Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Jones Junior said he would not fight Bernard Hopkins...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Junior said he would not fight Bernard Hopkins...

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    It's my opinion that Clazaghe n Kessler both beat hop.
    Theres a reason Hopkins skipped the super middles to go to light heavy, Light heavy was an easier division to becoming king...simple as.
    Nah, Tarver was the bigger name at the time.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    First of all i use to love Roy Jones but over the last year of so he been talking a lot of garbage for a man that been knocked on a$$ twice. He lost all three Tarver fights, didn't want to fight in the third fight and got knocked the hell out by Glencoffe Johnson and i am just plain sick of him! He don't want to fight B-Hop not for something he did, but for something he would do if they fought and thats Whopping Roy A$$. Won't you go to Hell Roy!
    Steady on Jones won first fight end of 2nd fight Tarver got lucky punch and in 3rd fight he could of easily took Tarver but didn't wana fight what a shame i think Jones was special aswell i mean theres not many boxers who i can say that there pretty much unbeatable in 2 weight divisions and i wouldn't be interested in Hopkins vs Jones fight now few years ago it would of been interesting but not now.
    you really drinking that RJJ kool-aide...
    Not really, that's a good analogy.
    the first fight was at best a draw. when a fighter steps into a punch with his eyes open and looking at his target, that's not "luck". was it surprising that it happened so sudden and early? definately. lucky? far from it. in the third fight, RJJ was so afraid of getting hit, Tarver dominated. i just don't see how anyone can say RJJ could have won that fight if even he didn't think he could win. just my opinion though.
    Well thats your opinion but Tarver was the one trying to steal the rounds in last 30 seconds imo that wasn't enough and yes it was lucky punch in 2nd fight because Tarver had his eyes closed when he threw it reason why i think he could of won 3rd fight because he looked sharp especially in round 4 and 5 when he easily won both rounds but he was afraid of getting koed and didn't fight but he could of won that 3rd fight had he been more offensive because Tarver was only winning rounds by landing about 9 punches or very low output anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love RJJ and had Tarver not landed the luckiest punch ever thrown, RJJ would still be considered the current p4p champ. The fact that Roy came back to quickly (Damn him) and got ko'd again is a testimate to his gutsyness. I for one don't care to see him fight Bernard again, I wouldn't want to see either one of them lose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thier childish bickering is what keeps them from being able to be grown up's make a buisness deal and make the fight happen. Both of them would rather not fight again than give in to the others demands !!!
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jones know hopkins would beat him. the fight would be pointless anyway

Thread Information