Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing: De La Hoya throws hat into Hatton's corner

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    If Oscar didn't feel Mayweather's punches then he would have kept on jabbing, and he wouldn't have backed off when Mayweather started throwing back off the ropes. Oscar has way better defensive skills than Hatton, and he is far faster reflexes and handspeed. The only thing I think that Hatton has that Oscar didn't was really good foot speed and better technique at least when it comes to pressuring. Hatton also really lacks power which will make it a lot easier for Mayweather than his fight with Oscar.
    Thats what bothered me about the Oscar-Floyd fight. Everone kept saying that Oscar was missing Floyd a lot, but I saw Oscar make Floyd miss just as much, maybe more. Oscars defence just doesnt look as slick as Floyd because he doesnt move his head and takes punches on his forearms but his defence was just as effective.
    CC - couldn't agree more. Oscar was picking off shots with his gloves and forearms consistently throughout the fight.
    CC,he picked off ALOT of Mayweather's shots earlier on. And I guarantee that Oscar will fight Hatton,whether Hatton win's loses or draws. There is are limited oppertunities for Oscar at WW.
    Limited opportunites? Oscar is the biggest marquee name in boxing, if he chooses to fight on he can take his pick of opponents, Cotto, Mosely, Mayweather, Williams, Cintron, Forrest, Winky, Ouma, Spinks, Hatton, Judah, Margarito etc would all fall over themselves to make that fight.
    Well he's at 147 so that takes away Forrest/Winky/Ouma/Spinks.

His fight does not want him to fight a PR fighter- Kermit and Cotto(the 2 biggest punchers)

He is not going near Margarito or WIlliams with a barge pole. If you have a suspect stamina,you want to stay away from guys who can throw 1,000 plus punches and are huge WW.

He's already fought Mayweather and Shane and said he did not want to fight either,he wants to fight someone he can stand and bang with..

That leaves Hatton and Judah ergo limited oppertunities. And unless it's a tune up,he won''t fight Judah and therefore,win lose or draw,he'll face Hatton.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know this is somewhat crude and therefore a little out of place for the general tone of this place....

......but I just wish DLH would just fuck off and retire. The guy is a semi retired businessman and it really sucks that people would keep buying into a fighter on such a streak of losing and serious inactivity.

Oscar should get himself in there with a real welterweight. And get beaten once and for all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    The 34-year-old De La Hoya, whose "Golden Boy" features remain unblemished after 43 fights, the last a split-decision loss to Mayweather, is even suggesting that he and a victorious Hatton will get together in the ring at Wembley Stadium next spring. He says: "Put me against a wall and ask me who I think will win, I'll pick Ricky Hatton.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/gener...cle2990114.ece

Can you just imagine the atmosphere ??
    who cares about De la Hoya, give Hatton someone hungry
    Is PBF not hungry enough for you??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Thats what bothered me about the Oscar-Floyd fight. Everone kept saying that Oscar was missing Floyd a lot, but I saw Oscar make Floyd miss just as much, maybe more. Oscars defence just doesnt look as slick as Floyd because he doesnt move his head and takes punches on his forearms but his defence was just as effective.
    Oscar's defense was effective, but it wasn't as effective as Floyd's.
    Its such a shame that i cant disagree. As much as i want too

IMO, Oscar laid a brilliant blue print down that night.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had Oscar been that defensively concious in other big fights when he was younger he may have less L's on that record.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    The 34-year-old De La Hoya, whose "Golden Boy" features remain unblemished after 43 fights, the last a split-decision loss to Mayweather, is even suggesting that he and a victorious Hatton will get together in the ring at Wembley Stadium next spring. He says: "Put me against a wall and ask me who I think will win, I'll pick Ricky Hatton.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/gener...cle2990114.ece

Can you just imagine the atmosphere ??
    has Hatton signed to GoldenBoy?

now wouldn't that be smart move, give tips & back the guy who unseats the top p4p fighter. If he wins of course.

I think JimB is right, we saw a blueprint being laid down, pitty it couldn't have been seen through.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Oscar didn't feel Mayweather's punches then he would have kept on jabbing, and he wouldn't have backed off when Mayweather started throwing back off the ropes. Oscar has way better defensive skills than Hatton, and he is far faster reflexes and handspeed. The only thing I think that Hatton has that Oscar didn't was really good foot speed and better technique at least when it comes to pressuring. Hatton also really lacks power which will make it a lot easier for Mayweather than his fight with Oscar.
    How can he have way better defensive skills when he didn't move his head....at all. It's not like he took many on the gloves. Floyd just didn't throw that much. Don't see how you can say Hatton lacks power when he has just ko'd a guy who has never been down in almost 70 fights either. If Oscar had shown half the determination and aggression Hatton shows Oscar would have won that fight.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even If Floyd beats Ricky Oscar is probably banking on Ricky making it a gruelling, tough night...Floyd having a rough time certainly wont do Oscar's chances any harm should they rematch.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    CC - couldn't agree more. Oscar was picking off shots with his gloves and forearms consistently throughout the fight.
    Oscar lost. Grow up and deal with it.
    I agree that he lost. Just not by the shutout that the PBF fanboys make it out to be. My opinion is that Oscar lost that fight, rather than PBF winning it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly, did anyone expect for Oscar to root for Floyd after Floyd WON the fight?

Trust me when I say this, Floyd beat Oscar. People gravitate towards the fact that Oscar had Floyd...but in truth...he didn't. Oscar's flurries on the ropes are what cost him that fight because Floyd just shelled up & took them & then popped Oscar.

I'm an Oscar fan...always have been...but the truth is that I'm also a fan of Floyd & although Floyd didn't do what he promised...he did win.

On that note...when has Floyd ever hammered an opponent out like he professes? The last time was against Corralles or Gatti & even though Gatti wasn't ancient history...he was there for the taking.

Floyd is a boxer first & an accumulative knockout fighter second.

Anyone knows that that follows Floyd even half assed.

If Floyd promises to stop Hatton...you can bet against that or just throw your dollars away with the bookies.

It aint happening.

Floyd will have trouble with Hatton...but I think he will come through it. If Hatton comes forward all night (& I think that he will) he'll be able to make an impression...but not a lasting one.

I honestly think we might see our first Floyd draw...depending on how much dollars HBO wants to milk outta this one.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information