Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, Oscar......c'mon down to 147 (heh-heh-heh)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Yes, Oscar......c'mon down to 147 (heh-heh-heh)

Looks like Oscar wants a piece of the action. More trophies to add to his legacy, sort of speak. Well I, for one, say....... C'MON DOWN!!!!

Oscar-PBF we've already seen. Been there, done that. Wouldn't want to see a repeat.

Oscar-Williams.... I don't know. Williams has the reach and height, but Oscar's got the savvy and the experience. He knows Williams ain't got one-punch KO power, and that's exactly how Oscar likes it.

Oscar-Mosley.... seen that movie also. And a repeat would end the same way, with a Mosley decision win.

Oscar-Cotto...... Hmmmm..... now we're getting somewhere. Oscar doesn't like it to the body, does he? Hopkins' one-punch liver shot reduced Oscar to a canvas-pounding heap. I wonder what a well-placed Cotto left hook would do? I can only salivate at the thought.

Oscar-Cintron. Yeah, I know everyone thinks Kermit's still a bit raw. And maybe he is. But let me tell you, Manny Steward is one genius of a trainer. And mark my words.... Cintron will be a MAJOR FORCE at 147 soon enough. What am I talking about... he's already a champ. But this is just wishful thinking. Oscar's computer would spit out: "low reward, high risk" This is one matchup that would never get made.

So there you have it. C'mon down, Oscar!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Yes, Oscar......c'mon down to 147 (heh-heh-heh)

It's funny, as most of you know I find Oscar nausuating as a human being with his persona of angelic perfection but I still get excited about watching him fight.

When Michael Buffer announces him, and reels off his seemingly endless string of titles and then goes 'THE GOLDEN BOY', and Oscar is beaming his Hollywood heartthrob smile part of me starts to retch and the other part of me sort of smiles in admiration

I feel like Arnold Rimmer did whenever Ace turned up, it's just his all round perfection that makes me want to stick both my fingers up his nose and apply a live power cord to his testicles.

But he's still a damn exciting fighter to watch and I sometimes even find myself inwardly cheering for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would like to watch delahoya fight cotto the most i think it woulld be a crazy fight but ill have delahoya win, i would acutualy like cotto to fight 4 guys can u guess? one is delahoya, guess the other 3.......

floyd
    mosely
    hatton
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................
    delahoya
    mosely
    hatton
    mayweather
    cotto- should all fight each other i dont care how it happes i jsut want it ti happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would like to watch delahoya fight cotto the most i think it woulld be a crazy fight but ill have delahoya win, i would acutualy like cotto to fight 4 guys can u guess? one is delahoya, guess the other 3.......

floyd
    mosely
    hatton
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................
    delahoya
    mosely
    hatton
    mayweather
    cotto- should all fight each other i dont care how it happes i jsut want it ti happen

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH needs to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Looks like Oscar wants a piece of the action. More trophies to add to his legacy, sort of speak. Well I, for one, say....... C'MON DOWN!!!!

Oscar-PBF we've already seen. Been there, done that. Wouldn't want to see a repeat.

Oscar-Williams.... I don't know. Williams has the reach and height, but Oscar's got the savvy and the experience. He knows Williams ain't got one-punch KO power, and that's exactly how Oscar likes it.

Oscar-Mosley.... seen that movie also. And a repeat would end the same way, with a Mosley decision win.

Oscar-Cotto...... Hmmmm..... now we're getting somewhere. Oscar doesn't like it to the body, does he? Hopkins' one-punch liver shot reduced Oscar to a canvas-pounding heap. I wonder what a well-placed Cotto left hook would do? I can only salivate at the thought.

Oscar-Cintron. Yeah, I know everyone thinks Kermit's still a bit raw. And maybe he is. But let me tell you, Manny Steward is one genius of a trainer. And mark my words.... Cintron will be a MAJOR FORCE at 147 soon enough. What am I talking about... he's already a champ. But this is just wishful thinking. Oscar's computer would spit out: "low reward, high risk" This is one matchup that would never get made.

So there you have it. C'mon down, Oscar!
    So Oscar doesn't like getting hit to the body? Well Cotto doesn't like getting hit on the chin. I say Oscar ko's him with a good left hoot.

Cintron has nothing that makes me believe he wouldn't get ko'ed by Oscar.

