Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighters You like that fell short of winning the title!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighters You like that fell short of winning the title!!!

We always talk about and debate about our favorite fighters...PBF, DLH, Hatton, Cotto ect....or past guys....Leonard, Benn, Hagler ect....

But no one ever talks about a fighter they were or are a fan of that never made it to winning the title...like we are ashamed of them and do not want to admit we are big fans due to being blasted by the rest of the Forum....

I know everyone has that one guy who just can't or couldn't win the title but we liked his style or the heart he showed even in loss and stayed a fan even though he never made it to the top.....

I have and always will be a fan of Emmanuel Augustas, just as many losses as wins but I like watching the guy fight and when he is on point he is a skilled man who has the ability ( or had I should say) to beat just about anyone on any given night...

Who else has that guy who never made it to the top but you still like to follow his career anyway?

I know I can't be the only one...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Fighters You like that fell short of winning the title!!!

Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

Charley Burley This guy was ducked like the plague even from Robinson i believe Archie Moore said once *People always ask me who was the best fighter i fought i always say Marciano because thats what people want to hear but really it was Charles Burley because he whooped my a** in my prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

Charley Burley This guy was ducked like the plague even from Robinson i believe Archie Moore said once *People always ask me who was the best fighter i fought i always say Marciano because thats what people want to hear but really it was Charles Burley because he whooped my a** in my prime.
    nice list

I always had a lot of respect for herol graham. superb ant light middleweight and middleweight at british and european level. was slightly past his peak when he eventually got his first world title chance even though he had lost only once at this time.

at his peak a defensive master with great reflexes.

his loss to jackson was hearbreaking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Tua definately is the prominant name!
    Immortal Technique

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC
    Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

nice list

I always had a lot of respect for herol graham. superb ant light middleweight and middleweight at british and european level. was slightly past his peak when he eventually got his first world title chance even though he had lost only once at this time.

Thanks Graham has to be unluckiest ever i mean his fight with Mike McCallum was razor thin close and so was his fight against Sumbu Kalambay and Jackson fight ?? well what can i say Jackson's corner were just about to step in then bam out of nowhere thats it all over all Graham had to do was survive the round and not go in for the kill and he would of won and Charles Brewer fight ?? well he floored Brewer twice if i can remember right and was a mile ahead on the scorecards and then was stopped in the 10th round i actually feel bit sorry for Graham.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley Harrison

if it wasn't for the bad stoppage against sprott he would be well on his way now
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

nice list

Thanks Graham has to be unluckiest ever i mean his fight with Mike McCallum was razor thin close and so was his fight against Sumbu Kalambay and Jackson fight ?? well what can i say Jackson's corner were just about to step in then bam out of nowhere thats it all over all Graham had to do was survive the round and not go in for the kill and he would of won and Charles Brewer fight ?? well he floored Brewer twice if i can remember right and was a mile ahead on the scorecards and then was stopped in the 10th round i actually feel bit sorry for Graham.
    me too. it says a lot too that the likes of eubank, benn and watson wanted nothing to do with him either.

ICB Guest

Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

nice list

me too. it says a lot too that the likes of eubank, benn and watson wanted nothing to do with him either.
    I think Graham would of been miles ahead on the scorecards if he fought Benn, Eubank, Watson, but would of been stopped in the last round with 2 seconds left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

nice list

I think Graham would of been miles ahead on the scorecards if he fought Benn, Eubank, Watson, but would of been stopped in the last round with 2 seconds left
    either that or he would have won every round against eubank but still lost a majority decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

CC great list
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy for me;

Jerry Quarry who had a fantastic chin and good punch but cut way too easily, but a damn good fighter IMO
    Emanuel Augustus, who really pissed me off with his theatrics and wasted talent. A horrible record but many of those losses were his own fault due to trying to be a showman than a fighter. A damn shame
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Oh Plenty.

Earnie Shavers
    Bert Gilroy
    Sam Langford
    Jimmy Young
    Razor Ruddock
    Heral Graham
    Michael Watson
    David Tua

CC great list
    Thanks back.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Easy for me;

Jerry Quarry who had a fantastic chin and good punch but cut way too easily, but a damn good fighter IMO
    Emanuel Augustus, who really pissed me off with his theatrics and wasted talent. A horrible record but many of those losses were his own fault due to trying to be a showman than a fighter. A damn shame
    Quarry was in strongest HW era ever any other HW era he would of won the World title his first fight with Frazier was brutal.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bennie Brisco ....awesome philly middleweight
    Harry wills....Very good Heavy in the early centuary by all accounts."The Brown Panther" was out of 'Nawlins and topped off at 6'5 220 give or take and was ranked from #1 to#6 for Three straight years.Faced top contenders throughout.
    He signed to fight Jack Dempsey in a highly anticipated match by both and fans...All of the sudden the Govorner of New York Cancelled it Fearing RACE RIOTS.what a Sham(e)
    Sam Langford
    Harold Brazier
    Oba Carr...sure had Chances though
    Cecilio Espino...Blood and guts Bantam out of Ca. This could go on a while

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teddy Reid-He was a warrior with a great punch, but very little technique. His chin also left a lot to be desired, but his heart didn't. A true warrior.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ben Tackie. Good warrior fighter. But not really championship material

Thread Information