Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Boxing The Sport Where Racism is Most Prominent?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Boxing The Sport Where Racism is Most Prominent?

I'm sorry but I have to rant about this. I've copped a hell of a lot of abuse from posting that press conference video up on 'youtube'. I've had 3 Brits in a row comment things like 'You're a bit of a prick for supporting Mayweather when you're from over here'. Another comment said 'England, England, England..' and the other had some more shit about me being 'turncoat'. Then I got a private message from the guy who posted the 'England, England' comment saying 'I bet you're supporting Mayweather because you're black!! Well know that our boy from england is gonna knock him the fuck out!'

This really pissed me off..Firstly I'm not black and secondly what the fuck does that have to do with it when i'm a fan of the SPORT of boxing. I really do think Boxing is probably on the levels of or even more racist than football. Just go on any video on youtube where there is an inter-racial bout and you hear the foulest words of abuse hurled at each other via the comments. 'Blacks are the best at this that and the other' or 'Mexican knocked your faggot puerto rican ass out' or equally as bullshit comments.
    This is why I usually back the underdogs when football is concerned because I hate the arrogance that some countries have towards it..they view it more of a racial superiority. I'd much rather see a country like Japan win the World Cup over England because you can see how much fun they are having when they are cheering for their players and that to me is true passion and pride in your country. Not acting like a hooligan, smashing things up..getting drunk, beating the shit out of each other and spouting racist remarks. How can ANYONE call that PRIDE in their country? They're letting the country down with their arrogance and ignorance.
    Boxing, although i've never witnessed a riot or fighting within the crowd, seems to be getting just as bad. Boxing isn't even supposed to be about Country vs Country is it?? Mayweather vs Hatton isn't England vs America..Mosely vs Cotto isn't Black vs Puerto Rican is it?? Some people just like to make it that way. Fair enough, have pride in your country..everybody should but not to the point where you get ignorant and arrogant. Unfortunately, the more I read from Boxing fans the more it becomes clear that the sport of boxing is heading that way.
    Enjoy the SPORT of Boxing..leave the bullshit out. Have pride in your country but respect for others.
    Ok rant over, feel free to post your feelings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Boxing The Sport Where Racism is Most Prominent?

CC,TOTALLY AGREE!! Too many fans blindly follow a fighter just because he's their colour or from their country,rather than just liking him as a fighter. Pardon my language,but FUCK THAT. I also agree,I like watching vids on YouTUBE and used to watch them all the time but at times,some of the posts are ridiculous. Dude,I used to check Margarito videos when he was supposedly going to fight Floyd and there was just pure racism! People were not even debating who would win the fight but rather just using racist terms??!

"Not acting like a hooligan, smashing things up..getting drunk, beating the shit out of each other and spouting racist remarks. How can ANYONE call that PRIDE in their country? They're letting the country down with their arrogance and ignorance."

Dickheads that are involved in crap like this are fools. Although,1 thing I disagree with is,I think boxing has had alot of racism in it from the start. Some fights even had race as a way of promoting the fight: Larry Holmes v Gerry Cooney comes to mind. Although,sometimes,nationality is used but to a lesser extent: Calzaghe v Lacy. I don't mind that so much.

I think MMA has alot of racism. Possibly more than boxing. I read a thread on Sherdog about Anderson Silva being called "N$5^&*" by fans at an event. You could hear it. He's probably going to get alot more in the rematch with that punk Franklin. I'd love to see him flying kick the person,if he hears them chanting racist things,Cantona style!

Anyway,I agree with you bro,but I think we are in the minority.I think it's common to use nationalities against each other in fights but it's dumb ass,pussy punk uneducated fans who make it more than that and it becomes an issue of racism.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    I'm sorry but I have to rant about this. I've copped a hell of a lot of abuse from posting that press conference video up on 'youtube'. I've had 3 Brits in a row comment things like 'You're a bit of a prick for supporting Mayweather when you're from over here'. Another comment said 'England, England, England..' and the other had some more S*** about me being 'turncoat'. Then I got a private message from the guy who posted the 'England, England' comment saying 'I bet you're supporting Mayweather because you're black!! Well know that our boy from england is gonna knock him the F*** out!'

