Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who wins and how , Calzaghe v Kessler..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins and how , Calzaghe v Kessler..

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    OK How about......The Only thing in Boxing Greater The "Insert name of winning fighter here" Skills ...Is "Insert winner of bet's name here" knowledge of the sport
    Quote Originally Posted by bambamdaddio
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah hang on lol, whats the bet, then I may have a punt too lol
    look above
    [/quote]

daxx chck your e-mail out when u get a sec plz, cheers (CC for the contact btw)

as for the fight, close to call i think...

on one hand you got a champion on the slide,completley diminished power, still very fast, not convinced on his timing and sharpness in his last fight btu joe has always fought down to his opposition... whislt calzaghe si still world class he isn't as good as he was, so kessler does have a good chance...

Then you got kessler, this can be one of those special fights for guys like kessler, young hungry, great shape, looking to make establish him self as the leader of the pack, i swear you need some one like richard atenburou to do the build up for this, these fights always sort of remind me of some nature show, where the young hungry lion questions weather the older leader still has what it takes to remain on top...

I think joe should win this prolly by UD, i would expect him to come out, use his speed and skills to pick his shots off, get them off and move about, pick up some early rounds, frustrate kessler, then maybe twoards the later rounds open up a bit, i would not be suprised if this was a boxing match rather than an all out show down. i know calzaghe is prone to let his ego gt th ebetter of him and go toe to toe with big hitters, but with his hands and lack of power now the smarter option would be to outbox him and take the belts after 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very well put Preme, a nice pre fight analysis is that.
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, well thought out Preme, and well argued, but I do feel that if Calzaghe does let his ego get the better of him and he does look to go toe-to-toe with Kessler, he could be in for a long night, and might be needing to win a few rounds down the stretch because he got a knockdown early on. Hopefully though, he'll be 100% focussed and box Kessler's ears off as I'm sure he can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Lets get things in perspective hear Joe is not the underdog in this fight, far from it, Kesslers pwoer is overrated imo, Andrade recently has stated his sparring parnter hits harder ( maybe sour grapes) joe has granite chin, Daxx trust me Kessler wont be taken lightly, Enzo has a camp they call hell, he will be 110% ready why would he look past this guy?? This is his biggest fight of his carer.
    I guess we will all see come fight night...Care to make a friendly wager??.......Something on the sigs?
    Why not what you got in mind??

OK How about......The Only thing in Boxing Greater The "Insert name of winning fighter here" Skills ...Is "Insert winner of bet's name here" knowledge of the sport

For 1 month ....Unless you can come up with something better....I suck at making stuff like that up
    Daxx your on mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]

daxx chck your e-mail out when u get a sec plz, cheers (CC for the contact btw)

[/quote]

Got it CC back to ya
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets get things in perspective hear Joe is not the underdog in this fight, far from it, Kesslers pwoer is overrated imo, Andrade recently has stated his sparring parnter hits harder ( maybe sour grapes) joe has granite chin, Daxx trust me Kessler wont be taken lightly, Enzo has a camp they call hell, he will be 110% ready why would he look past this guy?? This is his biggest fight of his carer.
    I guess we will all see come fight night...Care to make a friendly wager??.......Something on the sigs?

For 1 month ....Unless you can come up with something better....I suck at making stuff like that up
    Daxx your on mate
    CC#262 to seal it....

I think Smashup is in on this one too so I will give him a CC when I see him as well....

Best of Luck to you boys......

BTW it is Spelt...DaXX Kahn.....To XX's and the H before the N

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daxx your on mate
    CC#262 to seal it....

I think Smashup is in on this one too so I will give him a CC when I see him as well....

And here's me thinking it was spelt A-R-R-O-G-A-N-C-E.....or is that just the phonetic way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Daxx your on mate
    CC#262 to seal it....

And here's me thinking it was spelt A-R-R-O-G-A-N-C-E.....or is that just the phonetic way?

Ha Ha Ha Rhun you want in on this bet too....I can never see my name enough......And if I lose it won't take up much more room to add another name to the list...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh for sure Monsieur Kahn, I'm down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Oh for sure Monsieur Kahn, I'm down.

Then Have a CC on me sir,,,,Again it is 2 XX'x and the H before the N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a fight where we could see Calzaghe get old before our eyes. I have no doubt that Joe C of 2 or 3 years ago could beat the current, absolute prime version of Kess, but this is a 35 yo Joe C with damaged hands. I love Calzaghe, but I just have gut feeling that Kess is going to pull off the upset.

Thread Information