Thread: Cazares vs. Calderon (Spoiler) with pictures

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cazares vs. Calderon (Spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Ivan Calderon moved up to the 108lb division to dethrone mini-flyweight champion Hugo Cazares via twelve round split decision on Saturday night at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. For the first seven rounds hometown favorite Calderon put on a boxing clinic, landing clean shots while avoiding Cazares' punches. Cazares finally got to Calderon and dropped him in round eight. Calderon spent round nine holding and running, but frustrated the attacks of Cazares over the last few rounds to win by scores of 115-112, 115-112 on two cards. Cazares was ahead 116-111 on the third card.

fightnews.com

Hometown decision?
    Rematch?
    No way home town decision!!! I watched this fight and I'm sorry for those who missed it. Calderon started the fight with clean shots and you could see the frustration Cazares had. And, it was not Calderon just running, he was moving around Cazares and connecting clean shots. Until... he tried to stop in front of a 130 pounds fighter and was badly hurt, being dropped to the canvas in the 8 and surviving the 9. In the 10th Calderon looked totally recovered and in the 12 the only thing Cazares didn't do was to take a baseball bat to KO Calderon. What a great heart Calderon showed...

Again, I'm sorry for the boxing fans that missed this one. Rounds 1 to 6, clear for Calderon, 7 to 9 for Cazares, with a knock down in 8, 10 and 11 Calderon, the 12 could be for Calderon, but I'm still giving it to Cazares, and the is sum 115 - 112 for Calderon.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cazares vs. Calderon (Spoiler) with pictures

CC for the run down PRP,I'm going to watch the fight later today and I cannot wait! Was it really exciting? I'm so glad that Calderon didn't just "run" and actually landed some good shots on the bigger,stronger man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A very MAsterful display of greatnes in Calderon. HE gave Cazares a clinic it was a clear UD not that close. I will try to put it in Youtube.

It was beautiful everytime Hugo Cazares missed a punch the crowd when "OOOOLEEEEEEE" like bull fighting.

Rounds 1 to 7, 10 , 11 and maybe 12 are Calderon's and Rounds 8 KD, 9 ( Calderon cruised a la cotto) and maybe 12 are Cazare's  but you will be the judge once you see it.

PS. The fight before tha main even was as well a great great fight.

Good pics Mick let me add some more

Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cazares vs. Calderon (Spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Yup,Ive read 3 reports,all had it for Calderon 115-113. Ivan was actually outfighting Cazares until he got caught. Definitely not a hometown decision although there could be a rematch and I don't think anyone would complain as it was such an awesome fight. Calderon should most certainly be p4p top 15 now for sure. He could have ran for the whole fight but he didn't,he out on a masterclass.
    CC#1942 Gamo, thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    CC for the pics mick
    Your welcome, CC#185.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Ivan Calderon moved up to the 108lb division to dethrone mini-flyweight champion Hugo Cazares via twelve round split decision on Saturday night at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. For the first seven rounds hometown favorite Calderon put on a boxing clinic, landing clean shots while avoiding Cazares' punches. Cazares finally got to Calderon and dropped him in round eight. Calderon spent round nine holding and running, but frustrated the attacks of Cazares over the last few rounds to win by scores of 115-112, 115-112 on two cards. Cazares was ahead 116-111 on the third card.

fightnews.com

Hometown decision?
    Rematch?
    No way home town decision!!! I watched this fight and I'm sorry for those who missed it. Calderon started the fight with clean shots and you could see the frustration Cazares had. And, it was not Calderon just running, he was moving around Cazares and connecting clean shots. Until... he tried to stop in front of a 130 pounds fighter and was badly hurt, being dropped to the canvas in the 8 and surviving the 9. In the 10th Calderon looked totally recovered and in the 12 the only thing Cazares didn't do was to take a baseball bat to KO Calderon. What a great heart Calderon showed...

Again, I'm sorry for the boxing fans that missed this one. Rounds 1 to 6, clear for Calderon, 7 to 9 for Cazares, with a knock down in 8, 10 and 11 Calderon, the 12 could be for Calderon, but I'm still giving it to Cazares, and the is sum 115 - 112 for Calderon.
    CC#33 and thanks for the input on the fight can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    A very MAsterful display of greatnes in Calderon. HE gave Cazares a clinic it was a clear UD not that close. I will try to put it in Youtube.

It was beautiful everytime Hugo Cazares missed a punch the crowd when "OOOOLEEEEEEE" like bull fighting.

Rounds 1 to 7, 10 , 11 and maybe 12 are Calderon's and Rounds 8 KD, 9 ( Calderon cruised a la cotto) and maybe 12 are Cazare's but you will be the judge once you see it.

PS. The fight before tha main even was as well a great great fight.

Good pics Mick let me add some more

Thanks for the pics. Puya CC#263.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back CMM

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ivan may be the 105-pound champion and Cazares may be the 108-pound champion, but last night in the ring.... Hugo looked at least twice as big. That Calderon pulled it off, to me is nothing short of amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Ivan may be the 105-pound champion and Cazares may be the 108-pound champion, but last night in the ring.... Hugo looked at least twice as big. That Calderon pulled it off, to me is nothing short of amazing.
    I told you to have faith bro! Although not even I knew Ivan would show such heart. Long reigning champ with good resume moves up to fight the champ who is 6 inches taller and looks 2 times bigger and wins. And he won without resorting to running. He boxed beautifully. Bro,did you see the undercard? I heard there was a war but I cannot remember the 2 fighters names! Was it good?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    I told you to have faith bro! Although not even I knew Ivan would show such heart. Long reigning champ with good resume moves up to fight the champ who is 6 inches taller and looks 2 times bigger and wins. And he won without resorting to running. He boxed beautifully. Bro,did you see the undercard? I heard there was a war but I cannot remember the 2 fighters names! Was it good?
    If you can see it... I recommend it. Would be FOTY candidate if the fighters were better known. It was between "Rocky" Martinez (can't remember his first name) of Puerto Rico, and Daniel "Azuquita" Jimenez from the neighboring Dominican Republic. And it was GOOOOOD!! "Azuquita" showed a lot of heart, but Martinez was relentless... pressing the action and with a powerful right hand. I thought the ref stopped it at the right time.

On the Calderon fight... did you see it, then? It WAS a masterful boxing exhibition. He kept making Cazares miss awkwardly and fall into the ropes, whereas Calderon landed some very clean punches that stopped Cazares momentarily in his tracks. If Ivan had any punching power, Hugo would've gone down. But it's the size difference that really amazed me. No way Ivan could've stood there and traded with Cazares.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice. Still haven't seen it but sounds from most people like the right decision. Always had faith in Ivan, even after those pictures with Ivan looking like a 105 pounder and Cazares looking like a featherweight.

Was the Jimenez that lost the same guy that beat Vicente Escobedo? Would check boxrec but for some reason it keeps freezing everytime I try to look it up. Gonna try to download that too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Was the Jimenez that lost the same guy that beat Vicente Escobedo? Would check boxrec but for some reason it keeps freezing everytime I try to look it up. Gonna try to download that too.
    That's exactly 'Azuquita' Jimenez who beat 'Chente' Escobedo that's why I predicted he would win cause he's looked solid prior to the Escobedo fight and he's looked solid since and better since then.
    I just finished watching the fight and wow! really good fight back and forth action.
    Really recommend it.

Thread Information