Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Hatton ditch the IBO belt and just keep The Ring belt.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Hatton ditch the IBO belt and just keep The Ring belt.

Dont know why he puts his good name to a second rate outfit like the IBO.

Most fight fans know that the Ring belt is the best guide to who are boxings true world champions.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Hatton ditch the IBO belt and just keep The Ring belt.

Can't wait to see some of the responses you get for this one.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara

Most fight fans know that the Ring belt is the best guide to who are boxings true world champions.
    Nobody gives a f*** about the IBO belt. But why bother dropping a belt that doesnt even require mandatories?

Purse money? Well, first of all the Hatton camp probably doesnt have to turn every penny, second of all the fans shouldnt care about this anyway. Legitimacy of belts? Long gone either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To say that the belt means nothing is a bit ridiculous.

He fought to get the belt & he was proud to earn it. People kill me with shit like this.

It's a long running arguement with the belts & their meanings but anyone that says belts mean nothing...you've probably never fought for one.

No offense.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not a big proponet of following the alphabet soup belts at all.
    I respect the Ring belt and think there all about the facts,fans,and fighters!
    As for the IBO Trinket I think Hatton should have it melted down and make Maywither a nice little bling-bling Necklace and Medallion as an apology for cracking some of his Farking Ribs Maybe a couple of gold caps to replace the teeth he'll dislodge also....Dont want to Ruin that sh!! eating smile.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

He fought to get the belt & he was proud to earn it. People kill me with S*** like this.

It's a long running argument with the belts & their meanings but anyone that says belts mean nothing...you've probably never fought for one.

No offense.
    They Mean Everything To the fighters that endure blood,sweat,and teers in there pursuit.Thats all that should matter.
    All of the polotics,"hostage" sanctioning fees,and utter Nonsense some of these organizations is boarder line criminal.They would make the MOB proud.
    The fighter is mostly an after thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc- I totally agree. I think that now that Golden Boy owns The Ring, you will see it promoted much more.

I dont get why organizations like FightNews.com dont recognize The Ring, and instead give credibility any alphabet title that pops up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He fought to get the belt & he was proud to earn it. People kill me with S*** like this.

It's a long running arguement with the belts & their meanings but anyone that says belts mean nothing...you've probably never fought for one.

No offense.
    Sorry wack, but the IBO give him the belt after the IBF stripped him of theirs.

I know what you mean about belts and their meanings, to me the best belt is the one the best fighters have, BUT > The ring pawns all... if there was no ring belt then i could see why hatton would go for the IBO, but as the ring champ, honestly? the belt is pointless to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No offense.

Valid points Wack,, Besides some pretty big names have held the IBO belt over the years and kept it...Lennox Lewis while being undisputed and RING champion,,Roy Jones while still near the top of his game, Antonio Tarver, while he was the ring LHW champ....

The ring title is not an official title. it has no governing bodies, no sanctioning organization. You know the guys who allow fights to happen and allows fighters to earn a living. The fellows a fighters manager bargin with.

I agree with too many titles and watered down organizations but fact is title fights with a sanctioning body produce higher paychecks
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

No offense.

I know what you mean about belts and their meanings, to me the best belt is the one the best fighters have, BUT > The ring pawns all... if there was no ring belt then i could see why hatton would go for the IBO, but as the ring champ, honestly? the belt is pointless to me.
    But the Ring belt actually isn't a real belt at all is it? Sure they make them up and present them to fighters like Joe Calzaghe but it doesn't mean anything in actuality in professional boxing. I've never heard Michael Buffer announce a fighter 'And now making his way to the ring, the undefeated Ring Champion of the World.........', doesn't happen.

Saying someone is the Ring champion is just the same as saying by majority consent or universally recognised, and to be honest there would still be a universally recognised ranking order for fighters whether the Ring magazine was around or not.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No offense.
    I fully agree. For example, Mayweather is considered pound for pound #1 because of the belts he held.That's because fighting for a belt means fighting at least the top ten fighter of that weight category. As a matter of fact, many people still judge a fighter with the belt he carried and carries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

I've never heard Michael Buffer announce a fighter 'And now making his way to the ring, the undefeated Ring Champion of the World.........', doesn't happen.

Michael Buffer annouced the Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright fight as being for the Ring Light Heavyweight Championship, and annouced the winner the same way.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee

No offense.
    I fully agree. For example, Mayweather is considered pound for pound #1 because of the belts he held.That's because fighting for a belt means fighting at least the top ten fighter of that weight category. As a matter of fact, many people still judge a fighter with the belt he carried and carries.
    Bruce my man you lostme in the first sentence.Maywither is considered Pnd 4 Pnd (by some) not because The number of belts but because of how ..Cough cough Brilliant He is and a Superb boxer.I just never got the whole Counting Belts equals greatness.Its not the belt that makes the fighter but the Fighter that makes the belt.You have to Judge a fighter on Merits,Talent,skills,and definatley accomplishments (belts??) but You cant carry around 500 belts.Unless your Floyd and Have 50 cents as your bellhop Lol.A great fighter is a great fighter with or without a belt!

OH S!!!!!,Happy Birthday.Later days

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One champions efforts are futile. What needs to be done is for the true champions to enter into negotiations with the ring and arrange to publicly and collectively dump their Alphabet belts and adopt a "only the ring belt counts," attitude. Mayb now that GBP have control of the ring the finance may be raised to make such a move possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme

No offense.

But the Ring belt actually isn't a real belt at all is it? Sure they make them up and present them to fighters like Joe Calzaghe but it doesn't mean anything in actuality in professional boxing. I've never heard Michael Buffer announce a fighter 'And now making his way to the ring, the undefeated Ring Champion of the World.........', doesn't happen.

Saying someone is the Ring champion is just the same as saying by majority consent or universally recognised, and to be honest there would still be a universally recognised ranking order for fighters whether the Ring magazine was around or not.
    As I think has already being pointed out Buffer does annonce the Ring champions in the ring.
    Balls

Thread Information