Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Big George: Hater, or just a shit commentator?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Big George: Hater, or just a shit commentator?

Another topic from the hopkins v tito fight i know

I'm from the UK so ofc i don't see many fights with the HBO team, i sadly get jimm watts

I seen wuit a few HBO with george tho, alot from the younger days so thought foreman was just coming along and leanring the trade.. but seriously, this guy is either shit, a fan boy or a hater.. he give no credit to hopkins in that fight and went back on him self time and time again...

first round he keeps on about how hopkins shouldn't stay back using his Jab even tho it is working fine... constantly going on about tito's left hook...

as the fight goes on and tito is barly landing a glove, hopkins outlanding him everyround, frustrating and ocnfusing him with his movment and jab and that wicked overhand right foreman is still having a go at hopkins, saying he is fighting wrong, hes backing into the ropes to much,s aying he looks tired and his legs wont alow him to carry on then nucksucking tito some...

lil later on hopkins starts to move forward... seems he knows his punches are taking effect on trinidad, that tito isn't really hurting hopkins with his power (granded he didn't land one if his massive left hooks) then foreman starts saying hopkins doesn't want ot be going forward against a guy like trinidad lol!!! i mean if he can't fight him on the outside, or going forward to the inside, how the fuck do you fight him? do a flying headbutt

so hopkins goes back to jabbing and moving, beating himt o the punch everytime, then what happens? thats right foreman starts saying how jabbing wont work, even tho it slike round 8 and i didn't give 1 round to tito so far, letterman give him the first and 6th i believe, and i think that was being nice...

every merchent turned and asked foreman why he wont give hopkins any credit, then finaly after ti was clear not even a big left was going to stop hopkins winning this fight foreman started to come around and give hopkins props (not without talking about what a warriro tito was)

Most of you will have seen him a load time smore than me, any of you feel hes shit on the mic, or a fanboy/hater?

ICB Guest

Default Re: Big George: Hater, or just a S*** commentator?

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Another topic from the hopkins v tito fight i know

I'm from the UK so ofc i don't see many fights with the HBO team, i sadly get jimm watts

I seen wuit a few HBO with george tho, alot from the younger days so thought foreman was just coming along and leanring the trade.. but seriously, this guy is either S***, a fan boy or a hater.. he give no credit to hopkins in that fight and went back on him self time and time again...

first round he keeps on about how hopkins shouldn't stay back using his Jab even tho it is working fine... constantly going on about tito's left hook...

as the fight goes on and tito is barly landing a glove, hopkins outlanding him everyround, frustrating and ocnfusing him with his movment and jab and that wicked overhand right foreman is still having a go at hopkins, saying he is fighting wrong, hes backing into the ropes to much,s aying he looks tired and his legs wont alow him to carry on then nucksucking tito some...

lil later on hopkins starts to move forward... seems he knows his punches are taking effect on trinidad, that tito isn't really hurting hopkins with his power (granded he didn't land one if his massive left hooks) then foreman starts saying hopkins doesn't want ot be going forward against a guy like trinidad lol!!! i mean if he can't fight him on the outside, or going forward to the inside, how the F*** do you fight him? do a flying headbutt

so hopkins goes back to jabbing and moving, beating himt o the punch everytime, then what happens? thats right foreman starts saying how jabbing wont work, even tho it slike round 8 and i didn't give 1 round to tito so far, letterman give him the first and 6th i believe, and i think that was being nice...

every merchent turned and asked foreman why he wont give hopkins any credit, then finaly after ti was clear not even a big left was going to stop hopkins winning this fight foreman started to come around and give hopkins props (not without talking about what a warriro tito was)

Most of you will have seen him a load time smore than me, any of you feel hes S*** on the mic, or a fanboy/hater?

I think he is pretty good commentator but he was biased in this fight i remember that clearly he is bit biased in some fights though but who isn't ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I wish I could find my words,so I could eat them"-George Foreman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually miss George on there with Larry because they would argue on occasion & it was funny/interesting to me.

George also gave interesting info at times. I think he was there for at least one of the Oscar/Shane fights & when Shane told his father that his back was hurting him, George said that was due to Oscar's jab snapping back Shane's head & apparently giving his back trouble.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRazor
    I actually miss George on there with Larry because they would argue on occasion & it was funny/interesting to me.

George also gave interesting info at times. I think he was there for at least one of the Oscar/Shane fights & when Shane told his father that his back was hurting him, George said that was due to Oscar's jab snapping back Shane's head & apparently giving his back trouble.
    Good ex pros will give good info at times, explain things you may not know, i like lennox, he lacks some excitment about him on the mic but he does explain things or point them out very well, i have heard foreman to, but i just feel most of the times i heard him do fights he has picked the guy he is giving credit to before he gets in the ring...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    I didn't catch him saying this, but if i did, that would be a greater Foreman moment than him beating Moorer.

I don't think he's a bad commentator. He provides a fighter's perspective type of commentary AND whenever he's on camera not talking he displays the biggest, most cheesiest smile ever! He does play favorites though. Years ago when Pacquiao fought Ledwaba, George kept praising Ledwaba on how he was a "masterful boxer." Even though Pacquiao was blasting poor Ledwaba at will for virtually all of the 6 rounds they fought, George still found reasons to compliment Ledwaba.

I like him, bring on the CHEESE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    I didn't catch him saying this, but if i did, that would be a greater Foreman moment than him beating Moorer.

I don't think he's a bad commentator. He provides a fighter's perspective type of commentary AND whenever he's on camera not talking he displays the biggest, most cheesiest smile ever! He does play favorites though. Years ago when Pacquiao fought Ledwaba, George kept praising Ledwaba on how he was a "masterful boxer." Even though Pacquiao was blasting poor Ledwaba at will for virtually all of the 6 rounds they fought, George still found reasons to compliment Ledwaba.

I like him, bring on the CHEESE!
    Yep
    Its one of my fave George quotes
    Right there with
    "George,I had you losing every single round"
    "Yeah thats I how I saw it,right up until I knocked him out"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Big George: Hater, or just a shit commentator?

Biased or not, I find Big George entertaining and funny, specially when on camera he makes me laugh

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Big George: Hater, or just a shit commentator?

Big George is more on the ball than anyone at HBO...maybe aside from Manny.

George called Rahman getting KO'd in the rematch vs Lewis

George called Johnson having a shit strategy vs Vitali

and right after he said what he did in both those fights they ended by KO....pretty good job IMO

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman says retarded things from time to time, sometimes seemingly just for the sake of being argumentative. But I always enjoyed his input, the guy has had one of the greatest careers in boxing history and has worked with some of the greatest minds in boxing history (Dundee, Archie Moore, ect). Hes got the kind of knowledge and insight that us fans, or even long time journalists/commentators like Larry Merchant, will never have.

David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have to agree, being a Tito fan, I was actually kind of embarrassed when George was praising him for getting his ass handed to him by Hopkins. Other than that I enjoy listening to George he cracks me up most of the time, and he's definitely better than Lennox. If I'm not mistaken I think Don King said in the circus video with Tito signing to fight Roy ,that George will be doing the commentary. That should be fun.
    I know everything about nothing!

Thread Information