Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holt v Torres Highlights!!

never thought I'd get to see this, and it looks like it was a justified stoppage.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for posting this Skel,

I'd of liked to see it go a bit more. I think it was a little early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Holt needs to see the fight clip, the stoppage seemed like the right call. this fight makes cotto's win over torres even more impressive
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    I think Holt needs to see the fight clip, the stoppage seemed like the right call. this fight makes cotto's win over torres even more impressive
    How does it do that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for the clip. I have to see the whole fight before I make a comment on the stoppage, to put it in better context.

I would like to see referees make better use of the standing 8 count instead of just waiving a fight off. Being hurt and being TKO'd is two seperate things and unsure referees should give the fighter the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swice
    CC for the clip. I have to see the whole fight before I make a comment on the stoppage, to put it in better context.

I would like to see referees make better use of the standing 8 count instead of just waiving a fight off. Being hurt and being TKO'd is two seperate things and unsure referees should give the fighter the benefit of the doubt.

I have been wondering what ever happened to a standing 8 count. Many fights are stopped in place of giving a standing 8. It just gives the ref a better look at the fighter and more of a chance to look into his eyes.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Swice

I have been wondering what ever happened to a standing 8 count. Many fights are stopped in place of giving a standing 8. It just gives the ref a better look at the fighter and more of a chance to look into his eyes.
    CC #126

I wish it was used more often. A fighter can come back from a knockdown, but once you call a halt to the fight its over. We all want to err on the side of caution but their is a lot of ebb and flow in boxing matches, in sports in general, and its a shame to see all that hard work and preparation go down the drain because they got wobbled by a good punch and the referee decides a hurt fighter is a finished fighter and calls off the bout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a quick stoppage. I think Torres still would have stopped him though. Looks like Holt got overconfident but ill have to see the whole fight.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    How does it do that?
    shows that torress was no pushover as anyone who can comeback & pull out a win after losing most of the fight shows that the fighter has characteristics of a true prizefighter.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup,the more wins Torres racks up,the more impressive Miguels win looks. Same with Paulie. As for the fight,if anyone wants it,there is a 500MB version on Demonoid,the torrent site,that's if anyone there is a member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Yup,the more wins Torres racks up,the more impressive Miguels win looks. Same with Paulie. As for the fight,if anyone wants it,there is a 500MB version on Demonoid,the torrent site,that's if anyone there is a member.
    Agree. I really do think both Magg and Torres are good fighters. Some people say Cotto hasn't fought anybody good yet other than Judah but I think these 2 opponents you mentioned are legit wins. Both were unbeaten before facing Cotto and remain with that loss. Paulie will rack up wins with his HECTOR CAMACHO style fighting and TORRES will get wins with his power. I think Magg fought Cotto alot better than what many say. What do you think Gamo?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Torres is underrated by the rest of the champions in the division. I'd fancy him to beat Witter and Rees. Fighting Paulie would be interetsing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that fight looked awesome. i think i will download it when i get the chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Torres is underrated by the rest of the champions in the division. I'd fancy him to beat Witter and Rees. Fighting Paulie would be interetsing.
    I think Witter is far to tricky for Torres.

Thread Information