who do you think would win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul williams vs mayweather???who would win

I think PW is the man to beat Floyd, but that don't mean I would favor him to do it. He's got every physical advantage possible and the good work rate to go with it. He should beat Floyd. But Floyd might no tet him.

I say Floyd in a best of three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Paul is the only Welterweight out there that has the best chance in beat Floyd's arrogant big mouth having ass. Paul is too tall, throws too many punches, and his reach is too long. Floyd would have a very hard time getting his shots off. Paul throw too many arm punches, but it will gain you some points in the eyes of the judges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that if any welter can do it, Williams can. But Floyd is the master at adjusting to an opponent and Williams is flawed enough for PBF to see a way in. Williams has those long arms but likes to fight the small game. PBF could fight even smaller, fighting in so close that Williams' reach is negated and his punch output is severely reduced. Williams' version of defense is offense and if you can take his offense away you can hit him pretty much anytime you want. I say he would do largely what he did to Corrales to beat him. Jab him to the stomach and chest from the outside and then get in.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO This wouldn't be the most entertaining fight, but I am not sure how Mayweather would do against a guy with this much of height and reach advantage then again I am not sure how Williams will do against someone this much faster than him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Williams could beat Mayweather. Not as a result of any advantage in terms of skil, speed or stamina, jus pure size advantage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams has every physical attribute needed to beat Mayweather such as freakishly long reach,good jab. He would also make the fight competetive in every round simply because he throws 100 punches per round whereas Mayweather only throws 40-50(and idiots like Jim Lampley only count the number of punches thrown rather than the landed,most effective punches)

BUT,on the other hand,Williams is so technically deficient in comparison to Mayweather. Also,it would be difficult to throw that many punches v a moving target. Williams threw 1,000 plus v Margarito and landed 23%..23% against a practically stationary target(Margarito did show excellent defence but still,he's no Mayweather). Williams is wiiiiiide open for a straight right hand as a lead or a counter. His body is there to be hit too.

I'd favour Mayweather via split decision. The numbers will keep Williams in the fight but because of his poor defence and low connect percentage,Mayweather will win.It would be close though,mainly for the reason already stated,that Williams throws a shedload of punches.

In fact it would be difficult for anyone to beat Williams on points,a KO/few knockdowns is the only way. Too many people score just the number of punches and not who scores the harder blows etc. As long as PW throws 1,000 per fight,he won't lose.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One point in relation to williams size, when he's in there with a guy who throws a lot or who can bang, theres a lot of him to hit, however if he can learn to impose the size upon the opponent he will excel./

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see this fight. I'd pick Mayweather to win because I think he'd be too elusive for Williams to keep throwing that many punches and Williams high output would just mean all kinds of countering opportunities for Mayweather. Williams is an interesting fighter though and in my mind he's a bit of a wildcard at this point. It'll be fun to see how he developes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams has everything that a tall fighter should have. he has the skills to fight on the inside as well as the outside. fast hands...Williams hand speed is superior to Mayweather, and of equal importance Paul has determination factor ,to see the job thru.. Williams would smoke Mayweather IMO .

Mayweather's mindset is wrong for Williams . Floyd has the skills , the talent is amazing , but he his now fighting out of this comfort weight. so he must be very careful how he plays his hand... cause a pair of pocket Queens will get beat by a pair of pocket Ace's most of the time. Mayweather is not stupid, he know this .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

williams punch volume would be too much for floyd. Floyd would look bad in this one. I pick williams by majority decision.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

williams all the way for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

willams will start stong but finsh poorly... but still win the fight
    plus how many combos he throws yeah paul wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is a rare match where i would go against floyd.

williams with his range and work rate and being a tall southpaw . i think paul would dominate mayweather in every way. williams matches mayweather in speed. and would touch him at crazy distances. this is not a good match for floyd in my opinion .

Thread Information