Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Bowe vs. Frazier. Who Wins ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, Round 1: Joe Frazier vs. Riddick Bowe

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, Round 1: Joe Frazier vs. Riddick Bowe

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Frazier beat Ali and Bowe ain't good enough to share a ring with Ali.
    Frazier dropped Ali are you saying Bowe couldn't be hurt by Frazier?
    Let's not forget that Frazier was a natural Heavy while Holyfield was coming up from Cruiser.
    Bowe never did anything to suggest he could last with Smokin Joe.
    Yes Bowe could share a ring with Ali why not ?? Ali isn't unbeatable Norton should of won 2 out of 3 fights vs Ali imo Frazier beat Ali but Ali doesn't have Bowe's power nor is Ali good inside fighter Bowe would be hurt by Frazier but Bowe is alot bigger than Frazier and i mean alot bigger just look at the stats.

Riddick Bowe

Height 6′ 5″
    Reach 81“
    Best Fighting Weight 235 round about there

Joe Frazier

Height 5′ 11½″
    Reach 28½“ Not sure what that means i think Frazier's reach was about 71
    Best Fighting Weight 205

Bowe is too big and and getting hit by fighters much bigger than you takes alot of steam out of your legs i would be suprised if Frazier could last the distance.

[/quote]

Another CC... you're probably my favorite poster on Saddoboxing, I can always count on you to be a voice of reason hahah
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

ICB Guest

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, Round 1: Joe Frazier vs. Riddick Bowe

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    It's Smokin' Joe for me here, he would have caught Blubber Bowe with that left hook inside of 5 rounds and why does everyone think Joe had a weak chin when in reality it was only Foreman who blasted him out in two fights.
    Knocked down twice from Oscar aswell and we are talking about prime Bowe when Bowe was in his prime he wasn't blubber Bowe he also had amazing chin and was alot bigger than Frazier i can't believe Frazier has made it to the next round to be honest Bowe would of beaten Frazier too big for him.
    Let's not forget that Frazier was a natural Heavy while Holyfield was coming up from Cruiser.
    Yes Bowe could share a ring with Ali why not ?? Ali isn't unbeatable Norton should of won 2 out of 3 fights vs Ali imo Frazier beat Ali but Ali doesn't have Bowe's power nor is Ali good inside fighter Bowe would be hurt by Frazier but Bowe is alot bigger than Frazier and i mean alot bigger just look at the stats.

Riddick Bowe

Height 6′ 5″
    Reach 81“

Joe Frazier

Height 5′ 11½″
    Best Fighting Weight 205

Bowe is too big and and getting hit by fighters much bigger than you takes alot of steam out of your legs i would be suprised if Frazier could last the distance.

It appears this match up has caused the most divided opinion, the Stats you put up do not look good for Joe i will have to admit. How does Foreman compare in size to Bowe? I might have to change my thoughts on this.
    George Foreman

Height 6′ 3½″
    Reach 82“
    Best Fighting Weight 217 thats what he weighed for Frazier fight but he could be 220 and be in good condition aswell.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker

Riddick Bowe

Height 6′ 5″
    Reach 81“

Joe Frazier

Height 5′ 11½″
    Best Fighting Weight 205

Another CC... you're probably my favorite poster on Saddoboxing, I can always count on you to be a voice of reason hahah
    [/quote] Thanks bro back i just think size difference would be too much for Frazier yes Frazier beat Ali but Bowe was much better inside fighter than Ali and was alot bigger aswell Bowe only had trouble with outside fighters Frazier style won't be the kind of style to trouble him imo yes Frazier would hurt him im not saying it would be one sided but Bowe would win.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its definatly a "pick em" fight. I agree with you, I'd take prime Bowe (who was awesome) over Frazier due to the size and his jab.

