Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Boxing The Sport Where Racism is Most Prominent?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Boxing The Sport Where Racism is Most Prominent?

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    CC for a ballsy post. I have been wanting to post something along these lines, but apparently my balls haven't dropped far enough yet and I don't like to start contention for no reason with people. Race will always be a part of all things, sad but true. I love fights and fighters, and still notice that though their are differences between races, natural or perceived, we all still bleed the same color. I am about as white as you get, with a touch of Amreican Indian blood, but I love all fighters who fight. You take a bunch of kids about 5 years old and put them alone in a sandbox together and they wouldn't care what color their playmates are; it's the parents that drive color issues into us. Be proud of who you are and treat a human as just that, everything else is b.s. If a fan of boxing hates Hatton cause' he's white or Whittaker cause' he's black or Chavez because he is Mexican, etc., then there is nothing I can do about that, to each their own. Tonight is the Pavlik/Taylor fight, which I dreamt about all night and am chomping at the bit to see. I am a big fan of both fighters, but I'll be hnest I want Kelly to win. Is it because he's white Yeah, I guess so, though I have always rooted for Taylor. Nothing wrong with rooting for your "people", most do, but there is no hate for Taylor. I still think JT will win and in the end I just think this will be a great fight. Race will always be an issue for alot of people, but it depends on how you treat people or think about people that matters. I judge by character, not color.
    Thanks, CC back dude for your kool post as well. Some good points made!
    It's funny, cause' I don't have but a few friends, none of them white. My handful of friends are Black and 2 Mexican-American. 3 of my Black friends are coming over tonight and it will be funny cause' I already know they're rooting for Taylor, and I'm going for Pavlik. It will be a funny night cause' it will all be in good nature who we are going for in the fight, teasing each other. The good thing is that it's my house so if{when}Taylor wins and they rub it in my face I can always kick them out of my house This will be fight of the year, these guys are going to go ballistic on each other.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

There are all quotes from 'Big' Dan McCarthy he was saying this to me and to Althuggz yesterday.

Kissing a***, your the traitor bitch on saddo's. Puff.

Just F****** winds me up, I reckon someone who wants to be up the a*** of a person like Mayweather must be a right grade A cock. Who would respect a man that wants your money and gives nothing back, who has no respect for anyone. Who'd tell their son to go and tell a sparring partner, that their paying "Go and tell that guy over there, you know my daddy gon' beat your a**.." He'd do this in front of a camera, on his best behaviour. How low must you be to love and respect such a dick?

Ha, no reply because you know I'm right, otherwise you'd be firing back. There's no comeback to the truth is there? Glad I could help you take a good look at yourself, and what you really are. my knowledge is always ready to be passed on, especially to the weak and the blind

I love to pretend I have a messianic complex, I do it at the poker table it's hilarious, seriously though I think it's a bit sad when someone wants their hometown fighter to get beat, and it says a lot about a person's character not only in a literal sense but also in a subliminal sense. I think it displays a lack of righteousness which could further suggest a low degree of family values.

Nonsense if you ask me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    There are all quotes from 'Big' Dan McCarthy he was saying this to me and to Althuggz yesterday.

Just F****** winds me up, I reckon someone who wants to be up the a*** of a person like Mayweather must be a right grade A cock. Who would respect a man that wants your money and gives nothing back, who has no respect for anyone. Who'd tell their son to go and tell a sparring partner, that their paying "Go and tell that guy over there, you know my daddy gon' beat your a**.." He'd do this in front of a camera, on his best behaviour. How low must you be to love and respect such a dick?

Ha, no reply because you know I'm right, otherwise you'd be firing back. There's no comeback to the truth is there? Glad I could help you take a good look at yourself, and what you really are. my knowledge is always ready to be passed on, especially to the weak and the blind

I love to pretend I have a messianic complex, I do it at the poker table it's hilarious, seriously though I think it's a bit sad when someone wants their hometown fighter to get beat, and it says a lot about a person's character not only in a literal sense but also in a subliminal sense. I think it displays a lack of righteousness which could further suggest a low degree of family values.

Nonsense if you ask me
    Be yourself and just don't respond. I am going for Hatton, though Floyd is going to smoke him. This is a case for me where I'm not rooting for Hatton cause' he's white, as I almost always root for my Americans, I'm going for Hatton cause' he's more down to earth and I can't stand Floyd's attitude. I admire his skills above all of todays fighters, but his personality drives me up a wall. But if you want to root for Floyd then don't feel like you have to explain your reasons to anyone, just do it. At least we have these fights to look forward to, that's what I always root for in the end, just having these big fights!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nonsense if you ask me
    Well I would like to add that 'Big' Dan McCarthy is also a hypocrite. I'm a fellow Brit like him and yet following a fight result between fighters I can't even remember he made a post about me and gave me the finger, this despite the fact I hadn't even entered into discussion with him at any time about the fight in question.

I think he just has a lot of built up internal anger issues. I imagine that were you able to watch him typing out his postings he would be much the same as Majesty when talking about Larry Merchant, lots of fist pounding, shadow boxing and table thumping.

