Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who wins Dawson-Diaconu?

WBC has just confirmed this. Can anyone give me any info on Diaconu? I have yet to see him in action. Will he be a challenge for Chad>?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chad Dawson-Adrian Diaconu Purse Bids on 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    WBC has just confirmed this. Can anyone give me any info on Diaconu? I have yet to see him in action. Will he be a challenge for Chad>?
    Heel yeah Diaconu is the real deal, this will be a very difficult fight for Dawson.

Let's bully.......................

[youtube=425,350]kvo1LHYcvWA[/youtube]
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for that,who do you fany. BTW,you can remove the SIGS now bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaconu's nickname is the shark... and it's fits him perfectly. He's going to be a really pain for Dawson. I'm not sure Dawson can come on top.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Azriel
    Diaconu's nickname is the shark... and it's fits him perfectly. He's going to be a really pain for Dawson. I'm not sure Dawson can come on top.
    What makes you say that bro? Are you a Diaconu fan? Give me some info on him,what are his strenghts and weaknesses? Going by you guys,should Chad should recieve kudos for taking this fight right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have only seen Diaconu once and he looked good. It was ESPN2 recently, he does have a come forward pressure style, and likes to throw wide hooks inside. I think Dawson will outbow him, but he is no pushover. He has some decent power. Good matchup. I guess the Tarver fight fell through...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah NC,Shaw tried to get a Tarver fight for Chad but they could not find a venue big enough for the date which would generate enough $$$ to fulfill Tavers expectations. This seems like a good fight though. I'm going to watch Diaconu v Hoye and Thyse hopefully,later today.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Hoye fight was the one I saw, Hoye is tall but not even close to Dawson in skill, or power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaconu strengths: Great stamina, pressure fighter that never gives up, good chin but his main stregth is his power. Not too bad at cuting the ring and became patient in his last few fights. He's precise with his shots. He's also got approximately 250 amateur fights.

His flaws are that he is a little slow. Not great head movement but his defense is ok. He wasn't too keen on waiting for the openings before and used to get winded for trying to rip people's heads off with every single shot.

He's going to be a great challenge for Dawson, especially since he has a questionable chin.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. What a matchup. Diaconu is like a little 175 lb Tyson and he just has explosive power. Dawson is good definitely, but Diaconu is awesome. It's intriguing.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit!
    Diaconus gonna check BCD chin....

Alright BCD, heres the plan.... Box well, stick and move, stick and move.... Use your reach against the shorter and less skilled then you fighter... If you do get caught and go down take your time to get up don't jump up in the air like your OK, even if you are.

Reset and start fresh with your jab, BCD your jab is an important factor here if you can stick it in his face from early on you will frustrate him and he'll be more open to commit a mistake...

El Gamo, BCD should def. get credit for taking this fight anyone whos seen Diaconu will tell you hes a damn! menace....

Heres his last fight against Hoye (I recorded it myself and put it on YouTube )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlM47hnIr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9wlqLfPjzw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for that Mick. I saw the fight,Diaconu looks pretty good. I think he loads up on punches too much sometimes but don't his left hooks remind you guys of Tyson? Good right hand too and even though it has a slight loop to it,he manages to land it. I'd like to see him use the jab more though. Physically,he is built like a bull to! Should be a good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Azriel
    Diaconu strengths: Great stamina, pressure fighter that never gives up, good chin but his main stregth is his power. Not too bad at cuting the ring and became patient in his last few fights. He's precise with his shots. He's also got approximately 250 amateur fights.

His flaws are that he is a little slow. Not great head movement but his defense is ok. He wasn't too keen on waiting for the openings before and used to get winded for trying to rip people's heads off with every single shot.

He's going to be a great challenge for Dawson, especially since he has a questionable chin.
    CC,good analysis,totally agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaconu is a monster. But if Dawson can manage to keep him on the end of his punches ad not get cause with a huge punch he should win a decision. Credit to both guys though if this fight happens.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

diaconu is a pressure in your face fighter with short power punches, he likes to be the one right in your grill

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow, interesting fight. Diaconu might be a bit too relaxed at times, he doesn't seem that busy to me from what I've seen-which is not a whole lot-but he does have explosive power. I'm not sure who I'll pick actually, I think Diaconu's got the power to knock Chad out and I like Chad as a fighter. He could outbox and outwork Diaconu though, this is interesting.

Thread Information