Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked ass..and I made on television!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked ass..and I made on television!!!

Hey just got back from my first live fight card in Arco Arena in Sacramento and it was bad ass. My Dad and I got ringside tickets for 150$ which was a good deal IMO, worth every penny. We were a few rows back, but every fighter had to come within like 3 feet of us as they entered, it was bad ass. Michael Katsidis came over and talked with fans and signed autographs for like 5 mins, but I didn't even recognize who he was until it was too late to get his autograph and he was leaving. BUT I did get to shake hands with Z Gorres and told him good fight, he stopped his opponent on the undercard. Philipines won 5 to 1, so the Filipinos sittin around us were happy. AND last but not least I made it on HBO bitches!!! Watch as Daniel Ponce De Leon first makes his entrance, I slapped him on the back, from the left side of the screen and was cheerin for him. I was wearin a white T shirt and my black Ringside hat, you can't miss me. What can I say, I got the magic touch, I slapped Ponce De Leon on the back and he goes out there and knocks the guy out in the first round!!! Seriously , it was awesome though, I loved it.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked a**..and I made on televisio

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Hey just got back from my first live fight card in Arco Arena in Sacramento and it was bad a**. My Dad and I got ringside tickets for 150$ which was a good deal IMO, worth every penny. We were a few rows back, but every fighter had to come within like 3 feet of us as they entered, it was bad a**. Michael Katsidis came over and talked with fans and signed autographs for like 5 mins, but I didn't even recognize who he was until it was too late to get his autograph and he was leaving. BUT I did get to shake hands with Z Gorres and told him good fight, he stopped his opponent on the undercard. Philipines won 5 to 1, so the Filipinos sittin around us were happy. AND last but not least I made it on HBO bitches!!! Watch as Daniel Ponce De Leon first makes his entrance, I slapped him on the back, from the left side of the screen and was cheerin for him. I was wearin a white T shirt and my black Ringside hat, you can't miss me. What can I say, I got the magic touch, I slapped Ponce De Leon on the back and he goes out there and knocks the guy out in the first round!!! Seriously , it was awesome though, I loved it.

I live about 15 minutes from ARCO arena, and couldn't make it cause my gf had to work and I had my daughter. I wanted to go hella bad.

You live in Sac, Hulk?

I'm right over in Elk Grove

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked ass..and I made on televisio

Haa! Glad you enjoyed it! Cc
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked ass..and I made on televisio

Hey just got back from my first live fight card in Arco Arena in Sacramento and it was bad ass. My Dad and I got ringside tickets for 150$ which was a good deal IMO, worth every penny. We were a few rows back, but every fighter had to come within like 3 feet of us as they entered, it was bad ass. Michael Katsidis came over and talked with fans and signed autographs for like 5 mins, but I didn't even recognize who he was until it was too late to get his autograph and he was leaving. BUT I did get to shake hands with Z Gorres and told him good fight, he stopped his opponent on the undercard. Philipines won 5 to 1, so the Filipinos sittin around us were happy. AND last but not least I made it on HBO bitches!!! Watch as Daniel Ponce De Leon first makes his entrance, I slapped him on the back, from the left side of the screen and was cheerin for him. I was wearin a white T shirt and my black Ringside hat, you can't miss me. What can I say, I got the magic touch, I slapped Ponce De Leon on the back and he goes out there and knocks the guy out in the first round!!! Seriously , it was awesome though, I loved it.
    You made me go over the De Leon's entrance like 7 times. But I saw you. It was only a second. But you can see some clown in a white shirt and black hat. So that's you, huh? Much props. Good to see you had a good time. De Leon just destroyed poor Bautista.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC hUlk,I'm going to see if I can find you now. How was the atmosphere,it looked incredible!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked ass..and I made on television!!!

Very nice man, couldn't have picked a better Arco card to go to.

