Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kelly Pavlik v. Tommy Hearns

Hearns would knock him out in the 3rd round.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Kelly Pavlik v. Tommy Hearns

Quote Originally Posted by vulgardisplayofpower
    No he wouldn't.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh! come one... I like Pavlik as a fighter but he's just beaten JT.
    I mean were comparing an A.T.G. vs. some who has the potential to be there.

As of today I can say without a doubt in my mind Hearns sparks him out. Because we've only seen Pavlik against JT.
    Ask this question in about 2 years and the answer might be different depending on how Pavliks career unravels....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No he wouldn't. If Duran couldn't make it out the second round against Hearns than Pavlik couldn't either. Hearns by 2nd round knock out.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    No he wouldn't. If Duran couldn't make it out the second round against Hearns than Pavlik couldn't either. Hearns by 2nd round knock out.
    Duran was much shorter and Hearns overwhelmed him Barkley was about the same height as Pavlik and had the style to trouble Hearns and even stopped him i would say Hearns wins by KO in middle rounds but there could be another Barkley vs Hearns moment happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say Hearns would have gotten him out of there in 6 or 7 rounds.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

KP is shit slow and would pepperd like fuck by Hearns, if Tommy went for the kill KP wouldn't see the 3rd.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra
    KP is S*** slow and would pepperd like F*** by Hearns, if Tommy went for the kill KP wouldn't see the 3rd.
    So was Iran Barkley and look what happened there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    KP is S*** slow and would pepperd like F*** by Hearns, if Tommy went for the kill KP wouldn't see the 3rd.

C'Mon ICB I am disappointed in you on this one...First of all the Hearns that fought Barkley was a Tommy not of exactly prime condition and had already been through some major wars with some of the greatest of not only his era but of all time.....

Since it would be at MW we have to assume it is the Version of Hearns that fought Hagler, and the version that smoked James Shuler in about a minute...a VERY FAST, HARD hitting Hearns that still had the lust of knocking a man out with authority....

Really now I see a bit of KP bandwagon going on here
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

C'Mon ICB I am disappointed in you on this one...First of all the Hearns that fought Barkley was a Tommy not of exactly prime condition and had already been through some major wars with some of the greatest of not only his era but of all time.....

Since it would be at MW we have to assume it is the Version of Hearns that fought Hagler, and the version that smoked James Shuler in about a minute...a VERY FAST, HARD hitting Hearns that still had the lust of knocking a man out with authority....

Im not saying Pavlik would win he said Pavlik is slow and i was just pointing out Barkley was aswell i have already said Hearns wins by KO in middle rounds unless we see another Barkley vs Hearns 1 moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not saying Pavlik would win he said Pavlik is slow and i was just pointing out Barkley was aswell i have already said Hearns wins by KO in middle rounds unless we see another Barkley vs Hearns 1 moment.

My fault ICB CC#1343 I missed that whole post only seen the one that said so was barkley and look what happened there......
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this some kind of a fu#ken joke!! He beat Jermain Taylor so what! Is was just a matter of time before Jermain got his! He don't like listen, he throw the wrong punches at the wrong time and his stamina is Sh#t! Kelly Pavlik is good, but he should not be mentioned in the same sentence as The Hitman and whoever think Pavik can beat him or is in the same class with can go to hell!!!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at the risk of sounding like a fool I'd say Kelly would have a great chance against Hearns. Most of Hearns best performances were at the lower weights, trading with a real big middleweight like Hagler he got knocked out.

Barkely also caught him as Ice has said, as did Leonard late in their first fight.

No doubt Hearns would be the favourite but its certainly not inconceivable that if they traded shots Pavlik could land first and knock him out, after all it happened to him before.

Pavlik is clearly a huge puncher in his own right and if he connected he would just as much hurt Hearns and Hearns could doubltess hurt him, the question would be who would land first.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns chin to me was questionable at times maybe Pav could get a lucky shot and end it lets wait and see how Pav does if he makes a few more big wins i could lean towards him just wait and see

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Kelly Pavlik of now is not ready for a prime Tommy Hearns. Hearns would have finished the job that Jermain Taylor couldn't in the 2nd.

This would be a homicide at the moment. I do however believe that the best of Kelly Pavlik is still to come but at the moment he would get knocked-out by Hearns.

Thread Information