Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Berto vs Estrada

This fight will be on the Taylor/Pavlik undercard. Should be a good barometer fight for Berto. I think Estrada is solid and should take him the distance.

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article13275.html
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Berto vs Estrada

Its a solid fight, good step up for Berto and I wouldn't totally rule out Estrada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am high as the sky on Berto, but this fight is 2 fights to soon IMO. Estrada has fought Shane Mosely and Kermit Cintron and is a tough Mutha. Berto had a learn a few lessons in his last fight and I think he should test his adjustments against a little lesser of an opponent than Estrada. Dibella promised this that this kid was gonna be brought up slow and steady... Even after he wins against Estrada then whos next cause Estrada is considered a gatekeeper, who is he gonna fight when he steps thru the gate. Judah, Clottey thats all way too soon for him IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I am high as the sky on Berto, but this fight is 2 fights to soon IMO. Estrada has fought Shane Mosely and Kermit Cintron and is a tough Mutha. Berto had a learn a few lessons in his last fight and I think he should test his adjustments against a little lesser of an opponent than Estrada. Dibella promised this that this kid was gonna be brought up slow and steady... Even after he wins against Estrada then whos next cause Estrada is considered a gatekeeper, who is he gonna fight when he steps thru the gate. Judah, Clottey thats all way too soon for him IMO
    I'd completley agree with you that this might be a little too soon, but he has all the physical tools to get the job done in my opinion. I'm pretty sure Dibella wants to get him into the mix ASAP before all the elite's start giving each other L's. I think after Estrada he should take one or two more decent opponents, and then have his eyes set on Judah. He is the most vulnerable to a big punch and will get him a decent payday. Clottey is too skilled and durable at this point, and might test his heart a little too much. Someone like Quintana is too much risk not enough reward.
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Joerod
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I am high as the sky on Berto, but this fight is 2 fights to soon IMO. Estrada has fought Shane Mosely and Kermit Cintron and is a tough Mutha. Berto had a learn a few lessons in his last fight and I think he should test his adjustments against a little lesser of an opponent than Estrada. Dibella promised this that this kid was gonna be brought up slow and steady... Even after he wins against Estrada then whos next cause Estrada is considered a gatekeeper, who is he gonna fight when he steps thru the gate. Judah, Clottey    thats all way too soon for him IMO
      I'd completley agree with you that this might be a little too soon, but he has all the physical tools to get the job done in my opinion. I'm pretty sure Dibella wants to get him into the mix ASAP before all the elite's start giving each other L's. I think after Estrada he should take one or two more decent opponents, and then have his eyes set on Judah. He is the most vulnerable to a big punch and will get him a decent payday. Clottey is too skilled and durable at this point, and might test his heart a little too much. Someone like Quintana is too much risk not enough reward.   
    Good Luck to Andre.... This kid has a great Pedigree his father was a fighter, his brother is a hell of a MMA fighter so I have know doubt his upringing gives him a little more of an edge in experience than a regular prospect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully he learned a whole hell of a lot from his last fight, i think a easier opponet on such a big stage especially considering how he handled the big lights last time would have been better...but if he is focused chalk this up as another big win in his career.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could backfire on Berto, At the end of this his matchmakers are going to be heroes are zeroes

Thread Information