Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you think that this is right for the WBO to demand this match? If so...explain your views.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just w

i think the fight is pointless. diaz will win no question about it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

This is a beaut of a fight and i can't pretend i'm not excited.
    Although i feel this is a little soon in Katsidis' career i feel with his heart he can make a real war of this. I'm not suggesting he will defeat the incresingly impressive Juan, but he'll give him plenty to think about!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

katsidis didn't seem to like being under pressure in his last fight and he made a tough job of it too. I don't think he will be able to handle baby bull's pressure.

He has enough power to KO most though and Diaz's defense isn't great so it would be fun to watch
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not the right thing to do and i hate the way the organisations are so pushy with theyr time limits and all that..

I think its very rude and they never give much notice..

But in all fairness this one may have taken a turn in the right direction to the fans..I genuinely believe Juan wants to unify all the belts and i think he'll take the fight

Helluva fight and kats may not be ready but it'll be dead entertaining

Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    WBO waiting for Diaz decision!

Tuesday, October 16 2007
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...lJeRuQdTh.html

Baby Bull must face Katsidis or lose belt

One of the stipulations of Saturday's Juan Diaz vs Julio Diaz championship fight was the winner (Juan Diaz) must inform the WBO by letter within ten days stating his intention to fight WBO interim titleholder Michael Katsidis within a 120-day period. If Diaz informs the WBO that the Katsidis fight is a go, the parties have 15 days to negotiate an agreement and any one of the parties involved may request a purse bid at any time. If no letter is received, the WBO will declare Katsidis the WBO lightweight champion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Katsidis advisor Sampson Lewkowicz has not yet been able to contact Diaz' promoter Don King Productions, and is distressed at Diaz' post fight comments. "...the only information I have read from Juan Diaz is that he is calling out Manny Paquiao and David Diaz [and] is totally disregarding his mandatory obligation in every interview," wrote Lewkowicz in an email to DKP exec Dana Jamison, "furthermore Don King never acknowledged the obligation of the champion, this action of the fighter and promoter leads me to believe that they have no interest to comply with his mandatory obligation and gives me no other choice but to call for a purse bid as soon as possible."
    This is old news isn't it? He won that title off Acelino Freitas in April. The WBO only sanctioned the Diaz-Diaz fight if the winner agreed to fight Katsidis 120 days afterwards. He won the IBF on Julio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis in the interim champ therefor he should get a shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From katsidis point of view it defiantly fair, but other than that I'm not sure how i feel. I do think Juan will take the fight in search of unifying and getting a huge payday in a future unification fight. I also don't think he will see katsidis a huge threat just a temporary setback.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if katsidis work for it he deserve but

casyamor vs, j.diaz will be a great fight i dont think diaz is ducking for him i think he not ready
    but win or lose he will recieve alot of respect if this fight happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just w

If the stipulation was for the winner to face Katsidis, then I don't have a problem with the WBO enforcing that. Katsidis has earned a shot, and that bout would be a total barn-burner. Let Manny fight David Diaz for the WBA strap (I don't have a problem with this fight as some seems to, especially if it's true that Manny struggles with the weight...I think it'd be a heck of an action fight), then Juan or Katsidis can unify with Manny in the summer. Then the winner there faces Casamayor at the end of '08 (if Joel is still around). Or maybe Casamayor fights Manny in the summer and then unifies with Diaz/Katsidis at the end of '08. I wouldn't mind that plan at all...a lot of exciting matches to be made at 135.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he has to fight him, fight him, get it over with. I don't really like Katsidis, not really sure how he earned the right to be the mandatory, then again Diaz didn't really earn his way to the title shot against Sim so who cares. Should be exciting while it lasts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Politics or not, this will be a great fight. Katsidis brings it just like Diaz, cept with more power and little less consistency. He fights in spurts more. It'll be a war and contender for fight of the year when it happens. I cannot wait.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's bullshit. I want him to fight Katsidis, sure. Still, having him strongarmed by some suits isn't what I had in mind.

Just won the belt and already he's being forced into things... it's sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd normally complain about abc organizations wreckin the sport but this time it has gave us agreat fight to look forward to

Thread Information