Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Ponce De Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    great win for ponce, I was hoping for rey to knock him out but he never allowed young boom boom to get loose.

He expose booms booms age and took the phillipines baby boy out before he can grow into an monster.
    sad to say but i saw this one coming. rey is a good fighter but he doesnt have the experience yet to be in the ring with a world class fighter. well, now that its over, once again it proves that experience is the best teacher. rey will get over this and will be back soon.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    What did i telll you, De Leon is a very hard hitter, in his prime and this was bound to happen. I didnt think it would be the first round but its such a great shame for Rey because he has the chance to become such a great fighter and this wasnt the route he should have taken because of De Leon being so dangerous.

I acctually feel we will see if rey has what it takes to become a champion now on his recovery route, best luck to him!

Well done De Leon lets hope he can really push a fight with the top fighters now.
    i'd like to see de leon vs. jhonny gonzales. jg can't make 118 anymore and i think has the skills to beat de leon at 122. that's if he can stay away from the bombs for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey yo, honestly, i may hate deleon more than any other but even i gotta admit that cocksucker hits fucking hard as fuck

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing
    Quote Originally Posted by The Best there is, The Besat there was, and the Best there ever will be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli_jr24
    I predict De Leon Ko's early in the fight.
    I'm thinking first round even.

hahahaha. I guess we nailed it huh? It might of been 2-3 hours after we saw the fight, but we nailed it.
    I've noticed over the years that I can make far more accurate predictions about fights after they've ended.
    heheheeh. I can't explain how similar we are.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Best there is, The Besat there was, and the Best there ever will be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli_jr24
    I predict De Leon Ko's early in the fight.
    I'm thinking first round even.

hahahaha. I guess we nailed it huh? It might of been 2-3 hours after we saw the fight, but we nailed it.
    I've noticed over the years that I can make far more accurate predictions about fights after they've ended.
    yes i saw the result and thought hmmm De Leon wins in 1
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, here's one thing about De Leon that transformed me into a fan this last weekend: That crazy dance he was doing, waving his arms in front of himself and making a cross when the camera was on him...it looked like some kind of tribal dance. The cool part about the whole thing....De Leon claims he is possessed before fights by the spirit of his grandfather, who in fact is the one doing all the fighting. Once its over De Leon claims to not be able to recall most of what happens.
    A member of a Mexican Indian tribe from the mountain country, Ponce De Leon does a private ritual before fights in which he believes the spirit of his great, great grandfather, an Indian warrior many generations ago in Mexico, enters his body. He has told friends privately that when he fights he often has no memory of what he did, believing it is his grandfather's warrior ways that are directing him.

Whatever the reason, Ponce De Leon certainly often doesn't listen to his trainers. Even before Penalosa exposed his flaws, the champion's handlers worked hard with him in the gym to improve his boxing skills. According to people who have watched him train regularly, the champion often is seen bobbing and weaving, slipping punches and boxing adroitly in sparring sessions but when he gets to the arena, something happens.

"He's a different guy in the gym," Gomez said. "He takes off the head gear and it all goes out the window. They've worked hard to change him into a more technically-sound fighter but they haven't been able to accomplish it. He is who he is. He's a warrior."
    above was taken from a article by Ron Borges on HBO's boxing website.

I dont necessarily believe, but its cool as hell if you ask me....and imagine if your in the opposite corner watching. If all else its a wicked mind game.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm so impressed with Daniel and I'm real happy for the guy. When I first saw him YEARS ago I thought "this guy is going to get killed against tough compedition". Sure he could hit hard, but he had the fluidity and movement of those old rubber WWF wrestling action figures. He looked TERRIBLY awkward, and not "awkward" in the good Prince Naseem/Herol Graham way.

His adviser Joe Hernandez actually first saw him at a workout in Los Angeles in 2000 before he turned pro, and said that Daniel had absolutely NO natural fighting talent, and thought that he just couldn't fight. Considering that, Daniel has done well for himself. The guy is a survivor. His mom and dad had 6 children, and he was the only one to survive (the rest of his brothers and sisters died within a year of being born due to blood ailments).
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Thread Information