Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Emanuel Stewart still be JT's trainer?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Emanuel Stewart still be JT's trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    My opinion on this triner/fighter relationship is limited to the fact that i have only ever witnessed them on television/via internet and for one have never seen their chemistry first hand and secondly my view may be tainted by the medias depiction of them.

However from what i have witnessed of Jt and Manny together, i just don't think they click. Manny asked JT to leave the Kronk gym some time ago and train privately, JT said no. I cannot understand how any fighter no less a world champion would deny himself the opportunity of training in the best possible conditions.
    Furthermore, JT infamously ignored Mannys pleadings in the corner in both the Ouma and Spinks fights. These facts alongside the fact that Steward is predicting Andy Lee to be middleweight champ by the end of 2008 did not bode well for taylor before pavlik. After Pavlik i feel these issues within the camp will be further amplified.

In my personal opinion there needds to be a bond between trainer and fighter. I myself have fought under two trainers, the first i respected but i disliked. i fought in mediocrity under his tutelage.
    My current trainer is a man whoose time i graetly appreciate and whom i genuinely like outside of boxing and i find myself learning each day im in his presence and im improving dramatically.

JT and Emmanuel Steward just don't click.
    Perfectly worded mate, I think Taylor COULD be a great fighter if he would listen to Manny, but in fact he doesn't he pays a trainer tons of cash and doesn't listen to him, it blows my mind.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Killersheep i haven't seen u in a while!
    I, like u believe he could be great. But he needs to decide what it is that he wants from boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Landon
    Quote Originally Posted by ross
    No he thought Pavlik was spent, if he thought taylor was, hed have realised that he wouldnt have the energy to put a spurt on.

Taylor just isnt that good, how many other champs have there evry defence descision questioned ? and from smaller fighters

cc bro, I dont understand the denial here. It seems Jermains fans give more excuses than Jermain did. I like Jermain but he is a good fighter not a great figter.

Like Apolo told Rocky in Rocky II ,"You fight great but Im a great fighter" ha ha ha
    This is just nonsense. I'm not really even a Taylor fan, but if you go 36 rounds with Winky Wright and Bernard Hopkins, two of the top 5 p4p fighters in the world at the time and two defensive masters, and you fight them to stand still, you are a damn good fighter. Period. Even if you didn't score those fights for him (I had him narrowly losing Hopkins I and Wright and winning Hopkins II), anyone with sense knows the fights were razor close. Now, the Ouma and Spinks fights were bad; the Spinks fight in particular was a terrible job of match-making by DiBella, I knew the moment that fight was announced it would be a stinker. So, Taylor deserves some criticism for those fights (especially the Ouma fight because Kassim comes at you straight ahead) but also his team for putting him in there with Spinks who was a bad matchup from the beginning. Still, like I said, his fights with Hopkins and Wright prove he's a good fighter as he stood in there and fought them to a stand still at worst. Another thing is that saying Taylor's a bum takes something away from Pavlik...after all, all he did was beat a bum, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a hard call because Manny took Jermaine in at time when he had the hardest fights of career. Guys that can make you look bad. At the same time Jermaine doesn't listen to a word Manny says during the fights. Maybe it is for the time for them to part ways. Manny is good trainer just not good for Jermaine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone that thinks those two belong together...I urge you to roll back tape & watch Taylor with Pat Burns. Taylor can't even follow Manny's instructions per his own admission.

You either have it or you don't.

Not everyone can operate a motorcycle...but most can ride one...operating at max capacity & riding are two different things.

Get Pat Burns back.

Communication is everything.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Anyone that thinks those two belong together...I urge you to roll back tape & watch Taylor with Pat Burns. Taylor can't even follow Manny's instructions per his own admission.

You either have it or you don't.

Not everyone can operate a motorcycle...but most can ride one...operating at max capacity & riding are two different things.

Get Pat Burns back.

Communication is everything.
    Brilliant post, Wack-O

I owe you a CC in 24 hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Manny is a good trainer
    JT has no gas tank period
    so no matter how good Manny is " you can't polish a turd guys !!!"
    Pouring syrup on shit doesn't make it pancakes?

Thread Information