Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Me Shadow Boxing!

Hello People,

If you get any spare time, i would appreciate you taking a look at these videos and telling me what you think, would be very grateful,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lPTqaE0JiZ4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_n9Wnx2nHnE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSbHKDLT5Jw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=raIjXRMcmo4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sBBWFafLlvA

Thanks a bundle,

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Me Shadow Boxing!

CC

your shadow boxing looks pretty good. The only thing i would advise is keeping your head up when you do your head movement.

On the hand mitts, what either the shoulders or elbows for better slipping. And it could be the angle that i see but it looks like you are hitting on the side of your fist instead of the two middle knuckles

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first off, you don't hit with the "two middle knuckles." Disregard that comment.

Second, not 100% TERRIBLE for a backyarder, but overall, you have no idea what you're doing. (No offense though.) Nobody does when they "train at home." I can't begin to state all that's wrong. If you met a real boxer on the street your false sense of security would get your head knocked off.

Join a gym and get proper instruction.

cc for the effort though. Keep at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you do have decent pwer though... so there's hope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go to gym with a good reputable trainer to save yourself from developing bad habits and to make the best of your training. Right now you're building bad habits. Learn how to pace yourself and get the fundamentals down before you decide to go full throttle.

You should work in rounds with a minute of rest in between. Each round you can work on a particular thing, and minute rest will give you a chance to catch your wind and figure out what you're going to work on next. Shadow boxing is more than throwing punches, it's about doing the things that you'd be doing when boxing a real opponent. Work your way in and jab your way out moving diagonally away from your opponent's best hand.

You shouldn't just stand in one place like your feet are nailed to the floor, learn how to move and coordinate your punches with your footwork. Learn how pace yourself and don't worry about speed. What I saw you doing was dropping your hands, getting out of stance, sticking your chin out. You were also moving back out straight which is a big No No. If you're getting winded and sore take the 1 minute break that I mentioned.

The focus mitts are a waste of time and will do you more harm than good the way that you're using them. Focus mitts should reinforce all the right movements that you would do in a fight. Your stance, angles, reactions, and setting up your punches. Boxing is never about standing in one place and hitting a target.

You don't want any bad habits so you're better off going to decent boxing gym and learn how to box properly.

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Chris the Mitts can be very useful if the trainers willing to move,and mix it up constantly.
    I run my people all over the outdoor ring,constantly screamin "THE E,HIT THE FREAKING E"
    If you do it that way youve got them focusing on a point in a fluid ring simulation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Monkey. I said the way that he's hitting them is wrong.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.

The focus mitts are a waste of time and will do you more harm than good the way that you're using them. Focus mitts should reinforce all the right movements that you would do in a fight. Your stance, angles, reactions, and setting up your punches. Boxing is never about standing in one place and hitting a target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    I know Monkey. I said the way that he's hitting them is wrong.
    Sorry Chris
    It was a LONG post and my ADD must have been acting up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry about. I gave you a cc so we're all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the comments so far. Yeah i was pretty disapointed with the pad work, i believe i didnt show my full potential on them, this may be partly because my dad doesn't hold them correctly, i usually do them with my uncle, who boxed, but there should be no excuses, my right hand was very low and i only think that in that video the flurry of punches were the most impressive thing. I will go down to my uncles gym take your advice and hopefully get a video on here asap, that shows a much better and crisper performance, which i believe im capable of! However, on other websites i have received some pretty rave reviews about my shadow boxing, some people have said it's very impressive and that i have a very nice style of boxing, but i will certainly take note of what you have said and fit it into my schedule. I will get some more videos on ehre after ym weeks holiday :-).

Thanks for the comments so far, and keep them coming please, .

Matt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Flurries look nice but you should never punch just for the sake of punching. This is especially true when you're against a real hitting and thinking opponent. If you throw those flurries like you did while shadowboxing against an experienced boxer you won't hit them and you'll tire yourself out.

Right now go to that gym. You'll get some feedback while you're training and this can give you an idea of what you're doing. Best thing you can work on at this stage is to focus on your movement and posture. Learn how to throw your shots properly and how to coordinate it all footwork. In training this applies to your shadow boxing, bag and pad work. You want to do things for the right reasons while you're training so that it becomes second nature when you're in the ring.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not bad, sometimes you look a little squared up in the shadowboxing. You could get your left back from the hook a little quicker like you do the jab. Pretty good form, what I saw on the pads, you should try to up the pace, so you dont have so much time to think about what your throwing, but its good to start slow, so your not k.o. 'n your pops. My 2 cents...Oh and ditch the music in the first clip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not in the mood to get longwinded so I will only coment on the shadowboxing. The padwork was terrible, but u already know that. And for goodness sakes stay away from practicing throwing right hooks out of the conventional right handed stance.

U have to keep ur hands up always. The further into the round the lower ur hands were getting. Keep doing that n u will develop a very bad habit. Try not to be so predictable. There was nothing fluent about any of ur training. It needs to flow. U can't get caught up using the exact same body ryhthm & exact same punching sequence. Change things up. Again, that's a very bad habit building a little more every time u do it. Use more movement. Side to side. In & out. U shouldn't always be so stationary or retreat back in a straight line. There's more but this is a few things that will definitely keep u busy for a long while.

Some have already posted this & I agree. Go to a gym & learn from a qualified trainer, if u really want to learn to box. The longer u do things the wrong way, the harder it will be for u to learn the proper way.

Not tryin to knock ur moral down. Just shootin straight with u. Get to a gym & train hard.

Thread Information