Williams:could win on how many punches he throws, but Oscar is faster, and he is a much better fighter than Margarito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    ODLH needs to retire.
    y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    It's funny, as most of you know I find Oscar nausuating as a human being with his persona of angelic perfection but I still get excited about watching him fight.

When Michael Buffer announces him, and reels off his seemingly endless string of titles and then goes 'THE GOLDEN BOY', and Oscar is beaming his Hollywood heartthrob smile part of me starts to retch and the other part of me sort of smiles in admiration

I feel like Arnold Rimmer did whenever Ace turned up, it's just his all round perfection that makes me want to stick both my fingers up his nose and apply a live power cord to his testicles.

But he's still a damn exciting fighter to watch and I sometimes even find myself inwardly cheering for him
    Great points, I know what you mean. Love him or hate him, his fights tend to be exciting. Early on it looked like Vargas was too big/strong for him in their fight in 2002. And last year vs. Mayorga, what a beginning in the 1st round!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    ODLH needs to retire.
    y
    Cause he doesn't have it anymore.
    Hes too inactive, his stamina ain't gonna get any better and unless he finds someone whos gonna stand there in front of him to get hit then hes gonna get beat.
    He stopped throwing the jab, not because it wasn't a night of the jab but because he couldn't let his jab go anymore I'm sure he wanted to throw it but his body wouldn't respond to it.

He retires now and goes on about his promtion business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he just finished a extremely close fight with the P4P in the world, and he's done? if a few questionable rounds went his way it would of been his.
    I'm guessing he has 2 maybe 3 big fights left. Can he retire? yes... if he wants to he should. At this point of his career he still has more (talent, experience, etc..) than 95 percent of the guys in his weight class.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres are a couple fights down at 147 for him but
    a) he'd have to be very selective about who he fights
    b) that would only slow the progress of a great & young division
    c) he's old hat and has been beat by a 5ft 7 superfeather weight

He literally needs to mind his own business
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he just finished a extremely close fight with the P4P in the world, and he's done? if a few questionable rounds went his way it would of been his.
    I'm guessing he has 2 maybe 3 big fights left. Can he retire? yes... if he wants to he should. At this point of his career he still has more (talent, experience, etc..) than 95 percent of the guys in his weight class.
    I agree with the big guy, he certainly still has as much to offer as Shane Mosely and Zab Judah in my opinion and I definitely don't want to see those guys retire.

I'd dispute the fact that Oscar is done at all. For me for a fighter to be done they need to suffer a dominating loss and Oscar never has.

He came closer to beating Floyd than anyone since Castillo 5 years ago and has never been beat up or dominated in a fight.

He could fight any of the top guys at welter Cotto, Williams, Mosely again and nobody on here would be picking Oscar to get destroyed.

He's still got the tools to challenge anybody and having his name still in the mix at 147 just adds to the division's current luster imo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't see that being enough and now not only that but he want's to move down in weight and fight at 147....

He must be out of his mind if he thinks 147 is a good idea, he would be cutting down weight BIG here....
    I can't stress it enough that he needs to retire, if he goes on to fight and loses again he'll only be hurting his career.
    I can't stop nodding my head thinking ODLH want's to fight at 147 what a stupid thing to do....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i respect your opinion cut... However i still don't see why 147 is a big deal...
    like i said before, he was 2 questionable rounds away from beating THE MAN who owns 147.
    Why can he not do the following
    a. Beat him in a rematch
    b. Beat anyone under PBF
    c. Have a few more HUGE fights before he calls it quits..
    If anything, ODLH is making more and more a name for himself and his promotional company by fighting
    Watching his performance against pbf shows me no sign that ODLH needs to retire.
    Because IMO and in IMO only, i had that fight even. ODLH did not get "schooled", Never has. ODLH to me, hasnt shown any signs of a fighter who needs to hang em up. Sorry.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i completely agree, i had PBF winning the fight only by one round, and IMO if DLH would have kept up the jab he would have EASILY kept Mayweather in his shell, and would have won the fight, far from being schooled, i think he would beat Williams mainly cause i'd say DLH has the faster hands, more experience, and better power, but he has the chin to take Williams punches, DLH is far more accurate and effective with his punches, than Tony, and also he doesn't throw wide winging punches, Cotto would put up a good fight, or at least a good effort, but i think it'll be just another matador vs bull match, and well the bull wont win, if DLH can get down to 147 again and do it effectively he can become a major force in the welterweight division again

Thread Information