Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clottey Collazo set for Mosley-Cotto undercard?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Clottey Collazo set for Mosley-Cotto undercard?

I just came across this. Details are being finalised but the fight seems to be close.It's an IBF eliminator,the winner gets a shot at Cintron! This is already shaping up to be the card of the year!!Dam! I'm taking Collazo,SD. The only possible reason this fight would not come off is if Paul Williams accepts Clottey's challenge for a title match.

So..the WW division looks like this:

Clottey v Collazo/Williams?

Cintron v Margarito/Williams? Margarito v Cintron/Judah?

Floyd-Hatton

Shane-Cotto

Berto-Estrada

and Quintana wants to fight this year too.

This is the best division in boxing PERIOD!!!!Dam!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clottey Collazo set for Mosley-Cotto undercard?

Then you have guys like Shamone Alvarez and El Gato Figueroa(both good boxers with good records),the return of Oscar and toughguys like Jesus Soto Karass,Richard Gutirrez,Cosme Rivera plsu other up and comers!! DAM!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who ever clottey fights is in for a rough night...IMO this guy is going to be a world champion it is just a matter of time...

He is technically sound...

Has a great chin....

Has pelnty of heart....

He would have beaten Margarito if he did not break his hand in the 6th round...

I favor him against Collazo...I think he can beat Cintron assuming the Hand holds up....Funny thing is I think he would have problems with williams reach but I also thing Cintron would beat williams.....

Styles make fights
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I just came across this. Details are being finalised but the fight seems to be close.It's an IBF eliminator,the winner gets a shot at Cintron! This is already shaping up to be the card of the year!!Dam! I'm taking Collazo,SD. The only possible reason this fight would not come off is if Paul Williams accepts Clottey's challenge for a title match.

Floyd-Hatton

Shane-Cotto

Berto-Estrada

Agreed right now thw WW division is the best in the sport hands down,,,,The WW's seem to always be the division to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its real shocking how many good fighters are in the welterweight division. its amazing

can't wait for the big fights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree Daxx,I think Clottey is a step below the top fighters. He has a good chin,awesome hand speed,good power,great combinations and wors the body.

On the other hand he leaves himself open to the body with that high guard and bodyshots can hurt just as much(thats how Margarito wore him down), he has and seems always will have stamina issues,he has difficulty making weight,and with his style,against a guy with more power,he could get beaten up.

Also,he has at best, a decent work rate. Felix Flores was outworking and outhustling him at times and Margarito did the same too. Don't get me wrong,he's a great fighter,very solid and tough but I'd favour PW,Kermit,Cotto etc over him. Clottey does not have enough power to bang with someone like Kermit or Cotto but he does not have the work rate to beat a Williams.He'd give them all tough fights though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree Daxx,I think Clottey is a step below the top fighters. He has a good chin,awesome hand speed,good power,great combinations and wors the body.

On the other hand he leaves himself open to the body with that high guard and bodyshots can hurt just as much(thats how Margarito wore him down), he has and seems always will have stamina issues,he has difficulty making weight,and with his style,against a guy with more power,he could get beaten up.

Also,he has at best, a decent work rate. Felix Flores was outworking and outhustling him at times and Margarito did the same too. Don't get me wrong,he's a great fighter,very solid and tough but I'd favour PW,Kermit,Cotto etc over him. Clottey does not have enough power to bang with someone like Kermit or Cotto but he does not have the work rate to beat a Williams.He'd give them all tough fights though.
    Fair enough Gamo and to an extent I agree....I am not trying to say he is the future ruler of the division but IMO I can see him holding a strap in the future.....It is a style makes fights situation....
    Thats why I said IMO he would have a hard time with Williams due to reach mostly because we all know williams does not have KO power in that big frame of his...But I think Cintron would look past him and end up getting caught sleeping....Not guarenteed but I can see it happening....

If Clottey could fight at 154 comfortably he would have a much better shot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Fair enough Gamo and to an extent I agree....I am not trying to say he is the future ruler of the division but IMO I can see him holding a strap in the future.....It is a style makes fights situation....
    Thats why I said IMO he would have a hard time with Williams due to reach mostly because we all know williams does not have KO power in that big frame of his...But I think Cintron would look past him and end up getting caught sleeping....Not guarenteed but I can see it happening....

If Clottey could fight at 154 comfortably he would have a much better shot
    Yeah,he should fight at 154 but the $$$ is at 147. I mean for the Corrales fight,didn't Clottey weight like 165plus pounds? Also,I disagree with the Kermit thing. Cintron is very determined under Steward and if he was going to look past anyone,it would guys like Suarez,Mathysse and Feliciano,IF that fight is still happening. If he were to fight Clottey,it would be his second biggest fight of his career,he would be 100% focused to ensure there is not a repeat of the Margarito fight.

You make valid points about the styles making fights,I think Collazo has a bad style for Clottey. Joshua likes to counter,waits on his opponent whereas v Luis,he will have to come froward for most of the fight. It'll be a good fight though.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Who ever clottey fights is in for a rough night...IMO this guy is going to be a world champion it is just a matter of time...

He is technically sound...

Has a great chin....

Has pelnty of heart....

He would have beaten Margarito if he did not break his hand in the 6th round...

I favor him against Collazo...I think he can beat Cintron assuming the Hand holds up....Funny thing is I think he would have problems with williams reach but I also thing Cintron would beat williams.....

Styles make fights
    Guys who tend to make there names of a fight they lost don't usually become champions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like this, clottey would FUCK collazzo up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shoot thats cool if it is on the undercard of Mosley-Cotto. Shoot I would expect that to become a Pay-Per-View itself. You know how these boxing people are.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey/ Collazo would be a great match-up if it comes together. A 50/50 fight for me. Both guys have got advantages over the other but it's hard to see who will be able to execute their fight plan better. I think Collazo is better technically & with his southpaw style will cause Clottey problems. In saying that I think Clottey toughs it out & wins a vary close, very tough fight!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd-Hatton

Shane-Cotto

Berto-Estrada

agree. Best indeed. Out of all these great fighters.....Mayweather has fought 1 (judah). To be the best you must beat the best, right? Let's see how many of these he is honestly going to fight.

Clottey. Underated. He's alot better than what many think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Gamo

But Gato is light welterweight

Last i heard he wanted dmitry salita but its not really come off

PEACE
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo was due to fight Baldomir for the WBC eliminator but instead it was Vernon Forrest, is that an inication that the Clottey fight would be at 147? Against Mosley Collazo looked too big for 147lbs.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information