Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just watched Roy Jones & Hanshaw

gd clip 1st time ive seen the fight im a huge rjj fan but i think jc would blow rjj away i couldnt belive how rjj didnt try to finish the guy off after the knock down jc would just be to much for rjj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ACEA
    Wonder where Roy goes from here tho Maybe another fight with Johnson or Clinton Woods
    Let Kessler or Calzaghe retire this overrated chump for good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    I cant see the Hopkins fight coming off, both guys think they are the biggest attraction and make ludicrous money demands, I dont think Roy wants anything to do with Hopkins he said something bout it after the Hanshaw fight. As long as Roy stays away from Calzaghi he should be ok because i dont think he will be able to handle the work rate and if he stays on the ropes he'll get KOed

to be honest i think he can handle calzaghe cuz calzaghe doesnt hae that much power
    Oh come on at this point in there careers i would give Jones a 10% (maybe less) chance of beating Calzaghe. I think there is far too much Jones love on this site (or maybe Calzaghe hate).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by danchar123
    I cant see the Hopkins fight coming off, both guys think they are the biggest attraction and make ludicrous money demands, I dont think Roy wants anything to do with Hopkins he said something bout it after the Hanshaw fight. As long as Roy stays away from Calzaghi he should be ok because i dont think he will be able to handle the work rate and if he stays on the ropes he'll get KOed

to be honest i think he can handle calzaghe cuz calzaghe doesnt hae that much power
    Oh come on at this point in there careers i would give Jones a 10% (maybe less) chance of beating Calzaghe. I think there is far too much Jones love on this site (or maybe Calzaghe hate).
    Looking purely at the evidence of the clip Jones would have to be able to employ a reasonable defence for 12 rounds to go with Kessler or Calzaghe at this stage of his career, and he looks just exhausted, lolling on the ropes there, and a fighter with better accuracy and work rate would have put him out of there in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by danchar123

Looking purely at the evidence of the clip Jones would have to be able to employ a reasonable defence for 12 rounds to go with Kessler or Calzaghe at this stage of his career, and he looks just exhausted, lolling on the ropes there, and a fighter with better accuracy and work rate would have put him out of there in my opinion.
    Hey, how about Tito . One can hope right?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by geo
    gd clip 1st time ive seen the fight im a huge rjj fan but i think jc would blow rjj away i couldnt belive how rjj didnt try to finish the guy off after the knock down jc would just be to much for rjj
    He didn't finish him off because Roy Jones feels that he won't knock a guy out unless he has to. He said that in an interview with Boxing Monthly. Apparently the Gerald Mclellan tragedy got to him real bad and thats why he doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Quote Originally Posted by geo
    He didn't finish him off because Roy Jones feels that he won't knock a guy out unless he has to. He said that in an interview with Boxing Monthly. Apparently the Gerald Mclellan tragedy got to him real bad and thats why he doesn't.
    Interesting.. sort of classy but really risky.

Roy must have been watching the Ali/Foreman fight during his off time before this fight.. he inherited the rope-a-dope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones jr. is amazing.51-4.he still has that sinister right cross.Roy Jones jr. can beat anybody!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glenn Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Tido Trinidad, Ghalzagi or whatever, are all gonna' get whooped.all of them.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Plys 44
    Wonder where Roy goes from here tho Maybe another fight with Johnson or Clinton Woods
    Let Kessler or Calzaghe retire this overrated chump for good
    Oh please in which way was Jones overrated i bet if Kessler loses you will never come here again a prime Jones would of whooped your boy Kessler and Calzaghe aswell.

Jones beat Hall of famers like Toney Hopkins and Hill easily thats right easily he done things in the ring that had never been seen before probably one of the fastest boxers ever p4p he was Middleweight SuperMiddleweight Lightheavyweight and Heavyweight champion of the world and was p4p number 1 for about 8 years but oh yea he was overrated Royal you should just stfu you constantly come on here slagging all USA boxers if you haven't got nothing logical to say instead of slagging boxers all the time don't say anything at all i have yet to see one post from you thats even goodish.

One last thing a fan who cannot appreciate boxers from all over the world is not a proper boxing fan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What many people have missed in the aftermath of this fight is that rather than witnessing simply what jones has left we witnessed a new element of the Fighter roy jones. In the Hanshaw Fight roy spent a large amount of time with his back on the ropes immobile and simply countering. This is not only a sharp contrast to the "speedster" Roy Jones who never seemed to be in one area of the ring for anything more than a nano second, but also the representation a an evolutionary adjustment to Roys style. In his career upto the Hanshaw fight Roy was simply not a good fighter on the ropes. Even opponents he dealt with easily had their successes with roy on the ropes and everyone must note that the photographs of his infamous knockout losses to tarver and Johnson all show roy entangled beneath the ropes. However against Hanshaw he fought well on the ropes using them to his advantage and catapulting several right hands from that position.
    It is my belief that in this fight we witnessed a new tactic of the jones camp. Roy, no longer possessing those visionary reflexes or the cat like speed has learned a new trick (or perhaps simply traditional boxing technique) which can help his matured body continue in the fight game. I THINK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    What many people have missed in the aftermath of this fight is that rather than witnessing simply what jones has left we witnessed a new element of the Fighter roy jones. In the Hanshaw Fight roy spent a large amount of time with his back on the ropes immobile and simply countering. This is not only a sharp contrast to the "speedster" Roy Jones who never seemed to be in one area of the ring for anything more than a nano second, but also the representation a an evolutionary adjustment to Roys style. In his career upto the Hanshaw fight Roy was simply not a good fighter on the ropes. Even opponents he dealt with easily had their successes with roy on the ropes and everyone must note that the photographs of his infamous knockout losses to tarver and Johnson all show roy entangled beneath the ropes. However against Hanshaw he fought well on the ropes using them to his advantage and catapulting several right hands from that position.
    It is my belief that in this fight we witnessed a new tactic of the jones camp. Roy, no longer possessing those visionary reflexes or the cat like speed has learned a new trick (or perhaps simply traditional boxing technique) which can help his matured body continue in the fight game. I THINK.
    #57 good assesment me thinks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst you make good points Donny,I don't think it's a great tactic to use. And he used to do it before in his prime,stay on the ropes and then burst out with beautiful leaping counter left hooks but now he just sits there and sporadically fights back. Jones performance v Henshaw was decent but Henshaw is a limited fighter. Back up into the ropes against someone with good power and he could have been in a world of trouble.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id tend to agree el gamo, when in against guys with power in the past the ropes was his nightmare location. My point is he seems to have improved this area of fighting...Im not saying his going to turn into wilfredo benitez and be at his most dangerous when "trapped" on the ropes, its jus my opinion that he can now go to the ropes to grab some breaks and still offer some offense.

Thanks for the CC jt

Thread Information