Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Whitaker-Mayweather at Welterweight. Who Wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whitaker-Mayweather at Welterweight. Who Wins?

I think this would be an interesting match up. Floyd has not fought anyone like Whitaker let alone at welterweight were Pernell was at his best. It would probably be a good fight cause Whitaker likes to throw a lot of punches and he was also a defensive master so Think Floyd would be way out of his comfort zone. Now you could argue who is faster but I don't think it matters is more a matter of how they deal with each others speed. I think Whitaker would give Floyd a lot of angles and push the fight taking Floyd to places hes never been before. I think Floyd would not be able to get in his rhythm and Pernell would stay one step ahead getting in and getting out and maybe even frustrate Floyd. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a competitive fight and Floyd would win some rounds but I think Whitaker would walk away with a non-contraversial unanimous decision win. What do yall think?
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whitaker-Mayweather at Welterweight. Who Wins?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    I think this would be an interesting match up. Floyd has not fought anyone like Whitaker let alone at welterweight were Pernell was at his best. It would probably be a good fight cause Whitaker likes to throw a lot of punches and he was also a defensive master so Think Floyd would be way out of his comfort zone. Now you could argue who is faster but I don't think it matters is more a matter of how they deal with each others speed. I think Whitaker would give Floyd a lot of angles and push the fight taking Floyd to places hes never been before. I think Floyd would not be able to get in his rhythm and Pernell would stay one step ahead getting in and getting out and maybe even frustrate Floyd. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a competitive fight and Floyd would win some rounds but I think Whitaker would walk away with a non-contraversial unanimous decision win. What do yall think?
    Good What If Match-up.I Think Whitaker Could Fluster Floyd Big(As He Did So Very Well).Some One Would Have To Sustain An Attack For The Other To Shine So Hope For a Head Butt Cut When They Touch Gloves Kidding.whitaker Would Not Play The Bull To Mayweather .Would Be a Very Crafty,shifty,Chess Match Or a zzzzzzzz Fest With More Posing Than the runway at the oscars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why don't we just merge the 80,000,000 Mayweather vs. Whitaker threads together and sticky it at the top of this area?

Or better yet, since this hypothetical match up gets posted 3 times a day, 6 days a week, why don't we just create a Mayweather vs. Whitaker forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Why don't we just merge the 80,000,000 Mayweather vs. Whitaker threads together and sticky it at the top of this area?

Or better yet, since this hypothetical match up gets posted 3 times a day, 6 days a week, why don't we just create a Mayweather vs. Whitaker forum?
    HAHAHA, and it might happen again in the WW tournament I started.

Thread Information