Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't felix sturm stepped up yet?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why hasn't felix sturm stepped up yet?

The opponents felix sturm has faced after the oscar fight are Bert Schenk, Hacine Cherifi, Robert Frazier, Noe Tulio Gonzalez Alcoba, Javier Castillejo, Gavin Topp, Maselino Masoe, Jorge Sendra. Out of these the only ones that I have even heard of or seen are castillejo and masoe & castillejo even managed to knock him out. I remember he declined a fight with felix trinidad after he beat mayorga and also one with jermain taylor. Is it his promoters that are holding him back

"Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why hasn't felix sturm stepped up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    The opponents felix sturm has faced after the oscar fight are Bert Schenk, Hacine Cherifi, Robert Frazier, Noe Tulio Gonzalez Alcoba, Javier Castillejo, Gavin Topp, Maselino Masoe, Jorge Sendra. Out of these the only ones that I have even heard of or seen are castillejo and masoe & castillejo even managed to knock him out. I remember he declined a fight with felix trinidad after he beat mayorga and also one with jermain taylor. Is it his promoters that are holding him back
    It must be, not to stereotype, but it's pretty rare that German boxer's take many chances once they a belt.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Felix stepped up earlie and was robbed by US judges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there goes ur reason rite there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Plys 44

Felix stepped up earlie and was robbed by US judges
    there are very few fighters who haven't been robbed in their careers. almost every professional fighter at some point has been either at the rewarding side or the victimized side of a bad decision. so you are suggesting that to avoid that one should make a career fighting mediocre opponents.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he may even struggle with his next opponent Randy Griffin. The guys got a good amateur background, & he's technically sound & if he is in great condition I think he wins!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    It must be, not to stereotype, but it's pretty rare that German boxer's take many chances once they a belt.
    It's sad but true. TA TATATATA BOWWWWWWWW.... BUM BUM BA NA NA NA NA NA BOWWWWWWW BUM BUM BA NA NA NA NA NA

Sorry, just had to have my little Metallica moment there
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not suggesting they should stick to fighting mediocre opponents, but when a fighter goes to a foreign country and gets robbed as was the case with felix, guess what that's going to sour his mouth about going to fight out of his own country again. Didn't roy get robbed in the olypmics in korea and that kept him home pretty much for his career, I'm sure there is other fighters that ventured out to a foreign country got robbed and said "fuck that". Also I think you all are giving felix less credit than he deserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The loss against Castillejo should never have happend,but it did because of a few reasons...
    first his mother,who had cancer,but was considered as cured got a relapse of which she
    died some weeks after the loss to Castillejo...and second because of the reaction of the
    audience after the Masoe fight Felix tried to change his style from less technical to more
    exciting against Castillejo,but lacking punching power and neglecting his defense he got
    koed in the end...all in all the loss and the death of his mother was a huge setback...
    But right now Felix is on his way back,marrying in the beginning of this year,avenging his
    loss against Castillejo in the rematch and winning a voluntary title defense...
    And it is said that he will return the US at the end of the year to do a fight there,assuming
    he wins against Griffin and I'm pretty sure he will...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin
    No not suggesting they should stick to fighting mediocre opponents, but when a fighter goes to a foreign country and gets robbed as was the case with felix, guess what that's going to sour his mouth about going to fight out of his own country again. Didn't roy get robbed in the olypmics in korea and that kept him home pretty much for his career, I'm sure there is other fighters that ventured out to a foreign country got robbed and said "fuck that". Also I think you all are giving felix less credit than he deserves.
    I am not hating on felix but in boxing one has to earn the credit & felix hasn't showed anything since the delahoya fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wasn't ready for Taylor when that fight got offered, then Castelljo K.O'd him. He's back mbetter than ever now. HE'L MAKE THE STEP UP SOON.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was really impressed with Sturm against De La Hoya..he looked awesome. I just remember that jab!
    I was wondering what happened to him as well..hopefully he'll be back into contention soon because he definitely made a fan in me after the DLH fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again not wishing to stereotype German fighters but they can be very boring Henry Maske, Sven Ottke come to mind. Strum is a good fighter but he will stay in Germany, wait until Taylor has moved up and he has a local unification match with Abrahams too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    He wasn't ready for Taylor when that fight got offered, then Castelljo K.O'd him. He's back mbetter than ever now. HE'L MAKE THE STEP UP SOON.
    is that what he actually said that he wasn't ready for Taylor. I mean he has been a work in progress for quite some time now. He splashed on the screen before Jermain Taylor & has had more fights than him

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked good against ODLH but I don't think he does too well against the strong, elite real middleweights. He's good but not great IMO.

I could be biased, I don't like watching him fight really.

Thread Information