Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Griffin: I'm ready for Sturm!

For two weeks Randy Griffin has been preparing in arena’s gym in Hamburg for his fight on October 20th in Halle/Westfalen (Germany) against WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm. Now the “Gentleman” is ready to go: “I can’t wait to step into the ring. My sparring with Alpaslan Agüzüm and Kofi Jantuah was great. I am going to blow away Sturm.”

Regardless of what happens inside the ring there may be a thunderstorm coming in at the ringside. Griffin’s management would like to see arena-CEO Ahmet Öner sitting in the first row, however Öner is barred from all Universum events.

more here: http://www.fightnews.com/arena09.htm

I post this mainly because of the feud between arena-CEO Ahmet Öner and Klaus Peter Kohl of
    UniversumBoxPromotion...

I think it started in 2004 when Universum boxer Luan Krasniqi fougth Sinan Samil Sam,who was/is promoted by Öner...After a close point decision for Krasniqi Öner attacked Kohl blaming him for the loss
    of his fighter...Then at the beginning of this year Öner attended an Universum event and was part
    of a brawl at ringside...later he claimed that Kohl sent Neonazi to beat him and his entourage up,while
    Kohl claimed that after repeated provocation of the event security by Öner the same was asked to leave and then became violent...And now Öner supports Felix Sturms (Universum boxer) opponent
    Griffin...

Entertaing or childish behavior ?!?

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Griffin: I'm ready for Sturm!

The promoter's should be front & center as I think should all involved in the camp on an actual training level.

As far as the bout goes...I want Sturm to box his ears off...I just keep hoping Sturm get's back on the board.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

felix gonna dominate this fight
    griffin is not good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want Sturm to keep checkin off wins...that's all.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I just want Sturm to keep checkin off wins...that's all.
    I want Sturm to step it up soon though Wacko i think Sturm is good boxer with good jab but i want to see him in with some of the big boys.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was on the up and up until he "lost" to Oscar, seems to have been stale since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    He was on the up and up until he "lost" to Oscar, seems to have been stale since then.
    After that robbery...& it was just that...a blatant one, IWO, Sturm's had a lot going on. His mom dying, losing to Casti, winning, & then just staying active.

I honestly doubt that we will ever see Sturm in the U.S. again.

I really do. He & his camp were pretty burnt after that decision.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After that robbery...& it was just that...a blatant one, IWO, Sturm's had a lot going on. His mom dying, losing to Casti, winning, & then just staying active.

Perhaps justifiably, everyone goes on about Germany producing bad decisions but the decision against Oscar was inexcusable.

ICB Guest

He needs to step it up though i know he was robbed against Oscar and it affected him but he needs to move on all big money and big fights are in USA he needs to realize this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

He needs to step it up though i know he was robbed against Oscar and it affected him but he needs to move on all big money and big fights are in USA he needs to realize this.
    Money will be no motivation for him.
    He can make plenty in Germany, as Scrap informed me before Germany has the most PPv buys in the world, they make plenty where they are.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

Money will be no motivation for him.
    He can make plenty in Germany, as Scrap informed me before Germany has the most PPv buys in the world, they make plenty where they are.
    Well he isn't going to get any big fights that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now I think Sturm is better than ever...He revenged his loss against Castillejo(and more
    importantly he learned from his loss),he got much support from his wife and he said so himself
    that his hunger for boxing is back...

I have never seen Griffin,but if Sturm is as good as I (and I think he himself) believe, he should be
    no problem...Or let me rephrase this... Sturm must win this fight pretty easily or he will get problems
    in this division...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I'm the only guy backing Griffin, but I think he's got Sturm's number!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss

Right now I think Sturm is better than ever...He revenged his loss against Castillejo(and more
    importantly he learned from his loss),he got much support from his wife and he said so himself
    that his hunger for boxing is back...

I have never seen Griffin,but if Sturm is as good as I (and I think he himself) believe, he should be
    no problem...Or let me rephrase this... Sturm must win this fight pretty easily or he will get problems
    in this division...

I think he's on the way back to what he was before the Castijello loss...you can't blame him for that loss...the guy's mother had passed just prior to the fight...I don't know that I can blame him for not being 100% focused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's on the way back to what he was before the Castijello loss...you can't blame him for that loss...the guy's mother had passed just prior to the fight...I don't know that I can blame him for not being 100% focused.

His mom died a few weeks after the fight,but after said being cured her cancer resurfaced and she was
    already in a bad condition at the time of the fight..
    But it wasn't only that he tried to fight a brawl taking way to many hits than usually is the case and he
    underestimated Castillejo...he admitted that himself...
    But like I said before,he learned from his loss and got stability back in his private life...For me he is
    already back...

Hidden Content

Thread Information