Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Pavlik, too chinny?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Kelly Pavlik, too chinny?

I remember when Cotto was put on queer street by DeMarkus Corley from a temple shot, then he was pushed down by Torres and later rocked and rolled by Judah.

Kelly was on a very similar queer street against Taylor as Cotto was against Corley. Kelly almost did the c0ckroach stomp we seen Cotto perform. Will chinny follow Pavlik? Is this a sign of things to come? What do you people think?
    Kelly has been down before. I have not seen the fights were Kelly has been dropped, any one else care to share what fights Kelly had in which he was dropped?
    I know boxrec has kelly down against Mathias Bedburdick (Pavlik down in the first)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kelly Pavlik, too chinny?

I thought his chin was pretty solid actually. He got rocked b y about 6 straight punches and uppercuts but he held himself together.

All fighters can get rocked but not all of them can come through it the way he did.

I'd say he's tough as hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He showed he has a great heart to get through that seconds round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think he has a bad chin, he gets up after hes been rocked, if you have a bad chin you just dont get up and it happens to you often. After seeing that fight, I can tell you this, both guys hit very hard and will hurt you, both guys have very good chins, both took huge shots in the match. Bhop and Wink never got hit that hard when they faced taylor, he never caught them clean like he did Pavlik, had he caught them it would have been lights out. JT or Pav could have KO'ed Bhop and Wink as neither have the Chins nor the Punching power that JT and Pavlik possess. Heres a fact, a Taylor/Pavlik fight will never ever go the 12 round distance, that was evident last night, one will KO the other before the 9th or 10th round every time, too much power between them, no way you get hit that hard that many times and someone dont go to sleep, both were scary impressive in the fight, I really dont see many middle or super middles that have the same power as these two, I think in 20 years we will look back and say that these are 2 of the best middle weights to ever grace the ring. I was gald the fight was on HBO, but would you pay to see the next one I would/will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I thought his chin was pretty solid actually. He got rocked b y about 6 straight punches and uppercuts but he held himself together.

All fighters can get rocked but not all of them can come through it the way he did.

I'd say he's tough as hell.
    Right on....He pulled through..If you chinny think Hearns.....not "The Ghost".
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In twenty years, two of the best middleweights to grace the ring. Put the crack pipe down man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude, I dont drink, I dont chew tobacco, I dont do drugs.......I'm cleaner probably than anyone you personally know. I'm thinking very clearly thank you, maybe you should put whatever it is your on away

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    I dont think he has a bad chin, he gets up after hes been rocked, if you have a bad chin you just dont get up and it happens to you often. After seeing that fight, I can tell you this, both guys hit very hard and will hurt you, both guys have very good chins, both took huge shots in the match. Bhop and Wink never got hit that hard when they faced taylor, he never caught them clean like he did Pavlik, had he caught them it would have been lights out. JT or Pav could have KO'ed Bhop and Wink as neither have the Chins nor the Punching power that JT and Pavlik possess. Heres a fact, a Taylor/Pavlik fight will never ever go the 12 round distance, that was evident last night, one will KO the other before the 9th or 10th round every time, too much power between them, no way you get hit that hard that many times and someone dont go to sleep, both were scary impressive in the fight, I really dont see many middle or super middles that have the same power as these two, I think in 20 years we will look back and say that these are 2 of the best middle weights to ever grace the ring. I was gald the fight was on HBO, but would you pay to see the next one I would/will
    I think it's going overboard to say if Winky or B Hop would have been hit like that it would have been over. If you think a fighter can get to age 43 having never been stopped, (or even put down to my knowledge) whilst being the longest reigning middleweight champ of all time without having a decent chin then you are crazy.

Winky as well is one tough dude. Not sure if you watched his fight with Taylor but they were pounding each other all night long and it was Jermain who kept backing down and retreating to the ropes.

Winky and Bhop have two of the most proven chins in the business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't wear your sobriety on your sleeve fella, that only serves to condemn you. So your seeing all this with absolute clarity then and not under the influence of any mind altering substances. I suggest that you could put your abstinence to better use by checking out the history of the middleweight division.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long Night Last Nightstill a little "FUZZY"
    you can have a chin made of granite but if your heart is aching,you dont get up!Lets not get Carried Away ,Taylors legacy will be his Two Wins over hopkins.Thats it!HE couldnt ko Hopkins if he hit him with the stool,Taylor Is not a power puncher and in twenty years he'll be a trivia question.Pavlik has a tremendous chin and heart but IMO Very little actual "defense" .Taylor won my respect in defeat but I do not think he'll regain title,He appears "Shook" mentally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow, now taylor dont have power, well who the hell was that in the 2nd round that put pavlik on queer street? was that bhop or winky?......oh I'm sorry....I thought Jermaine Taylor was supposed to fight Pavlik....my bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL at the cockroach stomp comment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't think his chinney, he actually was trying to make a face when j.t caught him. he took the other shots after that pretty well but he was just out of balance.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow, now taylor dont have power, well who the hell was that in the 2nd round that put pavlik on queer street? was that bhop or winky?......oh I'm sorry....I thought Jermaine Taylor was supposed to fight Pavlik....my bad.
    READ ...Hes "NOT a Power Puncher"...I.E Punch for punch,1 Can End You at any time.any Fighter Has power.Its how its set up,utilized,and executed.If YOu Get someone hurt and then throw punches like an amatuer and dont set them up thats wasted power....and then you let them off the hook and get KTFO when your gased in the corner.
    Its also a fact that pavlik has a Brass set and Imo,likes to FIGHT,trade,and relies a little to much on his chin.hes convinced that he can hit and hurt and end any fighter ,I think he might be right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I think it's going overboard to say if Winky or B Hop would have been hit like that it would have been over. If you think a fighter can get to age 43 having never been stopped, (or even put down to my knowledge) whilst being the longest reigning middleweight champ of all time without having a decent chin then you are crazy.

Winky as well is one tough dude. Not sure if you watched his fight with Taylor but they were pounding each other all night long and it was Jermain who kept backing down and retreating to the ropes.

Winky and Bhop have two of the most proven chins in the business.
    B Hop has been put down Bilbo,by Segundo Mercado. And Winky has a dam fine chin BUT Julio Cesar Vazquez battered him from pillar to post. My point is although they are tough,Winkys face was busted up by JT and I don't think he could take Pavlik's power. I think B Hop would be too wiley for Kelly though and I don't think Kelly would be able to hit him much.

Thread Information