Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: One of the worst cards this year thus far?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default One of the worst cards this year thus far?

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EFMRbSyaC.html

Antonio Tarver v George "Honey Boy" Blades (21-3, 15 KOs) in a twelve round main event on Showtime December 1st. Blades, who is coming off a world title shot against unbeaten WBO world champion Zsolt Erdei.WBC 154lb champion Vernon Forrest (39-2) faces Michele Piccirillo (48-3) in the opener.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I am looking forward to all these huge fights plus less well known ones(like Soto-Guzman,Valero/Linares doubleheader) and Showtime gives me this...Not impressed if I'm honest.Maybe the fights will turn out good?

ICB Guest

Default Re: One of the worst cards this year thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Antonio Tarver v George "Honey Boy" Blades (21-3, 15 KOs) in a twelve round main event on Showtime December 1st. Blades, who is coming off a world title shot against unbeaten WBO world champion Zsolt Erdei.WBC 154lb champion Vernon Forrest (39-2) faces Michele Piccirillo (48-3) in the opener.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I am looking forward to all these huge fights plus less well known ones(like Soto-Guzman,Valero/Linares doubleheader) and Showtime gives me this...Not impressed if I'm honest.Maybe the fights will turn out good?
    One of the worst cards this year thus far?

Joe Calzaghe vs Peter Manfredo

Amir Khan vs Steffy Bull

Enzo Mac vs Gunn

Thats still the worst card of the year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

One of the worst cards this year thus far?

Joe Calzaghe vs Peter Manfredo

Amir Khan vs Steffy Bull

Enzo Mac vs Gunn

Thats still the worst card of the year.
    Nah man, the early fights made up for that, Jennings had a lovely fight before that against Takaloo, Bradley Price boxed well that night, Derek Chisera vs. Tony Booth was a disgrace mind. There were a couple of other good uns there too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that is shittiness taken to a majestic high.

I hope Tarver loses although I have a hard time rooting for a guy who refers to himself as honey boy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

I hope Tarver loses although I have a hard time rooting for a guy who refers to himself as honey boy
    LMFAO!!! Hey,I'd root for honey boy over Tarver any day. And yeah,I think the card is so crap,no-one is even responding to the thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMFAO!!! Hey,I'd root for honey boy over Tarver any day. And yeah,I think the card is so crap,no-one is even responding to the thread!
    The only way it could be worse was if Kreepy Kellerman and Tye Fields were the commentaters.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tarver is ducking a real fight dont tell me this is his mandatory...The undercard should be decent, but I think Forrest should K.O. the guy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll deal with it. Boxing is better than no boxing. Should still be easy nights for Tarver and Forrest

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does sicken me a bit is that Clinton Woods is actually trying to call out Tarver and billing him as one of the dominant forces in the light-heavy division. Tarver is a name that had some good wins a few years ago, but this kind of fight is not going to boost his marketability too much. Terrible bill in my view, Tarver v Blades should be a support card really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forrest vs. Piccirillo is pretty good, imo. It's a hell of a lot better than almost all of the ppv undercards that we're paying for.

Tarver vs. Blades is pretty damn weak, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On his day Forrest is creme de la creme, as good as Mosley or Oscar in terms of quality, always great to see him when he isn't plagued by injury, he's great to watch.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    On his day Forrest is creme de la creme, as good as Mosley or Oscar in terms of quality, always great to see him when he isn't plagued by injury, he's great to watch.
    I agree, he looked very good in winning the title in July.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRazor
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    I agree, he looked very good in winning the title in July.
    Pardon my ignorance but was that against Baldomir?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked awesome v Baldo and all due respect to Baldo but alot of fighters can look good against him. He is a rugged,tough fighter but not very skilled at all. Wide slapping punches. I want to see Vernon fight a top contender at 154,Piccirillo is decent but there are better fighters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

I'll deal with it. Boxing is better than no boxing. Should still be easy nights for Tarver and Forrest
    You probably make the best point. Some boxing is better than no boxing.

Thread Information