FS, I thought you live in Las Vegas? I live right in Ukiah, is Elk Grove by Citrus Heights?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked a**..and I made on televisio

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Hey just got back from my first live fight card in Arco Arena in Sacramento and it was bad a**. My Dad and I got ringside tickets for 150$ which was a good deal IMO, worth every penny. We were a few rows back, but every fighter had to come within like 3 feet of us as they entered, it was bad a**. Michael Katsidis came over and talked with fans and signed autographs for like 5 mins, but I didn't even recognize who he was until it was too late to get his autograph and he was leaving. BUT I did get to shake hands with Z Gorres and told him good fight, he stopped his opponent on the undercard. Philipines won 5 to 1, so the Filipinos sittin around us were happy. AND last but not least I made it on HBO bitches!!! Watch as Daniel Ponce De Leon first makes his entrance, I slapped him on the back, from the left side of the screen and was cheerin for him. I was wearin a white T shirt and my black Ringside hat, you can't miss me. What can I say, I got the magic touch, I slapped Ponce De Leon on the back and he goes out there and knocks the guy out in the first round!!! Seriously , it was awesome though, I loved it.

I live about 15 minutes from ARCO arena, and couldn't make it cause my gf had to work and I had my daughter. I wanted to go hella bad.

You live in Sac, Hulk?

Nah buddy, I live in Sonora, which is about 2 hours away from Arco. I did however stop in a gas station in Elk Grove on the way there to get food and a disposable camera, but they were out of cameras...I knew you had something to do with it...you bastard....

And VD, YES I'm the "clown" slappin Ponce De Leon on the back, jealous?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

You live in Sac, Hulk?

Should have gone to Raley on Friday then

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC hUlk,I'm going to see if I can find you now. How was the atmosphere,it looked incredible!
    Atmosphere was great. Everyone besides one guy up in the stands who got led away by the cops, were behaving themselves pretty well. People went crazy when Lennox Lewis walked by, I can tell you that. He did sign about 10 or so autographs before leaving. A few fans noticed Raul Marquez and took his picture too. Nonito Donaire Jr., the guy who just KO'd Vic Darchinyan was there and the fans loved him and got his autograph and took pictures with him. Michael Katsidis was like 5 feet away from me, and people were swarmin him a little, I didn't even realize who he was till he was leaving my area though, dumass that I am. The whole thing was cool, when you first walked in there were about 5 strippers dressed in Tecate cheer leading outfits to greet everyone and hand out Tecate boxing glove keychains, which I got one. It was a great night of boxing, specially if you were a Filipino, I'm not, just a white boy, but I was surrounded by Filipino's and they love their fighters. To sum it all up, it was freakin awesome!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was LIVE at Phillipines vs. Mexico..it kicked ass..and I made on television!!!

Well Hulk... Didn't I tell you it would be great.
    Being ringside is IMO one of the best life expiriences one as fan can have.

Heres CC#500 on me. By any chance did you take any pictures? If so would you mind posting a few?

Again, good to hear you had a great time out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Atmosphere was great. Everyone besides one guy up in the stands who got led away by the cops, were behaving themselves pretty well. People went crazy when Lennox Lewis walked by, I can tell you that. He did sign about 10 or so autographs before leaving. A few fans noticed Raul Marquez and took his picture too. Nonito Donaire Jr., the guy who just KO'd Vic Darchinyan was there and the fans loved him and got his autograph and took pictures with him. Michael Katsidis was like 5 feet away from me, and people were swarmin him a little, I didn't even realize who he was till he was leaving my area though, dumass that I am. The whole thing was cool, when you first walked in there were about 5 strippers dressed in Tecate cheer leading outfits to greet everyone and hand out Tecate boxing glove keychains, which I got one. It was a great night of boxing, specially if you were a Filipino, I'm not, just a white boy, but I was surrounded by Filipino's and they love their fighters. To sum it all up, it was freakin awesome!
    Good for you man. It was a priceless event and you get to see it live.

You made me feel like I was there in Arco Arena from your posts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Well Hulk... Didn't I tell you it would be great.
    Being ringside is IMO one of the best life expiriences one as fan can have.

Heres CC#500 on me. By any chance did you take any pictures? If so would you mind posting a few?

Again, good to hear you had a great time out there.
    CC back. Thank you. Unforuntately I did not bring a camera, tried to get a cheap one on the way, gas station didn't have any so I said screw it. Really, I should have brought a camera, but oh well. Taped the HBO broadcast when it came on and I'll keep that for years to remember the event. Ringside is bad ass too, just like ya said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't ringside but close enough to really enjoy myself as well...the night even ended with a sactown win....!!!!
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information