Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: dumbell training to increase punch power

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon Of Darkness

I wouldn't suggest using any more than five pounds dumbells. And I damn sure wouldn't suggest trying to punch fast using dumbells. Like you said, slow and steady.
    Not true, you should punch at normal pace, the whole idea is to simulate a fight but whilst holding weights so that when fight time comes you can keep your hands up and throw punches all day long.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lockie
    Quote Originally Posted by DtermendAgretion
    Warning Warning Warnig!!!!  Please Do NOT  Shadowbox
    holding dumb bells. Sholder injury that won't let you forget. Sadly I know.

By the way can some bdy help me with that. I massage, it works, I warm up, it works, I have tried everthing, it works BUT IT Always comes back.
    i think thats wot ive done 2 my shoulder now that u have sed that, i tried a lil bit of shadow boxing with 4.5kg dumbells and bout 2 weeks ago i could barely move my shoulder, i have gotten a bit of movement back in it but it feels like it is mainly nerves that r gettin pinched and a doctor at the hospital sed that it was just cause of my posture (bulls***), now when i do stretches with my arm just 2 keep some movement in my arm in different angles and such i sometimes get a sharp pull goin down my tricep.
    am i doin damge 2 myself by doin this, i no i should see a physio i just havent been able 2 get around 2 it.
    I HATE that. Alot of doctors just jump to conclusions. They go prescirbing BS. I want to pound a few of my old doctors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

working weights into your training routine is great,but the best way to increase your punching power is practice,practice,practice.train to throw your punches with proper form(leverage).your whole body must work together to make your punches all they can be.i personally have never been hit by biceps or triceps.if you are letting them fly with good form they'll do the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, like some people are saying it is an all body thing and alot of your punch comes from your legs. But if you are going to punch with weights like some have said you want to do it slow, so that you will build muscle. If you punch fast all you will do is hurt your elbow or shoulder. I mean honestly the only time you ever hear of lifting weights fast is from ignorant people, weights are ment to be done slow. Read up on lifting, going fast does not make you quicker. When football players and sprinters do squats to improve running speed, they don't go light weight and fast, they go heavy and slow to build muscle. So why would you do different for punching? You wouldn't.

Thread Information