Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default strength training

im 14 and have been boxing for about 8-9 months and i was wondering what is the best strength training routine for boxing? i need to gain a little mass without losing any of my speed. Also i need a way i can include strength training with roadwork and bag work.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: strength training

At the moment just keep doing your training and learning your skills. Getting into strength training at 14 I wouldnt reccomend it will give you long term problems. Wait till 17 let your joints stabalise you will get a better range of movement long term.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your question is so general and would require to long a post to answer.

Someone your age though can gain TONS of strength and muscle off of calisthetics and do this in your room. If you construct your program right you can do some conditioning with it also.

What you need,

1.) Pullup bar in the door of your room.
    2.) weighted vest( i got a cheap $20 one, or get thigh weights and ankle, whatever)

I do this two times a week, once focused on strength once on speed.

Day one speed: Do however many pullups you can as fast as you can, stop when you slow down. Then do asmany pushups you can with speed, once you begin to slow, stop. Then do 3mins or so of abs, then repeat 5 times. Do without the vest for this one.

Day two Strength: Use the weighted vest and pick a number of pullups you can do and then subtract 2. Do that amount of pullups then pick a number of pushups u can do and subract 2-3 and stop on that number. For strength focus on tensing up alot, squeeze the bar with your hands, tense your abs, control your breathing. Do this for 5 rounds with abs in between.

If you want to add mass, on the strength day, do not take any break between rounds, and on the last one burnout on the pullups/pushups(change your grip to get out more)

For increased conditioning, do more rounds, as it becomes easier, use more weight on the vest. Or add in other exercises such as air squats, burpees or whatever else you can add in.

The speed you want to take time to rest, you get fast by doing things fast, so keep that in mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 14 power doesn't really matter yet, more important is ur speed and accuracy. Learn combinations rather than going for one punch ko's!
    I really think comin on here at 14 and askin for advice shows great will n a bit of determination so i wish u luck! Oh n ur in the right place for advice!!!

Thread Information