Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Lazcano.

Everybody was quite excited by this guy a couple of years ago, but i haven't heard anything about him lately.
    Anybody no what his story is?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Lazcano.

If he could of stayed a Lightweight, it would of been much better for him.
    I think Light Welter limits his options severly. N'dou suits him. Rees is an obvious target. Unification ends in faliure though IMO.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to really like him, he's good to watch, he was due to fight Ricky Hatton instead of Collazo but he pulled out, he faught Vivian Harris later on and had a dismal showing, since then I haven't heard anything.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    I used to really like him, he's good to watch, he was due to fight Ricky Hatton instead of Collazo but he pulled out, he faught Vivian Harris later on and had a dismal showing, since then I haven't heard anything.
    Same here, iv heard he suffered some injury but thats all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt call it dismal, It was his own fault he lost though.. He kept letting it go back and forth early when he should have been bagging rounds, He showed how well he could take rounds by in fighting vivian and just out punching him, But he faded after time and let harris have his distance and take the fight

Good fighter though, could have been much better at lower weights had he stayed down
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    I wouldnt call it dismal, It was his own fault he lost though.. He kept letting it go back and forth early when he should have been bagging rounds, He showed how well he could take rounds by in fighting vivian and just out punching him, But he faded after time and let harris have his distance and take the fight

Good fighter though, could have been much better at lower weights had he stayed down
    Your right, I think uninspired or flat would be a better way of describing it, he's usually riproaring and very exciting.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO all he needed to do was win rounds 11 & 12 against Harris and he would have won that fight.
    The simple fact that he sat back and didn't fight those 2 rounds lost him that fight. He was there but he let those 2 rounds slip away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

IMO all he needed to do was win rounds 11 & 12 against Harris and he would have won that fight.
    The simple fact that he sat back and didn't fight those 2 rounds lost him that fight. He was there but he let those 2 rounds slip away.
    Yeah i suppose that was whati was getting at, He faded late and unneccessarily and it lost him the fight which he showed he could have won.. He should still be tip top contender but hes just not active and its a shame considering the openings in the division
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reason im asking is because i wanna grab a heap of footage of him to try steal a couple of his moves. I saw him box a really slick southpaw and beat him well and im gettin frustrated by this slick southpaw sparring partner i got, wanna learn a little from him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Reason im asking is because i wanna grab a heap of footage of him to try steal a couple of his moves. I saw him box a really slick southpaw and beat him well and im gettin frustrated by this slick southpaw sparring partner i got, wanna learn a little from him.

I think That was Little but bad stevie Johnston,Very much a True talent and All around ring General.That fight was great a Huge victory For Lazcano.I believe both got of the floor a couple of times and Lazcano stopped him late.
    I wish Lazcano would have stayed at Lt.wt. as well.Along with one of the greatest nicknames ever lol,He has some top notch wins.That Harris lose was dissapointing as he just seem to sputter out overtime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it seems like 4 or 5 years ago since I've heard of juan cano. i really don't know whats been up with him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He pulled out of the Hatton fight just before Collazo AND Urango due to injury i think. Could be something serious

Thread Information