Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kostya Tszyu wants to fight again.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Kostya Tszyu wants to fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    Don't think I've lost me marbles but I'd give Kostya as good a chance as any of beating Mayweather, Cotto or Mosley. As for Paulie and Witter, they'd get knocked the F*** out.
    Are you joking ?? you can't be serious ??

Nearly 40 year old Tszyu who has only had 5 fights in 6 years and has never fought at Welterweight but you would give him good chance against Mayweather, Cotto, what the ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Don't think I've lost me marbles but I'd give Kostya as good a chance as any of beating Mayweather, Cotto or Mosley. As for Paulie and Witter, they'd get knocked the F*** out.

Nearly 40 year old Tszyu who has only had 5 fights in 6 years and has never fought at Welterweight but you would give him good chance against Mayweather, Cotto, what the ??
    Beat mayweather at what Are we still talking about boxing ??
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who does KT want to fight tho? in his prime he was amazing with power and accuracy in his punches. i wonder how his timing is now tho. he might be rusty as hell. huh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar

Beat mayweather at what Are we still talking about boxing ??
    He may beat Mayweather....... in hair length He has no business at this point in his life getting in with any of those elite guys.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He have good chance at beating Mayweather if he had a fucking time machine and mayweather would agree to fight him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a terrible idea and he has to find the desire again then he shouldn't be in the ring, but i guarantee that Zab Judah would love to fight him again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu's just turned 38, he was in his prime at 35, besides styles make fights, he beats boxers, with surgical precision. You have to be a real conoisseur to understand that timing will beat speed, if only Tszyu had faught Mayweather instead of Hatton, boxing would have such a different landscape.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it will happen, wiser heads will prevail and talk him out of his desire to fight at the top level again. I believe his prime was 1999-2001 and that seems an eternity ago, at 38 he will not be able to do what he used to do that made him such a great champion. He fought Hatton 5 years past his best IMO so this idea is crazy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hatton loses to Mayweather a Tszyu rematch at Wembley next summer would make some money. They could fight for a bs 147 pound belt.

ICB Guest

Tszyu's just turned 38, he was in his prime at 35, besides styles make fights, he beats boxers, with surgical precision. You have to be a real conoisseur to understand that timing will beat speed, if only Tszyu had faught Mayweather instead of Hatton, boxing would have such a different landscape.
    Tszyu in his prime at 35 ?? now i know your only saying that because he fought your favorite fighter Hatton when he was 35 no way on this earth was Tszyu in his prime at 35 with all the long lay off's your so biased.

If Tszyu would of fought Mayweather he would of got a boxing lesson you are right that timing does beat speed but not all the time because Mayweather is so good on the defensive aswell as speed that you can't just catch Mayweather with one big shot you have to put your punches together.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu in his prime at 35 ?? now i know your only saying that because he fought your favorite fighter Hatton when he was 35 no way on this earth was Tszyu in his prime at 35 with all the long lay off's your so biased.

If Tszyu would of fought Mayweather he would of got a boxing lesson you are right that timing does beat speed but not all the time because Mayweather is so good on the defensive aswell as speed that you can't just catch Mayweather with one big shot you have to put your punches together.
    Tszyu wasn't in his prime, but he was far from past it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen ice it be a tought fight and Mayweather might of lost if he fought Tszyu at 140 in prime i mean the only fighter worth mentioning that he has beat that is over 135 is Oscar and that is it i do not think beating Zab or Baldomiar show he could beat Tszyu who know he might lose ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree with ICB, while Kostya pulled off a grand recovery prior to the Hatton fight...he surely wasn't in his prime.

Prime is always subjective. I think Kostya's prime was from 1999 to 2003...but I aint a Kostya fan...I'm just going off of his showings.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God I hope Tszyu stays put, he has no business in a ring at this moment.
    He left IMO a great legacy and IMO he can argueably be the best Light Welter ever.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Listen ice it be a tought fight and Mayweather might of lost if he fought Tszyu at 140 in prime i mean the only fighter worth mentioning that he has beat that is over 135 is Oscar and that is it i do not think beating Zab or Baldomiar show he could beat Tszyu who know he might lose ice
    And who did Tszyu beat at 140 that showed he could deal with Mayweather's speed ??

Thread Information