Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone heard of or seen this heavy bag/speed bag stand before?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone heard of or seen this heavy bag/speed bag stand before?

I might buy this tomorrow from a guy selling it on craigs list. He said it's made by a company called Upper Cut Gold . I never heard of them and can't find it anywhere online. I didn't really ask him more about the brand, but the speed bag platform is vertically adjustable and the foot print is real wide on this thing which will allow me to move around a bit more for my heavy bag workout. Something my Everlast stand doesn't really do well. Also seems like speedbag vibration would be less since the foot print is so wide. Plus the 2 braces on the vertical post are so far away from the post itself that I can actually punch my heavy bag real hard without worrying about it hitting the side braces like on my Everlast stand. He wanted $100 for the stand and the p.o.s century bag, but I asked him if he could do $70 and he said yes without a negotiation. I should of asked for $60 .This stand will go in my room and I'm probably going to sell the Everlast stand in my garage to make room for another hanging heavy bag and my homemade wall mounted speed bag platform.

So has anyone heard of this stand or seen it before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone heard of or seen this heavy bag/speed bag stand before?

i had an uppercut stand and i just ended taking the heavy bag down and hanging it from the ceiling cause there was no room to move around it. also the speedbag platform only has support on one side so you cant move around it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with that whole rig is it for some reason or another is not the most balanced thing out there.....It also only allows limited movement when working on the bag you dont get to walk a whole circle around it when working out.....IMO unless yu have no choice in the matter find a place to hang from the cealing
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    The problem with that whole rig is it for some reason or another is not the most balanced thing out there.....It also only allows limited movement when working on the bag you dont get to walk a whole circle around it when working out.....IMO unless yu have no choice in the matter find a place to hang from the cealing
    Agreed.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea, I know what you mean with the non 360 movement of the heavy bag. But this set up is for my room where I can't hang up a heavy bag or mount a speed bag platform to the wall. I already have 2 heavy bags hanging in my garage, 40lb and 100lb. The 40lb bag is small and mounted high where the bottom of the bag meets chest level so I can do upper cuts as well as jabs, hooks, and straights. Also it moves around alot which is a big plus for foot work and I have 360 degrees movement around it. The 100lb bag is more for learning inside work where the bag hardly budges. I also have the Everlast setup in my garage but want to take it out since I already have 2 hanging bags and am putting up a homemade speedbag platform this weekend. So i;'m either putting it in my room or selling it and putting the Upper Cut stand in those pictures in my room instead. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone used that specific stand before. Because it's design is much more different than my everlast set up or all those other setups I've seen. It's got a real wide base so I can move around the bag much more than my everlast stand and the wide base should limit vibrations of the speed bag as well along with my 40lb sand bag for the platform and 200lb weights for the floor posts and maybe some straps.

Thread Information