Not that I think its bad to think Frazier would win, its just good to see someone using actual reasoning for a pick instead of "well Joe Frazier beat Ali and Ali is the greatest so Frazier can beat Bowe!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had to go with Frazier.
    Seemed to do less ducking outside of the ring.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris
    Had to go with Frazier.
    Seemed to do less ducking outside of the ring.
    But why should that mean anything see the problem is people keep picking Frazier but are not giving valid reasons Bowe had all pyschical advantages over Frazier so tell me how Frazier would win ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point... I suppose I went against him because of my continued anger... I really wanted to see Lennox vs. Bowe in their primes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frazier is one of the true great Heavyweights. He has wins over top heavyweights like Chuvalo, Jimmy Ellis, Oscar Bonavena, Jerry Quarry, Buster Mathis, Eddie Machen and of course the 15 round victory over Muhammad Ali.

And Bowe was often not in great shape - always a little tubby and it's well documented that he was a lazy trainer.

Bowe and his management avoided punchers for the most part and Frazier was a puncher with an awkward bobbing, crouching style. Frazier was alot busier than Bowe and tougher.
    Also Frazier often weighed in around 215.

After the 3rd Ali vs Frazier fight Ali said "It's the closest I've come to death"

But some people on here seem to think that Bowe is going to walk through Frazier.
    Frazier beat plenty of taller, bigger opponents; Buster Matthis 6'3, Joe Bugner 6'4 are just 2 examples.

Mike Tyson was shorter than Frazier but I'm pretty sure Tyson would absolutely slaughter Riddick Bowe.
    Bowe simply didn't have the power to damage the forward marching Frazier but Frazier's left hook would have scrambled Bowe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We always seem to assume that modern fighters, with their supposed more high-tech training and conditioning, plus advantages in size etc would beat the old timers.

Frazier is all all time great, internationally qualified monster - Olympic heavyweight gold medallist, undisputed world heavyweight champion ...... a teak-tough, motivated and fierce fighting man. If Evander Holyfield gave Bowe fits with his heart and conditioning overcoming Bowe's physical advantages, then Frazier would have torn into Bowe and ripped him apart.

Bowe was lazy, in and out of the ring, he sometimes got discouraged in fights, and his conditioning was suspect ..... think he is made for Smokin' Joe.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went for Smokin Joe. This is tough to choose though.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob
    Frazier is one of the true great Heavyweights. He has wins over top heavyweights like Chuvalo, Jimmy Ellis, Oscar Bonavena, Jerry Quarry, Buster Mathis, Eddie Machen and of course the 15 round victory over Muhammad Ali.

And Bowe was often not in great shape - always a little tubby and it's well documented that he was a lazy trainer.

Bowe and his management avoided punchers for the most part and Frazier was a puncher with an awkward bobbing, crouching style. Frazier was alot busier than Bowe and tougher.
    Also Frazier often weighed in around 215.

After the 3rd Ali vs Frazier fight Ali said "It's the closest I've come to death"

But some people on here seem to think that Bowe is going to walk through Frazier.
    Frazier beat plenty of taller, bigger opponents; Buster Matthis 6'3, Joe Bugner 6'4 are just 2 examples.

Mike Tyson was shorter than Frazier but I'm pretty sure Tyson would absolutely slaughter Riddick Bowe.
    Bowe simply didn't have the power to damage the forward marching Frazier but Frazier's left hook would have scrambled Bowe.
    If your implying me i never said Bowe would walkthrough Frazier if you read my other posts i said it would be close and your comparing a bum like Bugner and bum like Mathis to a guy like Bowe ?? and you do know that Frazier had quite a bit of trouble with Bugner only winning 6 points to 4 on judges scorecard so thats not good example plus he had problems with Mathis aswell so how would he deal with Bowe who is much better than both ?? and also your saying Bowe was lazy yet again that has nothing to do with this fight because we are talking about both in there peak so that laziness would not come into it Bowe and Tyson were signed to fight and i believe Tyson pulled out with a rib injury and your saying Bowe didn't have power ?? yet he is much bigger than him and can hit pretty hard i already put up stats in other page but you think Frazier would hurt Bowe more ?? i don't get that at all.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe doesn't have the power to bother Frazier?? Bowe had tons of pop, and I've seen Frazier dropped by guys with a lot less power than Bowe.

Comparing Frazier to Tyson isn't really fair because prime Tyson was a great puncher with both hands, was a lot faster and more accurate.

Thread Information