Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rey Boom Boom is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    Well i told everyone that he was rushing into the fight far too soon and De Leon was at his best he has ever been and i knew he would open up Rey early. I just think he should have had another 2-3 years on the world level stage before heading for a title and i think it was a great shame that he was put in so early with such a big reliabilty. So lets hope he can get over the loss and build from what he was building from before the defeat. I hope he gets some big names and builds that chin because i do believe he could easily be a world champion with the talent he has. Dont forget he is only 21, he has years on most people, hes still a lad and i think he develop into a very comanding fighter.
    Cool Click,nice posting. You called it brother. I'm not sure if he can be a commanding fighter though,that kind of loss,at that age,can be devestating.
    bro going in with the number one at the devison at that age is a very risking task! he took that fight far too early and was bound to get beat. its just a shame because his potenial wont be able to leak through because of this loss. i know rey boom boom has a lot more to offer than this dispiriting loss at this early stage.

im i the only one who think in the next few years who will think Molitor-Baustista will be a good fight?
    Unfortunately for Rey Ponce isnt even number 1 in the division. Marquez, Vazquez and Caballero are all arguably better than him. Rey just needs to develop a defense before he fights anyone else in the top 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why is it that when you're a hyped fighter and you lose, you get written off quickly by the same people who hyped you in the first place? RB should be able to get back on his feet and become a world champion someday. fighters who fight will have a greater chance of getting KO'ed than those who simply choose to hit and run. if pacman became a champion after getting ko'ed, mind you, it was a lowblow that was called a KO, then there is no reason for RB not to become one as well.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334
    why is it that when you're a hyped fighter and you lose, you get written off quickly by the same people who hyped you in the first place? RB should be able to get back on his feet and become a world champion someday. fighters who fight will have a greater chance of getting KO'ed than those who simply choose to hit and run. if pacman became a champion after getting ko'ed, mind you, it was a lowblow that was called a KO, then there is no reason for RB not to become one as well.
    It's not that Rey lost. It's the way he lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    lots of fighters lost in a similar fashion. mosley lost to forest almost the same way. cintron if im not wrong got ko'ed as well. barerra lost to jr jones twice. im pretty sure a lot of the other guys here can add to my list. he will be back. maybe not overnight but he will be world champion someday
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lots of fighters lost in a similar fashion. mosley lost to forest almost the same way. cintron if im not wrong got ko'ed as well. barerra lost to jr jones twice. im pretty sure a lot of the other guys here can add to my list. he will be back. maybe not overnight but he will be world champion someday
    None of the guys you mentioned were knocked out in the first round. Bautista had questions about his chin coming in. And those questions were answered. He has no chin. He's a skilled fighter no doubt. But his chin will always hold him back. Not to mention his confidence. He considered retiring after the loss. So it's obvious he's not 100% sure about himself

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of the guys you mentioned were knocked out in the first round. Bautista had questions about his chin coming in. And those questions were answered. He has no chin. He's a skilled fighter no doubt. But his chin will always hold him back. Not to mention his confidence. He considered retiring after the loss. So it's obvious he's not 100% sure about himself
    yea i think him considering retirement was just a rumor, either that or he was just being immature. Rey is young, noun of those fighter fought 2 straight dangerous undefeated fighter when they were 21, in an event were all of his country teammates won there fights. It was huge pressure on rey, I think he will be back. you never know he may mature into something special. But we will see how he comes back, that will tell if his a true champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you have to ko'ed in the first round to lose confidence? anybody could lose confidence after the 1st loss of career. heck tito trinidad retired after he lost to hopkins yet he came back and whopped mayorgas arse. now hes in a quest in fighting rjj. RB's chin was a given. we all know he has glass there somewhere. he's not the only one who has a fragile chin that got knocked down in the first round.
    sun tzu-art of war

Thread Information