Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you think that this is right for the WBO to demand this match? If so...explain your views.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

WBO waiting for Diaz decision!

Tuesday, October 16 2007
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...lJeRuQdTh.html

Baby Bull must face Katsidis or lose belt

One of the stipulations of Saturday's Juan Diaz vs Julio Diaz championship fight was the winner (Juan Diaz) must inform the WBO by letter within ten days stating his intention to fight WBO interim titleholder Michael Katsidis within a 120-day period. If Diaz informs the WBO that the Katsidis fight is a go, the parties have 15 days to negotiate an agreement and any one of the parties involved may request a purse bid at any time. If no letter is received, the WBO will declare Katsidis the WBO lightweight champion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Katsidis advisor Sampson Lewkowicz has not yet been able to contact Diaz' promoter Don King Productions, and is distressed at Diaz' post fight comments. "...the only information I have read from Juan Diaz is that he is calling out Manny Paquiao and David Diaz [and] is totally disregarding his mandatory obligation in every interview," wrote Lewkowicz in an email to DKP exec Dana Jamison, "furthermore Don King never acknowledged the obligation of the champion, this action of the fighter and promoter leads me to believe that they have no interest to comply with his mandatory obligation and gives me no other choice but to call for a purse bid as soon as possible."
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

I don't know if its the right thing to do, almost anything a sanctioning body does seems suspect to me, but this fight is going to be a barn burner if it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just won!

Sounds like b.s. to me that that particular stipulation was even made. If King and all agreed to it, then I guess they have to oblige, but seems kind of unfair to Diaz IMO. I don't know Though I can't wait for this fight and one I have been wanting.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this was a stipulation of the Juan Diaz vs Julio Diaz championship fight…who made the stipulation & when? Was it a WBO stipulation or something that was a verbal agreement made between the two promoters?

Did Juan Diaz & Julio Diaz know that this was a motion discussed or brought forth?

Did they know about it ahead of time? Prior to the fight, I mean.

Common sense dictates that if Katsidis was a mandatory for both men…then it goes without saying that the winner of Saturday night’s match be required to face Katsidis since he is the WBO’s interim belt holder.

Right?

Michael Katsidis fought just as hard…actually harder to gain his title…it seems only right that he get a shot at unification & money just as Juan has.

I would imagine that Juan would agree to this & keep his strap.

It’s the only legitimate thing to do. If not I suppose that we’ll have a new WBO lightweight champion & Juan will have to struggle even harder to reach his goals of unification.

Honestly, I would rather see Juan face Katsidis instead of Pacquiao. I mean…does anyone really REALLY want to see Diaz vs. Pacquiao?

Pacquiao still has business @ 130lbs to take care of & he hasn’t done anything at lightweight yet & a fight against him really does nothing for Juan outside of lining his pockets with cash & it surely doesn‘t further the division in any way shape or form.

Besides, the thoughts of a Diaz vs. Katsidis fight are mouth watering.

Personally, I think that Juan would smoke Katsidis in a fire fight & it’d be a great one for the fans & it‘s the right thing to do.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah...I voted : Yes...this is the right thing to do.

I just think that Juan needs to keep his titles & also Katsidis is a more deserving & legitimate choice of opposition.

Unless ofcourse he's going to fight the last Diaz, David.

That would almost equate to UNIFICATION...& I am always down for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post Wacky, CC. I really couldn't predict a winner, though I would favor Diaz just for his conditioning and outright workrate, and Kats is somewhat open to taking alot of shots and always cuts. Could be one of those matchups that turns into a rivalry like Ward/Gatti or Castillo/Corrales. Hope, hope, hope it happens.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck fighting Katsidis. Diaz needs to fight Casamayor. That should be the only fight that matters to him

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted yes, if Kats wants in there let him go for it. What a brawl it will be!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted politics.

The WBO are being asses about this. If they really wanted they would grant Diaz a non-mandatory bout.

As much as I like Kats I think Juan cracks 'em it'll be entertaining while it lasts. If Juan REALLY wants to keep the title he should fight Kats and get him out of his way and move on. Kats has onion skin and I think Juan cuts 'em up really bad and forces a stoppage.

How many times have we not seen Eliminators and or fighting for the #1 spot and that shit get's over looked.
    How long have certain fighters been Interim Champions and they never fucken make the champion fight the Interim champion...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is good he will be fighting a guy in his wait class which is good

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also Manny is not even down with the divison he is in he needs that JMM for him to be the man super featherweight with out a doubt but if he lose to JMM his career will be slowed down pluse the pound for pound spot that he holds he will be lowered also Pacman has alot to lose with JMM maybe he does not want it i know the money is a problem but man if Pac loses he is in alot of trouble career wise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just w

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    F*** fighting Katsidis. Diaz needs to fight Casamayor. That should be the only fight that matters to him
    How come Casamayor is not even rated on BoxRec? Is it because he hasn't fought in over a year? I see he's scheduled to fight Jose Armando Santa Cruz on 11/10.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares about boxrec they are on crack and do not take there ratings to seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz must face Michael Katsidis or give up the WBO strap that he just w

Oh I don't take the ratings seriously: http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,54011.0.html

Just found it curious that he wasn't rated...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    F*** fighting Katsidis. Diaz needs to fight Casamayor. That should be the only fight that matters to him
    How come Casamayor is not even rated on BoxRec? Is it because he hasn't fought in over a year? I see he's scheduled to fight Jose Armando Santa Cruz on 11/10.
    If a fighter has not fought for 12 months they leave the ratings til they fight again.

Thread Information