Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What Do You Think Of Lucian Bute ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default What Do You Think Of Lucian Bute ??

I was watching some of his fights on youtube and i was impressed how he handled Bika i think he has alot of talent and is one to watch out for in Supermiddleweight division whats your thoughts ??

Sorry for spelling error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Do You Think Of Lucian Bute ??

He's a heck of a fighter & will make some noise but not a lot of sound. I wanted to see him fight Lacy next or atleast somewhere down the line.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Why Do You Think Of Lucian Bute ??

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    He's a heck of a fighter & will make some noise but not a lot of sound. I wanted to see him fight Lacy next or atleast somewhere down the line.
    I wouldn't mind him giving Lacy a beat down im actually impressed with Bute Wacko i really think he will be the dark horse in Supermiddleweight division.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Do You Think Of Lucian Bute ??

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    I wouldn't mind him giving Lacy a beat down im actually impressed with Bute Wacko i really think he will be the dark horse in Supermiddleweight division.
    I'd also like to see him face Lacy.
    But in my mind it play's out as Lacy's redemption as a top fighter rather than Bute's certification of joining the top guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    But in my mind it play's out as Lacy's redemption as a top fighter rather than Bute's certification of joining the top guys.
    I gotta agree with donny here.

I think a lot of people of burying Lacy before he's dead...he'll rise again.

As far as Bute being a dark horse? Maybe...but there are some stallions at 168 that I just don't see him conquering...Lacy, Froch, Mundine, nor Kessler.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I gotta agree with donny here.

I think a lot of people of burying Lacy before he's dead...he'll rise again.

As far as Bute being a dark horse? Maybe...but there are some stallions at 168 that I just don't see him conquering...Lacy, Froch, Mundine, nor Kessler.
    I actually totally disagree here Wacko i think Bute takes both Froch and Lacy, Mundine is retired i think he could be one of the top 5.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Bute is fighting Berrio for the IBF SMW title next week.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Looks like Bute is fighting Berrio for the IBF SMW title next week.
    Nice very good step up for Bute i'll be watching that with interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like bute a hardhitting southpaw

but also a good smw jean pascal i think he has a lot of potential too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow!!

The guy is a Canuck and I never heard of him until now!! This goes to show the poor shape of boxing support in Canada.

Here is TSN's boxing page http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/, not one mention of the upcoming fight. I am so glad I found saddoboxing.com

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Butes a good fighter but I think Inkins better. I think both of their styles would make for a good watch and being as theres a handful of up and comers I think it's time they faced eachother to see whos the top contender.

IMO Inkins the guy to look out for he's got a lot of skill, I will admit he lacks some power but he more then makes up for it with skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Bute. He reminds me a lot of Calzaghe, just less experienced. He is moving along impressively though and has looked very good recently so the other guys will have to keep him in the back of their minds. He will be a real threat to anyone.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't seen him yet,but he will be fighting Alejandro Berrio next week on friday(Oct.19th)
    for the IBF super middleweight title...
    I've only seen Berrio once in his last fight against Robert Stieglitz...he can punch as a horse
    can kick,but thats about it...If Bute is as good as you say it should be an easy win for him...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw his fight against Bika and for about the first 4 rounds, I was very unimpressed. He looked robotic, threw a lot of long armed punches that really weren't effective and Bika had some success coming forward against him.

Then all of the sudden he started getting fleetfooted, hopping around rattling off short little combos, squaring up to Bika and coming from all angles with his punches and really took control of the fight from there and was able to look very impressive.

He went from being a poor man's Mikkel Kessler to being a poor man's Joe Calzaghe.

Good win for him but I'm not sure what happens as he steps up more. Bika is a good fighter in his own right but I would certainly consider Berrio stiffer competition as he actually comes forward with a purpose. I like Berrio as a little dark horse in the division. He doesn't have many of the textbook boxing skills but he sure knows how to utilize that power of his.

Didn't know this fight was on, bit of a fascinating fight as far as the style matchup goes. Good step up for Bute and Berrio has a chance to really make a statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I saw his fight against Bika and for about the first 4 rounds, I was very unimpressed. He looked robotic, threw a lot of long armed punches that really weren't effective and Bika had some success coming forward against him.

Then all of the sudden he started getting fleetfooted, hopping around rattling off short little combos, squaring up to Bika and coming from all angles with his punches and really took control of the fight from there and was able to look very impressive.

He went from being a poor man's Mikkel Kessler to being a poor man's Joe Calzaghe.

Good win for him but I'm not sure what happens as he steps up more. Bika is a good fighter in his own right but I would certainly consider Berrio stiffer competition as he actually comes forward with a purpose. I like Berrio as a little dark horse in the division. He doesn't have many of the textbook boxing skills but he sure knows how to utilize that power of his.

Didn't know this fight was on, bit of a fascinating fight as far as the style matchup goes. Good step up for Bute and Berrio has a chance to really make a statement.
    I agree. Bika started strong but Bute turned the tide and took. He fought very smoothly and showed good skills from the early middle rounds on. I thought he showed a lot in that fight. He started off rough but he overcame adversity and got in his rythm and he skills starts to show.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information