Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Create EB
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Lacy-Manfredo is a 50/50 fight - could go both ways. A fight between two US hype jobs.
    Lacy was hyped because he demolished virtually every opponent that was put in the ring with him, he has only lost to one fighter who is considered bith a pound for pound frontrunner and the man to beat in the SM division. He was hyped because he's damn good.
    He is very very average - look at his fights against Thompson, Sheika, Syd and Tsypko. Nothing special.
    How do you keep coming back Royal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy-Manfredo is a 50/50 fight - could go both ways. A fight between two US hype jobs.
    Lacy was hyped because he demolished virtually every opponent that was put in the ring with him, he has only lost to one fighter who is considered bith a pound for pound frontrunner and the man to beat in the SM division. He was hyped because he's damn good.
    He is very very average - look at his fights against Thompson, Sheika, Syd and Tsypko. Nothing special.
    I don't feel judging him by the Typsko fight really results in a fair assessment due to the injury.
    I don't want to sound as tho im offering excuses for Lacy, but the fighters you have mentioned are guys who were really sandbagging trying to make him look awkward, (particularily Sheika.)
    Against Calzaghe he was made to look limited, butr Calzaghe is the best guy in the division he makes anyone look limited. I feel Lacy is a good fighter who, should he work on skills and mobility has the potential still to be great.
    He has both one of the best hearts and chins in boxing today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eat a big fat piece of dookey, Royal Lacy has beaten and mowed over every one except Calzaghe and had trouble with Tyspko because of a torn cuff, you idiot 

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Eat a big fat piece of dookey, Royal Lacy has beaten and mowed over every one except Calzaghe and had trouble with Tyspko because of a torn cuff, you idiot
    Take cc # 3. I still think Lacy is done. I remember Dwight Gooden losing his blazing fastball cuz of a torn cuff. If Lacy loses his power cuz of it, than he's nothing more than a journeyman. And even a garbage fighter like Manfredo can still beat a journeyman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have we established that actually was Royal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Royal is the only guy around here that has a homo erotic vendetta against Lacy... Maybe Jeff banged his girl or something

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Royal is the only guy around here that has a homo erotic vendetta against Lacy... Maybe Jeff banged his girl or something
    Nah, Jeff's pretty monogamus. An all round nice guy actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeff is my favorite fighter and one of the nice guys for the sport.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeff is my favorite fighter and one of the nice guys for the sport.
    Admired him early, thought he was really good, after Calzaghe fight i met him, thought he was dead-on real nice guy, my mate met him at a training camp a couplke months ago, same opinion, real nice guy. He lives the sport too, always in shape and always bein healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kind of keep going back & forth on this Lacy Manfredo thing being a worthy fight on the comeback trail.

Think about...it's really not. Try to fight someone that's actually legitly ranked. While I am sure that Manfredo is up there...he sure as shit aint legit.

Froch, Andrade, Bute, or even Green would be the better choices...hell even Bika.

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A safe bet....no risk of an injury and a decent amount of exposure.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I kind of keep going back & forth on this Lacy Manfredo thing being a worthy fight on the comeback trail.

Think about...it's really not. Try to fight someone that's actually legitly ranked. While I am sure that Manfredo is up there...he sure as S*** aint legit.

Froch, Andrade, Bute, or even Green would be the better choices...hell even Bika.

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    We wouldn't even be talking about Manfredo if he wasn't on Contender Lacy will beat Manfedo but will it prove anything really ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

Think about...it's really not. Try to fight someone that's actually legitly ranked. While I am sure that Manfredo is up there...he sure as S*** aint legit.

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    We wouldn't even be talking about Manfredo if he wasn't on Contender Lacy will beat Manfedo but will it prove anything really ??
    from a public perspective it will, Jeff needed a great outing after Calzaghe then he got injured and most people wrote him off while not considering the injury. So now if he carves up Petey it kind of gets him back on track

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    from a public perspective it will, Jeff needed a great outing after Calzaghe then he got injured and most people wrote him off while not considering the injury. So now if he carves up Petey it kind of gets him back on track
    It's kind of an open ended answer. Yes a blowout would be impressive...a 12 round ug-out would not.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doubting Manfredo lasts twelve with Jeff.

Thread Information