Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Jones Junior said he would not fight Bernard Hopkins...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roy Jones Junior said he would not fight Bernard Hopkins...

After the Hanshaw fight RJJ said that he wouldn't fight Bernard because of something he did. Does anyone know what it was? I am a big RJJ fan, but at this state in his career Hopkins is the only one left that I would like to see him fight, so I was disappointed when I heard him say that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Junior said he would not fight Bernard Hopkins...

i think it will just be an excuse rjj would get ko by bhop imo and im a big rjj fan and i dont like bhop much

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think they are both being petty and childish for some time now about their second fight which will happen if they throw their dummies out and acted like adults.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by geo
    i think it will just be an excuse rjj would get ko by bhop imo and im a big rjj fan and i dont like bhop much
    Hold on there just a cotton picking second. Roy make an excuse? Never!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm would it be interesting to see right now? I think Hopkins would win this match up now at this time, but will it live up to the hype? It would be a great match as Hopkins waits for Joe Calzaghe to face Mikkel Kessler.

Hmm but it looks like we will never know now….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all i use to love Roy Jones but over the last year of so he been talking a lot of garbage for a man that been knocked on a$$ twice. He lost all three Tarver fights, didn't want to fight in the third fight and got knocked the hell out by Glencoffe Johnson and i am just plain sick of him! He don't want to fight B-Hop not for something he did, but for something he would do if they fought and thats Whopping Roy A$$. Won't you go to Hell Roy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Assassin
    Hmm would it be interesting to see right now? I think Hopkins would win this match up now at this time, but will it live up to the hype? It would be a great match as Hopkins waits for Joe Calzaghe to face Mikkel Kessler.

hahaha

I liek the way you say that as if hokins is actualy going to get in the ring with the winner... lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i honestly dont think its an excuse, its just they both cant do buisness together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Assassin

hahaha

I liek the way you say that as if hokins is actualy going to get in the ring with the winner... lol!
    ? wow…. I like the way you type liek, also the way you type Hopkins. Really funny to me actually!

Hmm I cant see why Hopkins would not fight Good Old Joe. I mean he must feel Joe is going to beat Mikkel. If Mikkel beats Joe, I doubt Hopkins will face Mikkel cuss it seems his mind is set now on Joe. I guess the favors are also on Joe but I would not know. I mean he called him out, Joe replied with he can wait.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's my opinion that Clazaghe n Kessler both beat hop.
    Theres a reason Hopkins skipped the super middles to go to light heavy, Light heavy was an easier division to becoming king...simple as.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    First of all i use to love Roy Jones but over the last year of so he been talking a lot of garbage for a man that been knocked on a$$ twice. He lost all three Tarver fights, didn't want to fight in the third fight and got knocked the hell out by Glencoffe Johnson and i am just plain sick of him! He don't want to fight B-Hop not for something he did, but for something he would do if they fought and thats Whopping Roy A$$. Won't you go to Hell Roy!
    Steady on Jones won first fight end of 2nd fight Tarver got lucky punch and in 3rd fight he could of easily took Tarver but didn't wana fight what a shame i think Jones was special aswell i mean theres not many boxers who i can say that there pretty much unbeatable in 2 weight divisions and i wouldn't be interested in Hopkins vs Jones fight now few years ago it would of been interesting but not now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Bernard and Roy, but they should quit being such premadonnas and fight. Its all right if they don't though, just as long as Roy fights Glen Johnson in November like his promoter's been sayin and avenges that loss. That would mean that he has beaten every man he's ever faced in the ring. It's the next best thing to retiring undefeated.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Steady on Jones won first fight end of 2nd fight Tarver got lucky punch and in 3rd fight he could of easily took Tarver but didn't wana fight what a shame i think Jones was special aswell i mean theres not many boxers who i can say that there pretty much unbeatable in 2 weight divisions and i wouldn't be interested in Hopkins vs Jones fight now few years ago it would of been interesting but not now.
    you really drinking that RJJ kool-aide...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    Not really, that's a good analogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    Not really, that's a good analogy.
    the first fight was at best a draw. when a fighter steps into a punch with his eyes open and looking at his target, that's not "luck". was it surprising that it happened so sudden and early? definately. lucky? far from it. in the third fight, RJJ was so afraid of getting hit, Tarver dominated. i just don't see how anyone can say RJJ could have won that fight if even he didn't think he could win. just my opinion though.

Thread Information