Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Injury SOS...

k im lookin forward to everybodies input here, but partcularily Trainer monkey n Chris n.

Was taken to the hospital last night, Have a serious fracture in my third metatarsel and a stress fracture in the 5th. For good measure i have a torn calf muscle which is agony, In summation my left leg feels like it is lodged in a concentration camp.

So i need u guys to help me out. Ahem, seeing as i cant stand up, i'm kinda at a loss as to how to do any training. However, there is absolutley no point in telling me not to train because i will, so pleases go along with me on this. What excercises can i do to avoid losing the progress iv already made n perhaps help progress a little. Obviously no roadwork, punching as i cant actually stand up independently, but any good floorwork or anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Injury SOS...

Wooooooooooo
    Just going off the top of my head
    You can still do all sorts of lifting,seated shadowboxing(light,just to keep your head in,but not too heavy or youll develop bad habits),and some sort of lifting for the good leg(calf raises,etc)
    Ill think more about it,like I said Im just going off the top of my head

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sucks dude...

Anyways as long as this hasn't made you bedridden there's still a lot that you can do. One neat little thing that I like to do when I'm just sitting around with nothing better to do is coin catching. What you'd do is place a coin on the back on your hand with your arm extended at shoulder level. Now with a little jerk of your arm you'd pop it up in the air and with the same motion as a punch you'd catch it.

You should switch between both hands when practicing this. As you get better you should place an additional coin onto the back of your hand and for each coin you add use another punch to catch it. To make it even harder you should increase the distance that your hand will have to travel. I found to get the most benefit out of this exercise is to also spend time practicing while wearining an eyepatch. If you become dedicated with this exercise be prepared for a dramatic improvement in your coordination and reflexes.

I hope you like this one, I learned this move from Kostya Tszyu's fitness video. He learned this from his father who learned it from Bruce Lee himself. Kostya implemented some of Lee's training and his fast accurate hands and his own admission attests to this.

This is a fun exercise, it's just like a game. Don't take yourself too serious when practicing it. I figure this outta help you with that get-up-and-go feeling that you have now and give you some extra motivation to keep improving. I'll give you 10 cool clicks if you can catch 3 coins in one jerk with 3 punches (No pun intended.) I saw Kostya Tszyu catch 3 coins, and I've heard one guy can catch 5!
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC's for both of you, thanks. This is such a bitch iv already started puttin on weight. So pissed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    CC's for both of you, thanks. This is such a bitch iv already started puttin on weight. So pissed
    Bra,if your worried about putting on pounds,when you lift,lighter weights,more reps,it'll keep ya toned,and keep some of the excess weight off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once you're a little more able to get out you You can work on a rowing machine strapping in your good leg. As for weight training if you're worried about putting on weight then you should set a timeframe for your exercises and work in a circuit not doing the same exercise 2 sets in a row, this'll do more than just high reps work alone. Better than high reps is find out how much repetitions that you can do for a particular exercise in 30-60 seconds and improve on that. Circuit training can be high intensity and a lot of guys have been doing a form of it in one way or another. Your doctor has probably told you to avoid any weight bearing exercise for that movement, but other than that you should be able to work on other things as long as you're careful.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if you're in some kind of cast but you can go to the pool and swim with a pool buoy .......... pronounced pool boy but nothing dodgy about it.

It's a figure eight shaped piece of foam like - kind floatation device so you can swim without using your legs. It tucks in between you thighs and keeps your bum afloat so all you have to do is use your arms to swim.

You can do freestyle and probably backstroke aswell but I've never tried it for some reason. Breastroke and butterfly are not really happening with you hips held afloat on the surface like that. It wouldn't be comfortable. You could do one armed fly though because wouldn't have as much up and down hip movement.

Maybe best to give it a go and see what's comfortable for you. You can get a bit of an aerobic workout though and it'll keep your arms and back in shape 
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can do as Sharla has done. Hit the books, surf the net and become a little wiser.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Believe me its not weight from lifting im worried bout
    It seriously annoying, Thanks Sharla i may well try that. Doing a lot of Floor work, mostly situps n thigh excercises to keep flexible, Just worryin il lose the stamina i had built up and the spped i had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being injured sucks I know hitmandonnay - but at least it should just be temporary by the sounds of things.

I think you might be surprised by how quick you can build your speed back up after you come back though.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think speed in the momentary sense rather than over a set time or distance is quickly gained. You'll be able to get it back within a couple of months of returning I'm sure

It's one of those things which make your muscles burn to work but a few good sessions and it's there again.

Scrap might know this better than me but isn't it not all dependant on fitness alone?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Sharla, Um my foot feels kinda good, i can walk on it now, soooooo i might risk a couple rounds shadow boxing or mayb pads, Got this lovely eight punch combination goin and dont wanna lose it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Sharla, Um my foot feels kinda good, i can walk on it now, soooooo i might risk a couple rounds shadow boxing or mayb pads, Got this lovely eight punch combination goin and dont wanna lose it
    Bro,no way you want to risk a set back
    You think your miserable now..................

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I no ur right, its just so....aaaaaahhhh...yano?

U get that fight all secured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I no ur right, its just so....aaaaaahhhh...yano?

U get that fight all secured?
    Fights over bro,check the Fights On thread,happened Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If youve broken your foot (any metetarsal) im afraid swimming is out of the question. Even with a pool buoy (the figure of eight thing sharla mentioned), its extremely difficuly to keep your feet perfectly still in the water due to rocking motion of the body when pulling with your arms.

Ive broken my foot a few times and swimming is nigh on impossible, youd be amazed at just how much resistance the water exerts from even the smallest movements, it really is very painful ..... believe me

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    Knowledge is Power

Thread Information