This really pissed me off..Firstly I'm not black and secondly what the F*** does that have to do with it when i'm a fan of the SPORT of boxing. I really do think Boxing is probably on the levels of or even more racist than football. Just go on any video on youtube where there is an inter-racial bout and you hear the foulest words of abuse hurled at each other via the comments. 'Blacks are the best at this that and the other' or 'Mexican knocked your faggot puerto rican a** out' or equally as bullshit comments.
    This is why I usually back the underdogs when football is concerned because I hate the arrogance that some countries have towards it..they view it more of a racial superiority. I'd much rather see a country like Japan win the World Cup over England because you can see how much fun they are having when they are cheering for their players and that to me is true passion and pride in your country. Not acting like a hooligan, smashing things up..getting drunk, beating the S*** out of each other and spouting racist remarks. How can ANYONE call that PRIDE in their country? They're letting the country down with their arrogance and ignorance.
    Boxing, although i've never witnessed a riot or fighting within the crowd, seems to be getting just as bad. Boxing isn't even supposed to be about Country vs Country is it?? Mayweather vs Hatton isn't England vs America..Mosely vs Cotto isn't Black vs Puerto Rican is it?? Some people just like to make it that way. Fair enough, have pride in your country..everybody should but not to the point where you get ignorant and arrogant. Unfortunately, the more I read from Boxing fans the more it becomes clear that the sport of boxing is heading that way.
    Enjoy the SPORT of Boxing..leave the bullshit out. Have pride in your country but respect for others.

Well mate i hate RASISM OR RELIGION being involded in any sport, im a boxing fan and couldnt give a f.u.c.k if someone i wanna win is white black asian or other wise
    As for people giving you sh1t for supporting Mayweather then they are just twats and you should ignore them.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

SigmaMu Guest

Tell them fools to suck your stick.
    Tell them I said they can suck my stick too. lol
    Don't trip.
    As long as you don't turn into Frozen Solid II who runs around with Floyds jock strap in his mouth,

you are ok in my books.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dark Lord, man don't talk to me about Religion I can war for days about that! I especially hate preachers in the street..it's like 'fuck you!! Why are you trying to shove your religion down people's throats?? Respect what everybody believes in and let people live their lives'

Yeah I was quite tolerant of the comments and having a laugh with their ignorance but eventually it fucking pisses you off lol. I'm done with them now though. Fuck em!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All sports have racist tits that follow it
    Just go on to any football forum,and say Black QB and hit the deck.
    I dont care what race a fighter is,as long as he's good. My fave fighter is B-hop
    My fave all time is Ali
    Im white/cherokee
    And before I get accused of reverse racism,I also adored watching Mancini fight

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry - double post

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on guys it's just trash talking and rival fan abuse it happens in EVERY sport.

Where's the threads that soccer fans are prejudiced against goalkeepers because every time they kick a ball they all go 'wooaaaaaaaahh YOURE S*** AHH!!'

If I can't take the piss out of your fighter and you can't take the piss out of mine then whats the point of being a fan at all?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Come on guys it's just trash talking and rival fan abuse it happens in EVERY sport.

Where's the threads that soccer fans are prejudiced against goalkeepers because every time they kick a ball they all go 'wooaaaaaaaahh YOURE S*** AHH!!'

If I can't take the piss out of your fighter and you can't take the piss out of mine then whats the point of being a fan at all?
    Bilbo mate, that had nothing at all to do with my post. Rival fan abuse is healthy (if people aren't getting their heads kicked in ). This isn't a simple case of 'whoaaah you're shit' though is it? This is 'You like Mayweather because you're black' or 'XYZ race are better fighters than ABC race because your guy got KTFO!!'. This isn't just all good fun..this is people being ignorant and bringing the sport down. If I didn't like rival fan heat then I wouldn't be on this board in the first place. It's when people make it not about what it was supposed to be about in the first place (in this case it's supposed to be about Boxing, some fans will make it about Race and leave the boxing out).
    Believe me Bilbo I have thick skin, i'm not sensitive as such to these issues but people push you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc for you . Im a white dude from USA and I like fighters based on how good they can trash talk and back it up not were they are from or what color they are or anything like that.

Im glad Ricky is fighting Mayweather because it brings a lot of fans from England over here and they are some of the best most exciting fans in the world. I wish I could go .

