Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rjj wants Trinidad,Tarver,Johnson and.... Holyfield/Klitshko?!?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rjj wants Trinidad,Tarver,Johnson and.... Holyfield/Klitshko?!?!

Has he gone insane? Or is RJJ back to his best? I'd like him to beat Tarver and Johnson up,for his legacy sake.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Rjj wants Trinidad,Tarver,Johnson and....Holyfield/Klitshko?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Has he gone insane? Or is RJJ back to his best? I'd like him to beat Tarver and Johnson up badly,for his legacy sake.
    I agree with you El Gamo i would like him to revenge Johnson and Tarver losses but Holyfield and Klit ?? no way he should just stay where he is keep moving up and down took alot out of him last time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rjj wants Trinidad,Tarver,Johnson and....Holyfirled/Klitshko?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Has he gone insane? Or is RJJ back to his best? I'd like him to beat Tarver and Johnson up badly,for his legacy sake.

imo, rjj needs to beat tarver for "legacy strengthening," purposes. i kinda like glen johnson, but would have no problem seeing rjj get a solid win/ko over him (dunno if i'd like to see him get beat up badly, though)

a fight with trinidad would be complete garbage. trinidad was the man at 154, but has no business at middle. which raises the question...................................

what weight!?

trinidad fighting rjj at lightheavy, or even supermiddle?? that would be a pretty good edge for roy

that would be like mayweather calling out 135lb morales, but then waiting a couple years after morales retired before trying to set up a fight with him at 147

absurd.

klitchko (either one) would destroy roy jones jr.

now holyfield on the other hand............................

thats actually a fight that i would pay $49.95 to see

i'd go with roy by ud

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RJJ wants to get a reality check, and realise that although he's still a name in the business, he is not the fighter that dominated boxing a few years ago.

This sounds to me as though he's just trying to make some headlines and drag himself into some sort of title fight, or an eliminator. And getting revenge on Tarver might be an incentive for him too.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If old Roy couldn't beat that piss poor Tarver in the third fight he'll never beat him.

Again.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    If old Roy couldn't beat that piss poor Tarver in the third fight he'll never beat him.

Again.
    Probably right, I was starting to think that since Tarver looked so horrible in the last two fights that RJ could probably beat him but hell like you said Tarver looked like shit in that third fight too.

Johnson would beat up RJJ, just back him into the ropes and do the same things he did last time. Jones spends way too much time on the ropes, even against guys like Hanshaw and Ajamu.

He'd beat Trinidad but its a joke fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy wants to fight Tito, because he can make a lot of money, and should have a very good chance of winning.

He ain't fighting Klitschko or any other heavyweight. It's just talk. Roy being Roy.

ICB Guest

Again.
    Disagree Roy could of beat Tarver in 3rd fight if he would of let his hands go but he was doing too much showboating and not enough fighting he had his moments in 3rd fight like 5th round i think it was when he hurt Tarver infact he won 2 rounds on the trot by letting his hands go then what does he do ?? he lets Tarver off and goes back to showboating and not throwing anything Tarver was only landing in single numbers like 9 punches ect Jones was actually pretty sharp in 3rd fight but he was too worried about getting koed i believe if they have 4th fight Jones will let his hands go and do the job this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Again.
    Disagree Roy could of beat Tarver in 3rd fight if he would of let his hands go but he was doing too much showboating and not enough fighting he had his moments in 3rd fight like 5th round i think it was when he hurt Tarver infact he won 2 rounds on the trot by letting his hands go then what does he do ?? he lets Tarver off and goes back to showboating and not throwing anything Tarver was only landing in single numbers like 9 punches ect Jones was actually pretty sharp in 3rd fight but he was too worried about getting koed i believe if they have 4th fight Jones will let his hands go and do the job this time.
    The reason he wasn't throwing punches wasn't because he was showboating, it's because he was gunshy and afraid of getting KO'd. He just wanted to make it thru the 12 rounds alive. He almost got knocked out in either the 10th or 11th (I forget) regardless.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again.
    I'm not totally sure why he would do it now though?

I mean why did he come out after those two rounds and just stop doing anything? You would think that would have been the point that he really had confidence.

I'd still favor Tarver but its more doable than Johnson. I think he'd just get beat up again in that one.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

Again.
    The reason he wasn't throwing punches wasn't because he was showboating, it's because he was gunshy and afraid of getting KO'd. He just wanted to make it thru the 12 rounds alive. He almost got knocked out in either the 10th or 11th (I forget) regardless.
    He was showboating alot like sticking his tongue out and doing chicken moves he could of took Tarver if he wasn't so damn afraid to let his hands go.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Again.
    I'm not totally sure why he would do it now though?

I mean why did he come out after those two rounds and just stop doing anything? You would think that would have been the point that he really had confidence.

I'd still favor Tarver but its more doable than Johnson. I think he'd just get beat up again in that one.
    I have no idea all i know is that he hurt Tarver and could of took him but yet stopped throwing ?? i was confused and angry being Jones fan that he basically just gifted the fight to Tarver.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    RJJ wants to get a reality check, and realise that although he's still a name in the business, he is not the fighter that dominated boxing a few years ago.

This sounds to me as though he's just trying to make some headlines and drag himself into some sort of title fight, or an eliminator. And getting revenge on Tarver might be an incentive for him too.
    Jones really should retire. He has 2 wins against relative no names now and if he really thinks he's gonna start beating names now then he does indeed need his brain checking.

Jones is safe for the time being fighting the stock of fighter he has been fighting. Anything more and he has issues.

RETIREMENT, is the best option completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i want him to fight johnson, and tarver, and hopkins or calzahe, i think he CAN beat all of them, if he does wat we no he can, but wat he holds himself out of doing, moving around and thrwing hands

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Jones really should retire. He has 2 wins against relative no names now and if he really thinks he's gonna start beating names now then he does indeed need his brain checking.

Jones is safe for the time being fighting the stock of fighter he has been fighting. Anything more and he has issues.

RETIREMENT, is the best option completely.
    Roy should just retire, he is washed up, and look how its affecting him! i can't beleiev i have read people say roy should fbeat tarver and johnson for his legecy! are you serious?? in his prime these guy were NOTHING to roy, they done what they done coz he was shot and past it, simple as that.

No matter what he does now, it pointless, he wont beat a heavyweight champ, so thats out, fuck tarver and johnson, glen i do like, but fact is they would of both been seriously beaten badly by roy in his prime, everyone knows that. Tarver is was and always will be a nothing fighter, 10 years time people will be going to boxrec to get his name coz no fucker will remeber it...

just retire roy, you were great, one of the greatest, you got it to beat anyone of value anymore, so call it a day and do your self a favour.

Thread Information