Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Now these are some things that i can see happening next year. Probably all wrong.
    But here goes.
    Joe Calzaghe defeats Kessler in a close, (some say hometown) decision, he then makes a much anticipated and overdue match against Roy Jones, who destroys Tito Trinidad in 5 rounds. Kessler fights a returning from eye injury Anthony Mundine, and Tito retires again.
    After a tough battle against Ricky Hatton that he wins, Floyd Mayweather fights Mguel Cotto who has just won a war against Shane Mosely, and proved himself a top dog at 147. Mosely puts his frienship with Oscar DLH on hold and they match up in a third fight then both retire. Hatton moves back down to 140 and fights Junior Witter in the UK in front of a huge crowd.
    Kelly Pavlik defeats Jermain Taylor in a close fight where both are knocked down once. Straight away a rematch is announced.
    Manny Pac wins a great fight against Marco Antonio Barrera where he has to come off the canvas twice early to dominate the latter rounds and win via tko in the 12th. Barrera retires for a short time, Pac makes a match up with lightweight champ Juan Diaz.

Those are the scenarios i have dreamt up. Anyone disagree or wanna add something?
    Good dreaming there Eagle, I think Kessler will beat Calzaghe and a rematch will be made immediately for March/April next year. Mayweather will fight Cotto in April/May, Pavlik will beat Taylor and a rematch is made. Jones jr will KO Tito and go to Australia to fight a recovering Mundine.
    Hatton will stay at 147lb and fight Judah at some point. Tszyu will come out of retirement and fight Witter at 140lb and win by KO in the first!!! S**t, it was me who was dreaming!
    Can u imagine prime KT against the current crop of 140 pounders? it'd be brutal! Malignaggi, and Witter would be Taylor made for Kostya to KTFO.
    Malignaggi and Witter are actually taylor made to frustrate the hell out of Tyszu. Look how slow and ponderous he looked against Zab before Zab got careless.

Not sure if Witter or Malignaggi beat a prime Tyszu (malignaggi not enough power, Witter might be too negative) but they'd sure give him fits. He'd be chasing shadows especially against Witter.
    Clueless aren't you mate, watch some Kostya Tszyu fights and you'll realise they'd all be dead meat. Witter and Malignaggi pull away after they throw a shot, thats how Tszyu handled so many technically correct "boxers" with that point scoring style, both pro and amateur. Watch him serve up Vernon Forrest in the am's, he has the perfect style to derail boxers, that is why he was so highly regarded in The Ring and p4p's everywhere for years.

Why do you think everyone ducked him for years, Oscar, Mosley, Whitaker....
    I must admit I don't care for Tszyu much. It's ironic to me that a guy like De La Hoya has his record picked to shreads with some people saying he's not even a great yet Kosta fought practically nobody of note apart from Zab Judah.

He's praised for beating guys like Sharmba Mitchell, Ben Tackie and Oktay Urkal.

Apart from Zab who did he actually beat?
    He beat an old Chavez he also had good victory over Diosbelys Hurtado who had floored Pernell Whitaker twice and was ahead in the fight until Whitaker stopped him in the 11th.

And few other names like.

Juan La Porte
    Roger Mayweather
    Rafael Ruelas

Few decent names but i agree he never did beat a great.
    Got to give you credit my young man your fight knowledge is starting to rival Britkid now
    back mate im nowhere near Britkids level yet but i can tell you something since coming here my boxing knowledge and believe it or not reading skills have got about 10 times better.
    Would be nice if you could develop some patriotism.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Predictions for 2008.

I actually completely agree with Bilbo. I've said the same things about Tsyzu before.

Doesn't mean I dislike him or don't rate him, I do think KT was a great fighter and I don't think that just because he didn't get to fight some of the better guys doesn't mean he might not have beat them. But its hilarious to me how much some people's records are picked apart, while some guys tend to get a pass, there's just no consistency. Look at how many people pick apart Floyd's resume-compare Floyd and KT's records and the level of opposition is not even relatively close.

