Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yes, Oscar......c'mon down to 147 (heh-heh-heh)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Yes, Oscar......c'mon down to 147 (heh-heh-heh)

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Didn't claim Corley was a big puncher, did I? Is Cotto's career limited to the Corley and Torres fights? No..... it's not. And by the way, Torres IS a big puncher, as evidenced by his KO record. Cotto has also fought other credible opposition that people choose to ignore. Even Judah is considered to be a good puncher by many. (Well, at least he was until Cotto beat him. Now he's a bum).

Oh, and by the way.... p4pk. You're not implying that Oscar himself is among the heaviest of WW punchers, are you? Good timing with his left hook... yes. A heavy puncher capable of one-punch KO power against the sturdy Cotto? Naw-w-w...
    I was implying that Cotto has never fought anyone with nearly as much power as Oscar has. He's also never fought anyone nearly as good overall. You can dispute that if you like, Id really like to hear you try. And assuming Oscar could make welterweight without sacrificing too much, I really don't see many(if any) fighters who pack a better punch than his left hook... Maybe Cintron has more sheer power, who else though?? imo Oscar could definetly KO Cotto with a good left hook. Why on earth not?? Miguels been badly hurt when tagged on the chin by much lesser fighters, that's why I brought up Corley and Torres... To date the hardest puncher Cotto has fought is likely Judah. and I thought Zab was going to beat him so I can't do anything but give Cotto lots of credit for that fight... But Judah is still no DLH, he doesn't hit as hard, he isn't as big, not NEARLY as tough, which is why Id favour Oscar to win the fight. Again this is all assuming Oscar can even make welterweight. But I don't see why he'd take a fight there if he didn't know he could make it... Unless it was strictly to fight Hatton for the biggest payday despite being less effective.. Which I guess is possible considering the ease which he'd handle Hatton imo.
    No, Cotto hasn't fought anyone of Oscar's pedigree. But he has fought boxers that punch just as hard, or harder. Another factor to consider is that Cotto is still on his way up. Oscar isn't. To me there's nothing to say that Oscar-Cotto would be a done deal either way. Cotto proved a lot vs. Judah, and people are starting to grudgingly give him his due.

About what Oscar will do.... well... that's another story. If he acts true to form, he'll pick the fight with the biggest glory potential and lowest KO loss risk. That leaves out Cintron, and possibly Cotto. Yeah... he just might look Hatton's way after all, especially if he can convince Hatton to come up to 147.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't claim Corley was a big puncher, did I? Is Cotto's career limited to the Corley and Torres fights? No..... it's not. And by the way, Torres IS a big puncher, as evidenced by his KO record. Cotto has also fought other credible opposition that people choose to ignore. Even Judah is considered to be a good puncher by many. (Well, at least he was until Cotto beat him. Now he's a bum).

Oh, and by the way.... p4pk. You're not implying that Oscar himself is among the heaviest of WW punchers, are you? Good timing with his left hook... yes. A heavy puncher capable of one-punch KO power against the sturdy Cotto? Naw-w-w...
    I was implying that Cotto has never fought anyone with nearly as much power as Oscar has. He's also never fought anyone nearly as good overall. You can dispute that if you like, Id really like to hear you try. And assuming Oscar could make welterweight without sacrificing too much, I really don't see many(if any) fighters who pack a better punch than his left hook... Maybe Cintron has more sheer power, who else though?? imo Oscar could definetly KO Cotto with a good left hook. Why on earth not?? Miguels been badly hurt when tagged on the chin by much lesser fighters, that's why I brought up Corley and Torres... To date the hardest puncher Cotto has fought is likely Judah. and I thought Zab was going to beat him so I can't do anything but give Cotto lots of credit for that fight... But Judah is still no DLH, he doesn't hit as hard, he isn't as big, not NEARLY as tough, which is why Id favour Oscar to win the fight. Again this is all assuming Oscar can even make welterweight. But I don't see why he'd take a fight there if he didn't know he could make it... Unless it was strictly to fight Hatton for the biggest payday despite being less effective.. Which I guess is possible considering the ease which he'd handle Hatton imo.
    No, Cotto hasn't fought anyone of Oscar's pedigree. But he has fought boxers that punch just as hard, or harder. Another factor to consider is that Cotto is still on his way up. Oscar isn't. To me there's nothing to say that Oscar-Cotto would be a done deal either way. Cotto proved a lot vs. Judah, and people are starting to grudgingly give him his due.

About what Oscar will do.... well... that's another story. If he acts true to form, he'll pick the fight with the biggest glory potential and lowest KO loss risk. That leaves out Cintron, and possibly Cotto. Yeah... he just might look Hatton's way after all, especially if he can convince Hatton to come up to 147.
    Id hardly say people are grudgingly giving Cotto his due... He gets a lot of props from most people on here, and including me... Im just not sure he'd beat De La Hoya, and I don't get this whole Oscar shouldn't/can't fight at welterweight thing.. He makes for a hell of a matchup with anyone there. That I agree wholeheartedly with you in regards to he vs Cotto. I also don't buy that Oscar is going for the lowest risk... Moreso he's interested in the highest reward, regardless of the risk. That's been the pattern his whole career. Hatton is the biggest draw he could currently fight. Also, who in your opinion has Cotto fought that punches harder than Oscar?? CC for the debate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love DLH to get in the mix @ 147 the division is stacked @ the moment. Cotto is probably the biggest money maker so I'd say that would be the fight he'd target!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id hardly say people are grudgingly giving Cotto his due... He gets a lot of props from most people on here, and including me... Im just not sure he'd beat De La Hoya, and I don't get this whole Oscar shouldn't/can't fight at welterweight thing.. He makes for a hell of a matchup with anyone there. That I agree wholeheartedly with you in regards to he vs Cotto. I also don't buy that Oscar is going for the lowest risk... Moreso he's interested in the highest reward, regardless of the risk. That's been the pattern his whole career. Hatton is the biggest draw he could currently fight. Also, who in your opinion has Cotto fought that punches harder than Oscar?? CC for the debate.
    CC back, p4p. It's hard to compare punchers Cotto has faced with Oscar. Oscar's been at 154 for awhile, and naturally he'd be a big 147-pounder. But Cotto HAS faced fighters regarded as big punchers back at 140, such as: Abdullaev, Pinto, and Bailey. All had impressive KO records when they faced Cotto. Then he faced Judah, regarded a pretty good puncher himself at 147.

Thread Information