Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fights That You Forgot Were Good

Now you mention In Jin Chi, his fight with Michael Brodie was brilliant. Ricky Hatton v John Thaxton is another great fight, to this day I've never seen 12 rounds of work at such an incredible pace by a fighter of his age than I saw in that fight. I don't even know if this one was televised or not, but as a young lad my dad took me to see his mate Jimmy 'Shea' Neary fight Andy Holligan and it was 6 rounds of sheer carnage, very Hagler v Hearns, as the story goes Andy Holligan faught with a broken rib caused by an 18 year old Ricky Hatton in sparring.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sea Neary v Micky Ward - Neary was undefeated and Ward was wobbling in the second round but finished Neary with a beautiful left hook to the body and uppercut to the chin which lifted Neary off his feet.

Also Shea Neary v Andy Holligan local match which was toe to toe war for local bragging rights with Neary winning.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McClellan-Benn is (understandably) most remembered for the resulting permanent injuries suffered by McClennan, but if not for that it would have been remembered as one of the top fights of the 90s. Absolute mayhem from opening bell, with the brave McClellan sending Benn through the ropes in the first, then Benn gamely recovers and eventually earns the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody
    McCallum-Benn is (understandably) most remembered for the resulting permanent injuries suffered by McCallum, but if not for that it would have been remembered as one of the top fights of the 90s. Absolute mayhem from opening bell, with the brave McCallum sending Benn through the ropes in the first, then Benn gamely recovers and eventually earns the win.
    I'm pretty sure that ur referring to Benn vs McClellan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by silent assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody
    McCallum-Benn is (understandably) most remembered for the resulting permanent injuries suffered by McCallum, but if not for that it would have been remembered as one of the top fights of the 90s. Absolute mayhem from opening bell, with the brave McCallum sending Benn through the ropes in the first, then Benn gamely recovers and eventually earns the win.
    I'm pretty sure that ur referring to Benn vs McClellan.
    That I am. Thanks for picking up on the error.

ICB Guest

Gerry Cooney vs Larry Holmes

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    This is something like underrated fights right?
    Fights that most people overlook....

Uuummm!! let me see.... How about

Arguello vs. Olivares - A true classic, this was the passing of the baton from a great champ to the new champ.
    Barrios vs. Freitas - I think a lot of people overlook that fight or just forget how good it was. Gatti-Ward II was FOTY.
    MAB vs. McKinney - What a superb fight from begining to end, back and forth action and both fighters giving it their all.
    Boza-Edwards vs. Navarrete - In true Philipino fashion Navarrete comes in a does what Philipinos do best, that's go against all odds.
    Cooper vs. Moorer - These 2 exchange knockdowns and both on the verge of wining the fight, short but explosive.
    Liles vs. Littles - Another short and sweet fight with a huge KO in the end. Very entertaining
    Campas vs. Duddy - Back and forth action, the momentum switches from fighter to fighter about 25 times as the rounds go on.
    Gomez vs. Nelson - Whoa! Speechless really 2 of the greats in their battleing it out.
    Norris vs. Waters - On the verge of upsetting Norris, Waters trys to with all hes got to land the one punch that would put Norris away.
    JCC vs. Martinez - What a fight this was and more important it showed that JCC was one tough SOB and those who have seen it will agree.
    Agree with Arguello V Olivares and Norris V Waters is brutal.
    For me one of the most underrated fights ever was Fenech v Zaragoza in 1986...find this fight somewhere and admire what these guys can do in a boxing ring.
    Zagaoza had a lot of great fights. His fights with Paul Banke at the forum were great fights. Other fights are

Jorge Paez-Calvin Grove 1- 15 rounds in the Mexicali heat
    Alejandro Gonzalez-Kevin Kelley- Kelley wasn't giving up his title without a fight
    Ike Quartey-Vince Phillips- Quartey at his best
    Gaby Canizales-Miguel Lora- Great ending
    Joel Casamayor-Diego Corrales 1- Got to love Corrales fights

Just a couple I can think of

Thread Information