I said I totally agree with Bilbo but actually guys like Witter and Malignaggi are kinda made for Tsyzu. He always looked his best against boxers, it was when he couldn't control the pace of a fight that he got into trouble.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Now these are some things that i can see happening next year. Probably all wrong.
    But here goes.
    Joe Calzaghe defeats Kessler in a close, (some say hometown) decision, he then makes a much anticipated and overdue match against Roy Jones, who destroys Tito Trinidad in 5 rounds. Kessler fights a returning from eye injury Anthony Mundine, and Tito retires again.
    After a tough battle against Ricky Hatton that he wins, Floyd Mayweather fights Mguel Cotto who has just won a war against Shane Mosely, and proved himself a top dog at 147. Mosely puts his frienship with Oscar DLH on hold and they match up in a third fight then both retire. Hatton moves back down to 140 and fights Junior Witter in the UK in front of a huge crowd.
    Kelly Pavlik defeats Jermain Taylor in a close fight where both are knocked down once. Straight away a rematch is announced.
    Manny Pac wins a great fight against Marco Antonio Barrera where he has to come off the canvas twice early to dominate the latter rounds and win via tko in the 12th. Barrera retires for a short time, Pac makes a match up with lightweight champ Juan Diaz.

Those are the scenarios i have dreamt up. Anyone disagree or wanna add something?
    Good dreaming there Eagle, I think Kessler will beat Calzaghe and a rematch will be made immediately for March/April next year. Mayweather will fight Cotto in April/May, Pavlik will beat Taylor and a rematch is made. Jones jr will KO Tito and go to Australia to fight a recovering Mundine.
    Hatton will stay at 147lb and fight Judah at some point. Tszyu will come out of retirement and fight Witter at 140lb and win by KO in the first!!! S**t, it was me who was dreaming!
    Can u imagine prime KT against the current crop of 140 pounders? it'd be brutal! Malignaggi, and Witter would be Taylor made for Kostya to KTFO.
    Malignaggi and Witter are actually taylor made to frustrate the hell out of Tyszu. Look how slow and ponderous he looked against Zab before Zab got careless.

Not sure if Witter or Malignaggi beat a prime Tyszu (malignaggi not enough power, Witter might be too negative) but they'd sure give him fits. He'd be chasing shadows especially against Witter.
    Clueless aren't you mate, watch some Kostya Tszyu fights and you'll realise they'd all be dead meat. Witter and Malignaggi pull away after they throw a shot, thats how Tszyu handled so many technically correct "boxers" with that point scoring style, both pro and amateur. Watch him serve up Vernon Forrest in the am's, he has the perfect style to derail boxers, that is why he was so highly regarded in The Ring and p4p's everywhere for years.

Why do you think everyone ducked him for years, Oscar, Mosley, Whitaker....
    I must admit I don't care for Tszyu much. It's ironic to me that a guy like De La Hoya has his record picked to shreads with some people saying he's not even a great yet Kosta fought practically nobody of note apart from Zab Judah.

He's praised for beating guys like Sharmba Mitchell, Ben Tackie and Oktay Urkal.

Apart from Zab who did he actually beat?
    He beat an old Chavez he also had good victory over Diosbelys Hurtado who had floored Pernell Whitaker twice and was ahead in the fight until Whitaker stopped him in the 11th.

And few other names like.

Juan La Porte
    Roger Mayweather
    Rafael Ruelas

Few decent names but i agree he never did beat a great.
    Got to give you credit my young man your fight knowledge is starting to rival Britkid now
    back mate im nowhere near Britkids level yet but i can tell you something since coming here my boxing knowledge and believe it or not reading skills have got about 10 times better.
    Would be nice if you could develop some patriotism.
    I have already answered this about 4 times.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I actually completely agree with Bilbo. I've said the same things about Tsyzu before.

Doesn't mean I dislike him or don't rate him, I do think KT was a great fighter and I don't think that just because he didn't get to fight some of the better guys doesn't mean he might not have beat them. But its hilarious to me how much some people's records are picked apart, while some guys tend to get a pass, there's just no consistency. Look at how many people pick apart Floyd's resume-compare Floyd and KT's records and the level of opposition is not even relatively close.

I said I totally agree with Bilbo but actually guys like Witter and Malignaggi are kinda made for Tsyzu. He always looked his best against boxers, it was when he couldn't control the pace of a fight that he got into trouble.
    Thanks man, that's you El Gamo and Big H who all agreed with on the same day

I'm not saying Tsyzu couldn't beat Malignaggi or Witter, as I said in my original post I don't think Malignaggi would have the power to keep Tzsyu off him and Witter would probably be too negative.

What I said though was no way these two get blasted out by Tyszu in a couple rounds like the poster I was debating with claimed.

Paulie and Witter ain't walkovers for anybody. Malignaggi gave Cotto one of his hardest fights and Witter is just a stylistic nightmare for anyone.

Thread Information