Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you really believe it'll be THAT kind of fight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather's word

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather's word

When you think about december 8th 2007 , you can't help but thing about the Mayweather Vs Hatton bout and no matter how long you've been a boxing fan , if you've ever seen Hatton and Mayweather's previous fights , i think it's pretty fair to say and pretty safe to think that this probably won't win an award for "Fight Of The Year"..

Sure , the hype is off the chart , for hardcore Ricky fans , this is as big as it gets , and for Floyd fans , well this won't bring anything really new to the ring , the odds of this fight looking like may 5th are pretty good , with maybe a bit more speed and a lot more holding.

Having said all that , what will happen exactly ?

Senario 1 : Mayweather backing up and countering , hitting with "one punch combos" most of the fight and winning a 2-3 point decision

Senario 2 : Hatton comes straight foreward , "hooks and Holds" the whole fight and pulls another june 23rd

At one of the recent Mayweather vs Hatton Press Conferences however , Floyd said "So december 8th , you MUST buy this fight , cause we gonna give you a TOE to TOE battle"

Can you even contemplate that in your mind? do you really think this will turn out to be a toe to toe fight?

ICB Guest

Default Re: Mayweather's word

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefields
    When you think about december 8th 2007 , you can't help but thing about the Mayweather Vs Hatton bout and no matter how long you've been a boxing fan , if you've ever seen Hatton and Mayweather's previous fights , i think it's pretty fair to say and pretty safe to think that this probably won't win an award for "Fight Of The Year"..

Sure , the hype is off the chart , for hardcore Ricky fans , this is as big as it gets , and for Floyd fans , well this won't bring anything really new to the ring , the odds of this fight looking like may 5th are pretty good , with maybe a bit more speed and a lot more holding.

Senario 1 : Mayweather backing up and countering , hitting with "one punch combos" most of the fight and winning a 2-3 point decision

Senario 2 : Hatton comes straight foreward , "hooks and Holds" the whole fight and pulls another june 23rd

At one of the recent Mayweather vs Hatton Press Conferences however , Floyd said "So december 8th , you MUST buy this fight , cause we gonna give you a TOE to TOE battle"

Can you even contemplate that in your mind? do you really think this will turn out to be a toe to toe fight?
    I think this will be a good fight and yes im mentioning it again but i have to because of the styles it will be similar to Chavez vs Mayweather and that was action packed fight and i expect more of the same here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I think this will be a good fight and yes im mentioning it again but i have to because of the styles it will be similar to Chavez vs Mayweather and that was action packed fight and i expect more of the same here.
    agreed ,

& Hatton is too relentless to be pot shotted the whole time, he will be in Mayweathers face like ndou on super roidz
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This should be music to Rickys ears. Its the best chance he has of a win. If Pbf goes toe to toe Ricky can win, if PBF pot shots he will win easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather said the fight with Oscar was going to be toe to toe. He doesn't fight toe to toe and we have no reason to believe the tiger is going to change its stripes now.
    Oops

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Mayweather said the fight with Oscar was going to be toe to toe. He doesn't fight toe to toe and we have no reason to believe the tiger is going to change its stripes now.
    But Oscar is a STRONG 154lb'er. It would have been suicide for him to trade with him. Now he is facing a natural 140lb'er. Now we know he is not as shy to trade at 140. His fights there with Gatti and Corley were amazing offensive displays by Floyd. Floyd said he'd go Toe to Toe with Ndou and did. So it just depends which Floyd turns up. If it's the Floyd that feels he has something to prove, he will turn Hatton's face into pulp. If it's the Floyd that feels this is going to be an easy fight anyway then he will coast to victory by pot-shotting. I actually hope Hatton MAKES him show his full offensive arsenal because PBF is one of the most exciting fighters when he starts getting offensive. We'll see

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't fight toe to toe and we have no reason to believe the tiger is going to change its stripes now.
    How many Floyd fights have you watched? Floyd has gone toe to toe tons of times in his career.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, floyd has gone toe to toe several times and looked ver good doing it. But in this fight he cannot, Hatton is beatable for Mayweather sure, but not in a brawl. Should Mayweather choose to engage Hatton in a brawl he loses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK fine. Mayweather has fought toe to toe before. But what is typical for him--fighting head up or being defensive minded and taking an opponent apart? All I was saying was he said he'd fight Oscar toe to toe and it didn't happen.
    Oops

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK fine. Mayweather has fought toe to toe before. But what is typical for him--fighting head up or being defensive minded and taking an opponent apart? All I was saying was he said he'd fight Oscar toe to toe and it didn't happen.
    He said he'd retire it didn happen.
    B-Hop said he'd retire didn happen.
    Mayorga said he'd Ko osacr, didn happen

Never believe what a boxer says to the media!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    OK fine.  Mayweather has fought toe to toe before.  But what is typical for him--fighting head up or being defensive minded and taking an opponent apart?  All I was saying was he said he'd fight Oscar toe to toe and it didn't happen.
    He said he'd retire it didn happen.
    B-Hop said he'd retire didn happen.
    Mayorga said he'd Ko osacr, didn happen

Never believe what a boxer says to the media!!!!

for being able to disern what is media fodder and what is reality... Floyd makes the same claims boxers have been making since the inception of the sport, but because of ignorant hate and agendas people seem to jump on his case 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt it will be toe to toe because MAYWETHER WOULD GIVE RICKY A BOXING LESSON any other way. I still want Rickt to win though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it will be exciting but mayweather will NOT go toe to toe with the hitman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing about mayweather is you really don't know till the fight starts.....he adapts very well to each opponet, he's not affected by the media or fans and comes in and fights his fight the gives him the best chance to win period. Some call it boring some call it running at times but the end result has so far always been the same. All the talk before the fight from him is just a bunch of garbage.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The difference is Mayweather didn't have much chance of scoring a KO in his last couple.

I reckon he'll be pretty confident he can hurt Hatton, which will make him more "exciting."
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information