Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Earl vs. Khan official on December 8th!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Earl vs. Khan official on December 8th!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Earl vs. Khan official on December 8th!

This is Kahns first actual test and il be interested to see how he goes.
    I actually believe this fight will reveal all we need to no about Khan.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that this will be the first time Khan will face someone who has challenged on a world level, even if he was found out a little, but Earl is certainly at European level, and has the power to cause Khan trouble if the Bolton boy's chin is as dubious as many naysayers would make out.

I believe that Khan will have the quality to pull through the fight, and although he might get floored, I think he'll actually have the power and handspeed to cause Earl some real trouble and maybe finish him down the stretch.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As was said earlier, this is Khan's acid test. This is the fight that will tell ALL. For me to be convinced by him then winning will not be enough. He has to win IMPRESSIVELY. He has to DOMINATE Earl from the opening bell and look like he is in a different league to him. He talks big about wanting to be a world champ by 21, well, ok, son now here's you chance against a decent lightweight. If it's a skin of the teeth victory like the Limond fight then he's just a talented Olympian who may win a WBU title or may sneak a proper world title (WBC, IBF, WBA) if it is held by an average world champion but he won't trouble the cream of the lightweights and don't even mention the P4P lists.

However if he does outclass Earl then I may start to be convinced by this guy. My opinion is that this is a 50/50 fight. I would like Khan to win and in terms of talent there is no contest but I just see Earl being like a little irritant, a nuisance, a pest who just won’t go away with him still being there firing heavy punches by the 8th and 9th rounds of a hard fight where both men are tired, but Earl’s ring experience and manliness brings him to a late stoppage. I hope I'm wrong but Khan has fragility look about him and plus even if Khan does get beat it will not be the end of the world. He will still be a 20 year old Olympic silver medallist with a 15-1 which is not a bad.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't have to dominate Earl to prove a point to me. Just beating a guy who was on the verge of a world title shot is an improvement. This will be Khan's toughest test yet. I see him coming through it. Khan doesn't have to blow everyone away to impress me this time. Just getting the win should be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Kahn can outbox Earl, if he goes in there with a good game plan.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Earls steel which was proved against Katsidis is as good as they come and that alone gives him a real chance here,and he can bang too.
    I agree though that Amir has the tools to take him down and may even stop him,i was shocked at how hard he's starting to bang himself now and Lawton even said he whacks harder than Thaxton.
    Gonna be a real tear-up this one and this'll be the fight that launches khan into the big time if he can get Earl outta there.
    Depends on the ref though eh Saddo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This should prove to be a big test for Kahn as after Katsidis we pretty much no that Earl will not be intimidated.
    I'll be interested to see how Kahn reacts to this factor as in past fights, his opponents have ran from him trying to stay away and kahn has used his good movement to keep them in range for his better straight punches. So i'm interested in the chemistry which will be created when Earl steps in...

Thread Information