Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kendall Holt

Holt's kinda quietly gone on a pretty good little streak lately.

Only really two fights but he dominated Isaac Hlatshwayo, a guy I thought was pretty good, and then Mike Arnaoutis.

I wasn't very high on this guy for a while mainly cause I just thought he was too chinny. Some of that came from the knockout loss to that Davis guy but also even when he beat David Diaz, the only times he really got touched he seemed wobbled even though he dominated the fight for the most part.

But he definitely has a load of physical ability, lots of speed, and he can punch a bit. He's got decent skills and he seems a bit more safety first lately which is good for him considering I still don't think of him as having a good chin.

You could make a good case that the two guys he fought, Hlatshwayo and Arnaoutis, were kinda made for him. Neither guy was a big puncher and both guys are better against pressure fighters than guys like Holt but he still was pretty impressive.

Now he's fighting Ricardo Torres. I've never been that high on Torres, Cotto's recklessness made him look better than he was and he was IMO lucky to get the decision versus Arnaoutis. I think Holt should beat him but it is a bit worrisome that the fights in Colombia and also that Torres can punch.

Assuming he gets by Torres where does he go from here. He really gets no recognition at 140, not sure why. Just for example, I'm pretty certain he'd beat Malignaggi.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kendall Holt

I really started to like Holt after the Hlatswayo fight & the way he dealt with Arnaoutis when Torres just bearly scrapped by him. I think since his loss he has become a better fight & tends to stick to his game plan to box. He's pretty fast & his timing elevates his power IMO!

I think he puts on another clinic over Torres then he'll get the recognition I feel he deserves, along with the big name fights!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Holt he's an exciting fighter... His fight with Arnatouis was horrible to watch though, a giant pose down for much of it. I guess it's just because both guys are counter punchers, there was very little good action. Didn't realize he was fighting Torres... That will probably be a good scrap, but I doubt Ill have a chance to watch it. He doesn't seem to get much recognition your right, he needs a good undercard fight that people will see.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I like Holt he's an exciting fighter... His fight with Arnatouis was horrible to watch though, a giant pose down for much of it. I guess it's just because both guys are counter punchers, there was very little good action.
    That's kinda what I was saying when I said that maybe the last two fights have been good matchups for him. I thought before that fight that Holt would win cause neither guy likes to take the initiative and Holt would just be quicker. I'm not sure if it worked out that way 100 percent cause I still haven't seen it.

Still a pretty good win.

Thread Information