Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So Long Joe Calzaghe, So Long

So Long Joe Calzaghe, So Long... - by Lee Hayes

27.09.07 - This November 3rd in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales is going to be booming. One of the best fights that can currently be made in the sport of boxing is going down and the intangibles make this a difficult fight to pick. Let me start by saying I've been a Joe Calzaghe supporter for years now. I think he's been a super talented fighter and his ring and title longevity deserve credit. I believe for that and for what he has meant to the UK boxing scene alone, he'll be a lock in for a seat in Canastota at the Boxing Hall of Fame.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way let me say what needs to be said; Joe Calzaghe cannot beat Mikkel Kessler.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=12598&more=1
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So Long Joe Calzaghe, So Long

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg

27.09.07 - This November 3rd in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales is going to be booming. One of the best fights that can currently be made in the sport of boxing is going down and the intangibles make this a difficult fight to pick. Let me start by saying I've been a Joe Calzaghe supporter for years now. I think he's been a super talented fighter and his ring and title longevity deserve credit. I believe for that and for what he has meant to the UK boxing scene alone, he'll be a lock in for a seat in Canastota at the Boxing Hall of Fame.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way let me say what needs to be said; Joe Calzaghe cannot beat Mikkel Kessler.

I dont like Calzaghe, but anyone who says he cannot beat Kessler is plain wrong. Of course he has a chance. I mean he may not win, but if he loses i bet its not by much.

ICB Guest

Calzaghe can beat Kessler don't underestimate Calzaghe but im going with Kessler by decision he impresses me more and more i watch him his fight with Mundine was a great fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's totally a 50-50 fight. No matter who wins it will be far from easy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely a fight that could go either way. I can confess to being a JC hater but i'm actually leaning towards him right now. Just a gut feeling more than anything else. I just have a feeling Joe is gonna scrape it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's Joe's fight to win or lose. The guys at Eastside are so biased. They make it seem like because he's older he has no chance. He seemed in pretty good form when he was pummeling Peter Manfredo. The only real concern I have about him is his brittle hands. Kessler is good, but I would rate him as a rich man's Jeff Lacy.
    Oops

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    It's Joe's fight to win or lose. The guys at Eastside are so biased. They make it seem like because he's older he has no chance. He seemed in pretty good form when he was pummeling Peter Manfredo. The only real concern I have about him is his brittle hands. Kessler is good, but I would rate him as a rich man's Jeff Lacy.
    That's unfair to Kessler, he's a little more tested than Lacy. More experienced and more technically sound from what i've seen. He's the real deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe will absolutely destroy kessler. Kessler is way overhyped.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe wore Everlast Gloves against Manfredo, Ashira and i think Reid too. If they cant protect his hands sufficiently id b very worried.

Thats why i believe the Kessler fight if victorious should be his crowning glory and he should wind down after,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i couldnt agree more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter Manfredo,even Reggie Strickland will kick his arse and don`t compare Kessler to a turtle like Lacy
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compairing Kessler to a TV star,and a kid who didnt have enough seasoning to be in that fight is absolutely ridiculous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh Calzaghe is an overrated bum just read Bernard Hopkins passage about him in this weeks BOXING NEWS MAGAZINE and he was spot on, he didn't half make me laugh .

Kessler will destroy Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    Yeh Calzaghe is an overrated bum [b]just read Bernard Hopkins passage about him in this weeks BOXING NEWS MAGAZINE and he was spot on[b], he didn't half make me laugh .

Kessler will destroy Calzaghe.
    Roughly,

what did he say?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he doesn't break his hands - JC wins - simple as!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Thread Information