Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erik Morales thoughts on recent events...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Erik Morales thoughts on recent events...

From Dog houseboxing.com

Three-time world boxing champion Erik Morales said yesterday a proposed fight between Manny Pacquiao and WBA superfeatherweight champion Edwin Valero will be a slam-bang affair featuring two strong and fast knockout artists.

“It will be a heckuva fight,” said Morales in an overseas phone call from his San Diego home. “Valero is ‘muy fuerte’ (very strong) but isn’t technically sound. He doesn’t know how to control a fight. He just likes to finish off his opponents as quickly as possible.”

In the event of a showdown, Morales said Valero will be most dangerous in the early rounds.

“If Manny gets by the first three or four rounds, he’ll beat Valero,” said Morales. “But he should be careful because Valero will try to score a quick knockout.”

Top Rank officials initially said they would not promote a rematch. But that was when there was talk of Pacquiao moving up to the 135-pound ranks to challenge Diaz. With Valero now looming as Pacquiao’s next opponent, Diaz will be available for another taker and Morales could be a candidate.

Morales said he watched Pacquiao’s recent fight against Marco Antonio Barrera on pay-per-view TV and was disappointed by the Mexican’s refusal to engage.

“It was an easy fight for Manny,” he said. “I don’t think Barrera came to fight. He just wanted the paycheck. He fought for the money. He stayed away from Manny. I was disappointed. Fighters should always give the fans their money’s worth. When I fought Manny, I never backed down. That’s how I am. But I’m happy for Manny that he won over Barrera.”

Just some excerpts I thought would be interesting from one of the top 2-3 Mexican fighters of this generation. I totally agree with all his thoughts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Erik Morales thoughts on recent events...

Does anyone else find it funny that Morales yet again fired a couple shots at Barrera? I love it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12
    Does anyone else find it funny that Morales yet again fired a couple shots at Barrera? I love it!
    They'll keep it up forever.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and he'll get socked in the mouth again for it

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes bit naughty of Eric to say that about Marco , you can see them meeting in the street in 30 years and picking up were they left off !!!!!!
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are not going to make up overnight but you would hope 30 years later they will have there arms around one another, smiling and people taking photos.

Morales has a point Barrera did not let loose as if it was his last ever fight. I was a fan of Barrera before he sucker punched Morales but when Marco was trying to make up with Eric in their last fight Morales got petty and threw water at him saying they were not going to make up and be friends which was also childish.

he also seems to be a pal of Paquai.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

SigmaMu Guest

These two need to fight each other again.
    NOW!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Morales might, but barrera wont, id on't think he even gives a shit, wasn;t it after their third and final fight barrera rated morales higher than himself in the ATG mexican list?

If barrera was to 'keep it up' he would simply move up and beat diaz, that would be a blow no words would ever match, much like beating him 2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    From Dog houseboxing.com

Three-time world boxing champion Erik Morales said yesterday a proposed fight between Manny Pacquiao and WBA superfeatherweight champion Edwin Valero will be a slam-bang affair featuring two strong and fast knockout artists.

“It will be a heckuva fight,” said Morales in an overseas phone call from his San Diego home. “Valero is ‘muy fuerte’ (very strong) but isn’t technically sound. He doesn’t know how to control a fight. He just likes to finish off his opponents as quickly as possible.”

In the event of a showdown, Morales said Valero will be most dangerous in the early rounds.

“If Manny gets by the first three or four rounds, he’ll beat Valero,” said Morales. “But he should be careful because Valero will try to score a quick knockout.”

Top Rank officials initially said they would not promote a rematch. But that was when there was talk of Pacquiao moving up to the 135-pound ranks to challenge Diaz. With Valero now looming as Pacquiao’s next opponent, Diaz will be available for another taker and Morales could be a candidate.

Morales said he watched Pacquiao’s recent fight against Marco Antonio Barrera on pay-per-view TV and was disappointed by the Mexican’s refusal to engage.

“It was an easy fight for Manny,” he said. “I don’t think Barrera came to fight. He just wanted the paycheck. He fought for the money. He stayed away from Manny. I was disappointed. Fighters should always give the fans their money’s worth. When I fought Manny, I never backed down. That’s how I am. But I’m happy for Manny that he won over Barrera.”

Just some excerpts I thought would be interesting from one of the top 2-3 Mexican fighters of this generation. I totally agree with all his thoughts.
    I can never disagree with Morales.

Hang'em up. End it on a winning note.

He DID afterall beat the shat outta Diaz already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Morales might, but barrera wont, id on't think he even gives a shit, wasn;t it after their third and final fight barrera rated morales higher than himself in the ATG mexican list?

If barrera was to 'keep it up' he would simply move up and beat diaz, that would be a blow no words would ever match, much like beating him 2-1
    MAB has NOTHING left in the gas tank,no way would he beat Diaz at a higher weight. And winning 2 close decisions which could have gone either way is not "a blow no words would ever match"..and if it is,then Morales beating 2 guys that KTFO MAB is also a blow that no words could match

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    and he'll get socked in the mouth again for it
    . . this is coming from a guy who quit in 3 rounds when he met Pac

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Morales might, but barrera wont, id on't think he even gives a S***, wasn;t it after their third and final fight barrera rated morales higher than himself in the ATG mexican list?

MAB has NOTHING left in the gas tank,no way would he beat Diaz at a higher weight. And winning 2 close decisions which could have gone either way is not "a blow no words would ever match"..and if it is,then Morales beating 2 guys that KTFO MAB is also a blow that no words could match
    Barrera proved it where it matterd . . . in the ring

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have alot of respect for Morales. Honest to the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup,GAME,MAB sure proved it in the ring with Manny. I'd rather fight like EM did v Manny the third time than MAB.A warrior v someone there to survive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup,GAME,MAB sure proved it in the ring with Manny. I'd rather fight like EM did v Manny the third time than MAB.A warrior v someone there to survive.
    Barrera went 12 rounds . Never got rocked . Morales quit in 3 rounds . . .

Says it all really

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Barrera went 12 rounds . Never got rocked . Morales quit in 3 rounds . . .

Says it all really
    Yes but your a Morales hater so that says it all also

Thread Information