Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My advice to Hatton.

Watch the Mayweather-Castillo fights which I am sure he will.

How to nullify Mayweather's foot and handspeed is to do three key things
    1. Don't throw punches coming in because Mayweather will back all the way into the ropes waiting for the punch to come.
    2. Use a lot of head movement. Mayweather is too quick not to give him different looks especially with that jab of his.
    3. When you get Mayweather on the ropes move in quickly behind a jab and tie Mayweather up so that he can counter or avoid punches with his agility. Then he is open for your other hand to hit him because both Oscar and Castillo were able to be effective doing this. They didn't land great punches, but they did land punches that were counted for some reason thats how you win a fight.

These three tips could be the key for Hatton winning. WHat he shouldn't do is
    1. Try to box with Mayweather
    2. Come out swinging he will be picked apart
    3. Don't bank on Mayweather getting worn out by body blows or pressure. He is in too good of shape for that... Use pressure, but don't try to overwhelm Mayweather instead take advantage of Mayweather hesistance and low punch output. You will never land prettier punches on Mayweather, but you can land more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My advice to Hatton.

I say hatton should just leave everything he has in the ring.

give everything his got and dig deep to give even more.

his going to need to chase floyd so keep punching when ever possible.

otherwise floyd is going to hit him onces or twice a round then all floyd has to do is avoid getting sparked or k.o to cruise into a given u.d (BORING!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if Hatton becomes reckless or comes in as stupidly as he did against Collazo, Mayweather will destroy him. Not beat him, but destroy him. Mayweather is a guy you can fight smart against(like Castillo did). You have to have a strategy, and I think if you use too much at the begining Mayweather is too strong at the end of the fight and he will punish you if you slow down even a little bit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton's great against the ropes, and Floyd's been known to let himself get pushed against the ropes. There's an opportunity there to be exploited.

Still won't be easy, though. PBF doesn't have a whole lotta holes in his game, and the ones he does have, he covers for really well.

I'm excited about this fight, even if I am a little on the drunk side...I'll feel the same tomorrow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's good advice for Hatton to follow some of Castillo's successes but the thing is I don't think Hatton will be able to achieve the same results. Mayweather is able to adapt & whatever Hatton brings Floyd is gonna have a plan A,B,C to counter.

I don't think Floyd get careless, even though I'm sure he's going to talk about the KO leading up (just like he did coming into DLH). I think Mayweather boxes beautifully towards a clear decision win!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information