Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Mayweather-Pacquaio possible?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Mayweather-Pacquaio possible?

Pacquaio has weighed in at 144 twice now, and thats only 6 pounds under what PBF weighed against ODLH, and Mayweather will likely be under 147 for his fight against Hatton during the fight. I personally believe they are pretty much the same size weight wise. However after seeing Barrera against Pacquaio I don't think Pacman would have much of a chance, but still he deserves a chance to get the p4p#1 spot, and he is big enough to fight Mayweather. 1'1/2 inches shorter and maybe 2-3 pounds lighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Mayweather-Pacquaio possible?

Na,don't see this fight happening. Pacman would not be able to go further than 135 imo. Mayweather won't come below 147. He could maybe make 140 at max,but I don't think he would even try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not saying he will fight below 147, I am saying that he will weight between 145-150 on fight night against Hatton. Pacquaio weighed 144, and I can't see him winning against a lot of the guys at 135-140 because he style isn't as friendly to moving up in weight as Mayweather's was. Fighting anyone else it wouldn't work, but I think Mayweather's passive style nullifies his size advantage, because size is almost never a factor in his fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Na,don't see this fight happening. Pacman would not be able to go further than 135 imo. Mayweather won't come below 147. He could maybe make 140 at max,but I don't think he would even try.
    Agreed, Pac would have to make 140, and whether Floyd would go down to 140 again, I doubt it, unless there was big money. I think Pac would do very well to not try to make this fight happen. No way he beats Floyd IMO. There are other fish in the ocean for Pac to catch 1st.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Pacquaio has weighed in at 144 twice now, and thats only 6 pounds under what PBF weighed against ODLH, and Mayweather will likely be under 147 for his fight against Hatton during the fight. I personally believe they are pretty much the same size weight wise. However after seeing Barrera against Pacquaio I don't think Pacman would have much of a chance, but still he deserves a chance to get the p4p#1 spot, and he is big enough to fight Mayweather. 1'1/2 inches shorter and maybe 2-3 pounds lighter.

Pac is a tough guy and has tons of heart, so I honestly think that he would be all for it.

On the other hand............. There is no way in hell that Bob Arum or Golden Boy or whoever Pac is gonna be working with in the future would ever let this fight happen.

Pac has some pretty serious weaknesses and Mayweather would exploit them soo bad that Pac would probably never want to fight again.

Pac vs. Mayweather would be a complete and total massacre.

ICB Guest

No way it wouldn't be fair.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant see it happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't it see happenning. Hatton/Pacquaio is more likely, I think, but I'm still not even sure about that one. Wouldn't it make more sense for Manny to fight the winning Diaz at 135 or rematch with JMM?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be nice though
    I can hear the banter now.....

Floyd: This chump hasn't fought guys anywhere near the level i have! He's not in my league! Im P4P No.1 Baby
    This guy wants to challenge me after i dominated Superfeatherweight years ago

Pacquiao: Well lets compare... How many future Hall of fammer's did you beat at 130?

Floyd: How many future hall of fammer's have you beat from 135 up?!

Pacquiao: Well if i fight you it wont take me that long to answer that now will it? :P
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not out of the question that if Castilo gave Floyd a tough fight at lightweight then PACMAN could have beat him
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    its not out of the question that if Castilo gave Floyd a tough fight at lightweight then PACMAN could have beat him

The JLC that gave Mayweather problems at lightweight would mop the floor with the Pacquiao that we saw on Saturday

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    What happened to Castillo in the rematch ??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I'm not saying he will fight below 147, I am saying that he will weight between 145-150 on fight night against Hatton. Pacquaio weighed 144, and I can't see him winning against a lot of the guys at 135-140 because he style isn't as friendly to moving up in weight as Mayweather's was. Fighting anyone else it wouldn't work, but I think Mayweather's passive style nullifies his size advantage, because size is almost never a factor in his fights.
    yea so far I think both pac and floyd hasn't made size a factor in their fights. pac moved directly up to mab at 126 and beat him, then he moved up directly chasing eric at 130 which he lost but the size didn't really affect him nor did erics height or natural weight advantage. As for floyd his style keeps him safe from any size factor plus pac and floyds speed plays more of a role then size in there fights.

I don't think they can ever fight, because both will prolly be a lesser form of themselfs, pac having to gain more weight which prolly mean less intense training and floyd prolly will be drain. it could even out but I don't think its safe for either one to do so. 147 is floyds limit I really don't think he should go any further down, and pac shouldn't go further then 135lbs.

but for the record, floyd prolly wins s.d but gets stung once or twice maybe even dropped.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    It would be nice though
    I can hear the banter now.....

Floyd: This chump hasn't fought guys anywhere near the level i have! He's not in my league! Im P4P No.1 Baby
    This guy wants to challenge me after i dominated Superfeatherweight years ago

Pacquiao: Well lets compare... How many future Hall of fammer's did you beat at 130?

Floyd: How many future hall of fammer's have you beat from 135 up?!

Pacquiao: Well if i fight you it wont take me that long to answer that now will it? :P
    add a few broken english and midwest slangs then that there is pretty accurate.

for the laugh

Thread Information