I think he maybe needs some tranquilizers to keep him stable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FFS its YOUTUBE

THe amount of moronic and idiotic comments on that site defies belief. Youtube comments really do bring out the dregs of humanity, more that any other place i can think of.
    Knowledge is Power

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for a ballsy post. I have been wanting to post something along these lines, but apparently my balls haven't dropped far enough yet and I don't like to start contention for no reason with people. Race will always be a part of all things, sad but true. I love fights and fighters, and still notice that though their are differences between races, natural or perceived, we all still bleed the same color. I am about as white as you get, with a touch of Amreican Indian blood, but I love all fighters who fight. You take a bunch of kids about 5 years old and put them alone in a sandbox together and they wouldn't care what color their playmates are; it's the parents that drive color issues into us. Be proud of who you are and treat a human as just that, everything else is b.s. If a fan of boxing hates Hatton cause' he's white or Whittaker cause' he's black or Chavez because he is Mexican, etc., then there is nothing I can do about that, to each their own. Tonight is the Pavlik/Taylor fight, which I dreamt about all night and am chomping at the bit to see. I am a big fan of both fighters, but I'll be hnest I want Kelly to win. Is it because he's white Yeah, I guess so, though I have always rooted for Taylor. Nothing wrong with rooting for your "people", most do, but there is no hate for Taylor. I still think JT will win and in the end I just think this will be a great fight. Race will always be an issue for alot of people, but it depends on how you treat people or think about people that matters. I judge by character, not color.
    It's funny, cause' I don't have but a few friends, none of them white. My handful of friends are Black and 2 Mexican-American. 3 of my Black friends are coming over tonight and it will be funny cause' I already know they're rooting for Taylor, and I'm going for Pavlik. It will be a funny night cause' it will all be in good nature who we are going for in the fight, teasing each other. The good thing is that it's my house so if{when}Taylor wins and they rub it in my face I can always kick them out of my house This will be fight of the year, these guys are going to go ballistic on each other.
    Lol its true, hows this for race issues..The friend i'm going with to vegas to watch the fight is a massive Hatton fan, we always tease each other about our fave fighters too. On top of this..he is Greek Cypriot and I am Turkish Cypriot (although we are both British having been born in the U.K)..Our races had a war for the country of Cyrpus in 1974 and as a result lots of lives were lost (sometimes in gruesome torturous ways) and they now live on seperate sides of the country. The guy is my best friend. That really made me relate to your post about 'everyone bleeds the same'. Its so true.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nonsense if you ask me
    hahahahah I only just finished actually reading his crap. The final line is a killer, it displays a lack of righteousness which could further suggest a low degree of family values.

I hope you feel ashamed you immoral evil souless black hearted man you. That has to be the first time I've heard a Mayweather fan get chastised for lacking in 'righteousness'

It sounds like a lecture from God. I half expected him to announce his 10 Commandments for Forum and Boxing fan Obedience.

1) Honour your hometown fighters as your brother.

2) Do not commit fighter adultury and support fighters from other nations. It is an abomination to McCarthy God.

3) Do not mock your nation's fighters for in doing so you are mocking McCarthy God.

4) Do not admire any boxer who does not present himself as righteous on tv, it is an abomination to McCarthy God.

5) Do not disagree with McCarthy God, it is an abomination to Him.

I can't be arsed to think of any more but they would probably involve lots of finger giving and whiny moaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol its true, hows this for race issues..The friend i'm going with to vegas to watch the fight is a massive Hatton fan, we always tease each other about our fave fighters too. On top of this..he is Greek Cypriot and I am Turkish Cypriot (although we are both British having been born in the U.K)..Our races had a war for the country of Cyrpus in 1974 and as a result lots of lives were lost (sometimes in gruesome torturous ways) and they now live on seperate sides of the country. The guy is my best friend. That really made me relate to your post about 'everyone bleeds the same'. Its so true.
    That's awesome; when I saw the Greek and Turk statement I thought-"wow, these guys are going to kill each other",lol. I spend a huge amount of time reading and doing history research, and know the history of Greeks and Turks isn't a good one, even today. Great to hear you guys can put others b.s. problems aside.
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Nonsense if you ask me
    hahahahah I only just finished actually reading his crap. The final line is a killer, it displays a lack of righteousness which could further suggest a low degree of family values.

I hope you feel ashamed you immoral evil souless black hearted man you. That has to be the first time I've heard a Mayweather fan get chastised for lacking in 'righteousness'

It sounds like a lecture from God. I half expected him to announce his 10 Commandments for Forum and Boxing fan Obedience.

1) Honour your hometown fighters as your brother.

2) Do not commit fighter adultury and support fighters from other nations. It is an abomination to McCarthy God.

3) Do not mock your nation's fighters for in doing so you are mocking McCarthy God.

4) Do not admire any boxer who does not present himself as righteous on tv, it is an abomination to McCarthy God.

5) Do not disagree with McCarthy God, it is an abomination to Him.

I can't be arsed to think of any more but they would probably involve lots of finger giving and whiny moaning.

Thread Information