I wonder how they are going to react when PPF hands Ricky his arsh ..LOL

Anyway good post man . When it comes to boxing I usually bet on black ,except tonight .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for a ballsy post. I have been wanting to post something along these lines, but apparently my balls haven't dropped far enough yet and I don't like to start contention for no reason with people. Race will always be a part of all things, sad but true. I love fights and fighters, and still notice that though their are differences between races, natural or perceived, we all still bleed the same color. I am about as white as you get, with a touch of Amreican Indian blood, but I love all fighters who fight. You take a bunch of kids about 5 years old and put them alone in a sandbox together and they wouldn't care what color their playmates are; it's the parents that drive color issues into us. Be proud of who you are and treat a human as just that, everything else is b.s. If a fan of boxing hates Hatton cause' he's white or Whittaker cause' he's black or Chavez because he is Mexican, etc., then there is nothing I can do about that, to each their own. Tonight is the Pavlik/Taylor fight, which I dreamt about all night and am chomping at the bit to see. I am a big fan of both fighters, but I'll be hnest I want Kelly to win. Is it because he's white Yeah, I guess so, though I have always rooted for Taylor. Nothing wrong with rooting for your "people", most do, but there is no hate for Taylor. I still think JT will win and in the end I just think this will be a great fight. Race will always be an issue for alot of people, but it depends on how you treat people or think about people that matters. I judge by character, not color.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rooting for your countrymen doesn't make you a racist.

But talking trash with racist slur is always uncool.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    CC for a ballsy post. I have been wanting to post something along these lines, but apparently my balls haven't dropped far enough yet and I don't like to start contention for no reason with people. Race will always be a part of all things, sad but true. I love fights and fighters, and still notice that though their are differences between races, natural or perceived, we all still bleed the same color. I am about as white as you get, with a touch of Amreican Indian blood, but I love all fighters who fight. You take a bunch of kids about 5 years old and put them alone in a sandbox together and they wouldn't care what color their playmates are; it's the parents that drive color issues into us. Be proud of who you are and treat a human as just that, everything else is b.s. If a fan of boxing hates Hatton cause' he's white or Whittaker cause' he's black or Chavez because he is Mexican, etc., then there is nothing I can do about that, to each their own. Tonight is the Pavlik/Taylor fight, which I dreamt about all night and am chomping at the bit to see. I am a big fan of both fighters, but I'll be hnest I want Kelly to win. Is it because he's white Yeah, I guess so, though I have always rooted for Taylor. Nothing wrong with rooting for your "people", most do, but there is no hate for Taylor. I still think JT will win and in the end I just think this will be a great fight. Race will always be an issue for alot of people, but it depends on how you treat people or think about people that matters. I judge by character, not color.
    Thanks, CC back dude for your kool post as well. Some good points made!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    I'm sorry but I have to rant about this. I've copped a hell of a lot of abuse from posting that press conference video up on 'youtube'. I've had 3 Brits in a row comment things like 'You're a bit of a prick for supporting Mayweather when you're from over here'. Another comment said 'England, England, England..' and the other had some more S*** about me being 'turncoat'. Then I got a private message from the guy who posted the 'England, England' comment saying 'I bet you're supporting Mayweather because you're black!! Well know that our boy from england is gonna knock him the F*** out!'

This really pissed me off..Firstly I'm not black and secondly what the F*** does that have to do with it when i'm a fan of the SPORT of boxing. I really do think Boxing is probably on the levels of or even more racist than football. Just go on any video on youtube where there is an inter-racial bout and you hear the foulest words of abuse hurled at each other via the comments. 'Blacks are the best at this that and the other' or 'Mexican knocked your faggot puerto rican a** out' or equally as bullshit comments.
    This is why I usually back the underdogs when football is concerned because I hate the arrogance that some countries have towards it..they view it more of a racial superiority. I'd much rather see a country like Japan win the World Cup over England because you can see how much fun they are having when they are cheering for their players and that to me is true passion and pride in your country. Not acting like a hooligan, smashing things up..getting drunk, beating the S*** out of each other and spouting racist remarks. How can ANYONE call that PRIDE in their country? They're letting the country down with their arrogance and ignorance.
    Well according to Dan if i don't support Hatton or a fighter that comes from my country it means i have low family values.

I know how you feel i get this from Big Dan all the time im sick of it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    Rooting for your countrymen doesn't make you a racist.

I agree, definitely not.
    But also, cheering for somebody not from your country doesn't make you a 'traitor' or any less proud to be from that Country.

Thread Information